Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

:) Must have been a massive dog to attack a Rott that badly! :( Hope your friends dog is ok.

Doesn't necessarily need to be bigger than the Rotti, just a lot braver (or stupid) and there's plenty of breeds that would fit the bill there.

Hope the Rotti recovers well.

All she could tell me that she recalls a dog that is a bit taller and bulkier than a staffy.. she didn't really have a chance to take much notice. due to her dog bleeding and wanting to get her to a vet.

She is upset with herself for not taking the owners details, but I guess when all you want to do is make it to the vet ASAP then that would prob be the last thing I would've thought about also

Morning , I have a question, I got a notice from Western Power 10 days or so again saying that they are planning a power outage in our area for today to do some maintenance, then in the middle of the notice there is a block and it says time and what address it will affect, which is not my address, first time I have gotten one of these so I am wondering if my power will in fact be going off? Why did they send it out to all the houses when only one address is affected?

Morning , I have a question, I got a notice from Western Power 10 days or so again saying that they are planning a power outage in our area for today to do some maintenance, then in the middle of the notice there is a block and it says time and what address it will affect, which is not my address, first time I have gotten one of these so I am wondering if my power will in fact be going off? Why did they send it out to all the houses when only one address is affected?

Just in case they stuff up, and your power goes out :eek:

Just in case they stuff up, and your power goes out :eek:

LOL, hopefully it doesnt as Mason and I are sitting right under the aircon, it is far too hott today!

Has any one seen the bureau of meteorology website today? We're getting a cyclone in Perth! Tropical cyclone Bianca is expected to be a category 1 cyclone off Bunbury by 30th Jan.

Best that everyone stays away from the beach for the weekend as high tides, very rough seas, dangerous surf and flooding of low lying coastal areas are expected on sunday between Jurien Bay and Cape Naturaliste.

Has any one seen the bureau of meteorology website today? We're getting a cyclone in Perth! Tropical cyclone Bianca is expected to be a category 1 cyclone off Bunbury by 30th Jan.

Best that everyone stays away from the beach for the weekend as high tides, very rough seas, dangerous surf and flooding of low lying coastal areas are expected on sunday between Jurien Bay and Cape Naturaliste.

Wow, i will maybe skip our beach walk tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

Daisy doing well this morning :D Had a bit of a scare a couple of hours after bringing her home when her breathing got very fast and shallow, but she settled down again. The vet said to make sure she stays calm and relaxed for a few days - not hard with Daisy :rofl:

Thanks for all your well wishes for her :laugh:

Daisy taking it easy - she has a green stain from the tablet they put under the eyelid to make them vomit, and is shaved in various places, but all in all she has come through this very well :rofl:

5394765630_530713fa06_o.jpg

Could do without a cyclone on top of everything else that's gone on this week :rofl::rofl:

Hi CrazyCresties - good news on Daisy!

The problem with being on a beach with a cyclone nearby has very little to do with the water - its the wind that picks up sand and sandblasts you (gets quite painful) and starts to strip the paint off your car.......

It's actually fun watching the waves and surf - at a nice cautious distance!

(I grew up in Port Hedland -lots of cyclones)

on a different note... has anyone else noticed that lately the free shipping stuff on Clean Run has been decidedly smaller items and mostly food/treats? Me thinks they have one too many international customers!

Yep I have noticed and I thought the same thing!

Hot here today as well, 40 at the moment and really humid!

My friends Rott was attacked at Whitfords Dog Beach today :)

Poor thing has to wear a bucket tonight and go back tomorrow for them to clean up her wounds..

Being in a rush to get to the Vet she didn't have a chance to get any details of the dogs owners..

One of the big reasons why I don't take my boys there. We know we can control our dogs.. but you cant really trust the other public to have control of their dogs

:(

Wowsers RnR hope she is ok.

I suppose when i go i got three to five rottis i get avoided like the plague rofl.

Mind you have had a few close encounters with zeus why the hell do they take on the biggest thankfully zeus is such a mummies boy he will stand his ground but come to me immediately and i can then keep the other dog at bay. i always go right up to the horse part of the beach though as to avoid people.

