Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Yep good luck to everybody competing at the Classic over the next 4 nights.

I think some of us - should just camp there :) as it might make it easier :(

Yeah if we could camp I would have also watched tomorrow and sunday night but its such a long trek if I am not competing it hardly seems worth it petrol wise...

Yep good luck to everybody competing at the Classic over the next 4 nights.

I think some of us - should just camp there :hug: as it might make it easier ;)

Yeah if we could camp I would have also watched tomorrow and sunday night but its such a long trek if I am not competing it hardly seems worth it petrol wise...

As if, you hate camping :):(

anyone know the name of that horse supply shop in the city? I think its in Murray st?

Horseland is in Newcastle Street but that is the only horse gear shop in town and it isn't in the CBD.

There is a country clothing store (The Stockade) on the corner of Barrack and Wellington but I am fairly sure they only have human supplies.

Good Luck everyone competing over the next few days :D Hope you all have fun :clap:

eta - does this mean there are no 'normal' training classes at K9 on monday?

MOnday is a public holiday so I doubt there will be training (our club is having a holiday!) :clap:

Guest RosieFT
Hi fellow sandgropers. We have finally organised to have a holiday after all the hard work building new house and are looking at hiring a camper trailer and spending 10 days down south west WA in May. :D

Has anyone got some recommendations for pet friendly camping and places to explore? Would love to hear everyones experiences, this will be the first time we have camped with her and are really looking forward to it.

RosieFT & ncarter

Thanks for the input people, not completely settled on camping so I will have a look. Dont know about chooks, she has never met one! She was OK with a duck on the other side of the fence tho! :clap:

As for the cold it will be a nice change :clap: This summer has been so hot and humid up north we are over it.

Have just remembered another place, we stayed sans dog though, Penrose Cottage in Denmark. It was a clean, a bit rustic, nice, but older small cottage on a small farm. The people were friendly, but left you alone. The fencing would be ok for bigger dogs, our little dog would have got through. Pretty sure dogs were allowed inside, but not on furniture. Also keep in mind the very friendly, stick obssessed farm dog hopped over to come and say hi.... http://www.tingle.com.au/penrose/ Was cheap enough for us, and clean - gotta like clean LOL

Nope there is no training on public holidays, CC.

Mason2009 - you don't need to be a breeder to get the discount. BP&G offers 10% off for Dogswest members :clap:

Edit: I swear I answered both those questions an hour ago but my reply got sucked into a black hole or something :D

Edited by RubyStar

50 bucks says Ruby will be placed last in the lineup tonight. Every big trial, she gets whacked on the end! Has the catalogue been released anywhere yet like the agility one has, or do we have to wait til we get there tonight to find out our fate?

50 bucks says Ruby will be placed last in the lineup tonight. Every big trial, she gets whacked on the end! Has the catalogue been released anywhere yet like the agility one has, or do we have to wait til we get there tonight to find out our fate?

I was wondering the same thing about finding out who is in our class and what number we are ... PS hoping crazy dobe is not competing - you know the one...

I was wondering the same thing about finding out who is in our class and what number we are ... PS hoping crazy dobe is not competing - you know the one...

You will get the catalogue when you get your numbers (though last year, they didn't receive the catalogues on time, then when they said to check back later, they had run out again so I paid for mine and didn't get one - should that mean my one this year is free? :o) Sometimes they post the catalogues on WA Click, but it appears they do that more for agility than obedience, but it does happen :laugh:

PS :hug: I'm sure a few feel that way, too!