Your Dog's Unusual Food Preferences

poodlefan

I recently discovered a packet of Clinkers opened and systematically tasted by the Whippet of Mass Destruction. He'd been left unattended in the car for 5 minutes at a recent show while I packed up. It became rapidly apparent that he didn't like the pink Clinkers. I think the half chewed ones all over my drivers seat were the giveway. However yellow and green were consumed.

Howie isn't my only dog with discerning tastes.

Lily the Toy Poodle is not shy about her food at at the best of times but loves olives. :( No idea why but she just loves it if I have to pick off the offending bits that migrate across a shared pizza while it's cooking. Ditto for those horrid anchovies.

So what wild and whacky foods do your dogs like? This thread's for fun. No need to mention McDonalds.. all dogs like that don't they?

Edited by poodlefan

:( jam packets from Macca's

Dogs were feeling displaced when we first moved so I put them in the car in the driveway ( they felt happier in there ). They raided the jam packets and I came out to one with the packet between his feet, squeezing it into his mouth.

Other dog simply spread it all over the seats :eek:

My old (ex) family dog used to pick mandarines off the tree, peel them between his paws (as he had is eyes shut and nose screwed up to avoid the oil fromt he skin) and scarf them down. He used to eat heaps of them.

My old cairn terrier used to pick sugar peas out of the garden and eat them.

My standard poodle pulls lemongrass up by the roots and eats the whole thing, from roots to the tip. Nice breath though! :(

My old (ex) family dog used to pick mandarines off the tree, peel them between his paws (as he had is eyes shut and nose screwed up to avoid the oil fromt he skin) and scarf them down. He used to eat heaps of them.

:(:eek::hug::) I can picture this. Brilliant!

Lestat, he eats everything, but oddly enough wont touch prawns

Mistral, we have a pear tree out near the clothes line and he will go and pick them off and lay somewhere to eat them, always leaving the core :( he also loves prawns and will happily share them with me and fizzers, only the pinks ones though

Alchemy will eat anything at this stage, she is still deciding what is good and what isn't

One evening my husband was late home for dinner, so I put his plate in the fridge and left the table set for him, and covered the bread basket which contained garlic bread, with a cloth and left it on the table.

When he got home, I mic'd his dinner and set it down for him, and was explaining I'd left the bread on the table and if he wanted it warm it would probably be OK in the microwave too. As I was talking I lifted off the cloth, only to find a completely empty basket.....not even a crumb left!

Not sure which one was the thief, they both looked equally happy with themselves.

Dusty will walk over hot coals for jelly lollies. They both love watermelon.

have a bush in the garden (no idea what it is) that grows a lychee type fruit on the trunk but with a smooth skin

Sounds like Joboticaba.

Lu doesn't have any weird things she eats. Bundy loved red kidney beans. Whenever I needed them for something I would buy the really big can so he could have half.

I recently discovered a packet of Clinkers opened and systematically tasted by the Whippet of Mass Destruction. He'd been left unattended in the car for 5 minutes at a recent show while I packed up. It became rapidly apparent that he didn't like the pink Clinkers. I think the half chewed ones all over my drivers seat were the giveway. However yellow and green were consumed.

Howie isn't my only dog with discerning tastes.

Lily the Toy Poodle is not shy about her food at at the best of times but loves olives. :D No idea why but she just loves it if I have to pick off the offending bits that migrate across a shared pizza while it's cooking. Ditto for those horrid anchovies.

So what wild and whacky foods do your dogs like? This thread's for fun. No need to mention McDonalds.. all dogs like that don't they?

Damn, I only like the pink ones. I think I may need to borrow that whippet of yours :D

Kei's favourite pastime at the moment is standing in the vegie patch and munching away at whatever takes his fancy :love:

she's all yours - little toad conned me last night.

Barked so I went out to shut her up and they came in - thinking it was early in the morning I let them sleep with us

Next time I look at the clock it is actually only 12:30 - I got duped

Jaboticaba - yummmmm I will have them

the wine by murdering point winery near cairns is to die for, as is the black sapoti port

My dog Chip will do ANYTHING for hot chips from Hungry Jacks :) (not actually where the name came from but very fitting). He also loves powerade!!!! After football my brother will give him the dregs of the bottle with the lid taken off and he'll roll it around for hours trying to lick up every last drop.

Mine have all eaten most of the regular fruits and vegetables (banana, apple, persimmon, carrot, celery, broccolie, etc) but have had a particular passion for parsnips and mangos.

They also love Italian leftovers. Anything with a tomato based sauce.

Just don't offer them dog food. :thumbsup: They only eat real food.