Furminator On Weimaraner?

silverdog

Anyone used a Furminator on weims before?

Mine are all shedding like crazy at the moment. I do use a hound mitt to pull out all the loose, dead hair, but am looking for something that works even faster, and have heard people raving about Furminators.

Are they just for pulling out undercoat in double coated breeds?

Any thoughts on them, specifically for very short coated dogs like weims?

A slicker brush works well on short-haired dogs to get fur out, without cutting.

I use them on the poodles to get rid of dead hair, but worked great on my sister's shorthaired Ridgeback/ StaffyX.

He liked the feel of it, too.

Make sure you get an EXTRA SOFT one.

A good-quality slicker brush is much cheaper than a furminator.

The Purina brand ones in Coles look pretty good.

http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/product_info.php/products_id/409

I use the furminator on my Ridgie with great success - found it much better than the slicker (I have both), but I am looking from a show perspective. I am always amazed at how much hair it removes without damaging the coat :laugh:

I use the furminator on my Ridgie with great success - found it much better than the slicker (I have both), but I am looking from a show perspective. I am always amazed at how much hair it removes without damaging the coat :eek:

I just got two dyson vacuum cleaner bucket thingys of fur out of my cat, each time I do it I am amazed at how much fur you can get out of them!!

I get a heap out of Altas, but the stuff that came out of the cat!! WOW!!! :mad

Teebs so it works on BTs then? Hmmmm might get one... Anything I can do to reduce Atlas' outrageous shedding would be great. Sometimes I can literally SEE the hair coming off him like he has a weird halo-like glow around his whole body in the sun :eek: Then he shakes it and it just covers everything. And I wear a lot of black. :mad

Teebs so it works on BTs then? Hmmmm might get one... Anything I can do to reduce Atlas' outrageous shedding would be great. Sometimes I can literally SEE the hair coming off him like he has a weird halo-like glow around his whole body in the sun :rofl: Then he shakes it and it just covers everything. And I wear a lot of black. :rofl:

It sure does!!!

I've used them on whippets, dalmatians etc at work, and it's always worked well. I wished it worked slightly better on Tucky, since he seems to start shedding again the second I stop furminating him! :happydance:

I just bought a furminator for my cattle dog and O.M.G. is it the BEST or what???? Love it!!! Getting her layers and layers of undercoat out so easily (well, when she's behaving herself that is... she doesn't like being brushed, especially with this so I don't use pressure at all...)

The lady in at Petbarn did say she used it successfully on her Ridgeback, with no issues. Haven't tried it on Sash yet, although she doesn't really need it.

I use the furminator on my Ridgie with great success - found it much better than the slicker (I have both), but I am looking from a show perspective. I am always amazed at how much hair it removes without damaging the coat :love:

What size do you have Rijbiz? Kei has a very short coat but gets a lot of dead fur up around his neck and ridge -especially right at the top of his ridge. Zoom Groom works fine most of the time but I wouldn't mind getting something a bit better for the times that he's shedding...