With any luck she can go back to the beach minus dogs and find the person responsible. I reccomend she make a report anyway might get the ranger down to ensure rules are being follwed.

My biggest gripe at the dog beach is it states dogs must be on lead to you hit the beach and those that let them out of car or to run from beach to car etc. gets mine all excited etc or they run through the kids grrrrr

cc glad daisy is looking up how scary.

my girl is now a woman as of today she is growing up :shrug:

My friends Rott was attacked at Whitfords Dog Beach today :)

Poor thing has to wear a bucket tonight and go back tomorrow for them to clean up her wounds..

Being in a rush to get to the Vet she didn't have a chance to get any details of the dogs owners..

One of the big reasons why I don't take my boys there. We know we can control our dogs.. but you cant really trust the other public to have control of their dogs

:(

I suppose when i go i got three to five rottis i get avoided like the plague rofl.

Mind you have had a few close encounters with zeus why the hell do they take on the biggest thankfully zeus is such a mummies boy he will stand his ground but come to me immediately and i can then keep the other dog at bay. i always go right up to the horse part of the beach though as to avoid people.

With any luck she can go back to the beach minus dogs and find the person responsible. I reccomend she make a report anyway might get the ranger down to ensure rules are being follwed.

My biggest gripe at the dog beach is it states dogs must be on lead to you hit the beach and those that let them out of car or to run from beach to car etc. gets mine all excited etc or they run through the kids grrrrr

my girl is now a woman as of today she is growing up :shrug:

Yes I also have an issue with people letting their dogs run through the carpark, its so dangerous, they could easily get run over!!

My friends Rott was attacked at Whitfords Dog Beach today :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

my girl is now a woman as of today she is growing up :thumbsup:

Hope the Rotti is okay. My Rotti girl was so placid she had to be protected.

Poor Daisy, glad she is home and on the mend now.

It's alright emery :thumbsup: Are you going to Albany in Feb?

Hope the Rotti is okay. My Rotti girl was so placid she had to be protected.

Poor Daisy, glad she is home and on the mend now.

It's alright emery :) Are you going to Albany in Feb?

Unfortunately no as we are back there for easter and hubby didn't want to do two trips ;) I actually have to get off my butt and enter some shows lol i missed the last two entries guess i must of known something rofl.

i promise whenever you come to perth you can have all the cuddles you can handle :o

Page 2 :rofl:

Well I think it has been a crappy beginning of the year for a lot of us DOLers :o

I had a "great" day yesterday. Went out in the morning and found that one of my foals had injured herself in the lightning storm on Thursday night. So the vet came out for her and she now has a bandaged leg and needs injections or antibiotics for the next couple of days. Then yesterday late afternoon Dad rang to find out when I needed him to come hold the foal for her next injection and asked me to bring the rat bait he had left on my kitchen table when the pest controller had come the day before :rainbowbridge: Needless to say, there was no bait left as my counter-surfing Kelpie Kinta had removed it from the table :) So all three dogs off to the vets and they have started Vitamin K treatment. All seem fine atm although Banjo is really flat again, but then that started prior to him eating bait :p I now have 2 weeks to wait until they have blood tests but likely they will be on the tablets for longer than that - luckily they like the taste of them and eat them as treats.

Then this morning two of my horses were acting strangely and one in particular looked very tucked up - went and checked their water trough and it was bone dry! F#&$ing pest controller had turned their water off (it is a auto waterer) :hug: So they went all yesterday with no water ;) Apparently Dad had asked if he needed water and he said no. Then he went and helped himself later on and even though he would have had to flick switches to get the water to work (it is a dual tap line) he didn't seem to think he needed to same to turn it off and turned it off at the tap instead!

So needless to say if Dad ever organises a pest controller for a day I am not there I will be taking the day off work! In the course of one day they 1) Let my dogs out to roam 2) Gave my dogs access to rat bait which they ate and 3) Cut off water to my horses so they ended up mildly dehydrated!

If anything more goes wrong I will go to bed and pull the covers over my head :eek: