Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi

I am new to these forums ;)

Am looking to find out more info on Agility, my puppy is only just 4 months so not sure when I should start

Welcome :)

Where are you in WA?

ACWA is at Canning Vale on Tuesday nights and has a puppy class :) If you google search "Agility Club of WA" you will find all the info on their website

Hi Holly, you can start now if your dog has had it's puppy shots! What breed is your puppy? Got any photos? :) ;)

The Agility Club of WA training starts tomorrow night. They have a puppy class.

Puppy class Start Times

7.00 pm -7,30pm under 6months

7.30pm - 8.00pm 6months to 12 months

Be there at about 6.30 to enrol then help set up the equipment.

Here's the website for the details and membership form.

http://www.agilityclubwa.com/

It is held on the bottom oval of the Canine grounds, corner of Warton and Ranford Roads, Southern River.

hey soooooo cast your minds back to school holidays in the early 90s... does anyone remember the PAL superdogs? it seems once upon a time we had flyball... does anyone out there know what happened to the flyball training and machines?

ups... welcome Hollys mummy :)

Edited by SparkyTansy

I was told Perth Dog Training still has flyball equipment, although if they do it would be the old style box. WA had the first flyball team the K9 Flyers, so it's weird we're now the state without it :) .

hey soooooo cast your minds back to school holidays in the early 90s... does anyone remember the PAL superdogs? it seems once upon a time we had flyball... does anyone out there know what happened to the flyball training and machines?

ups... welcome Hollys mummy ;)

When i was a member of the super dogs the flyball machines where part of pedigree & they where the big old clunkers

At one stage flyball training was started & i brought a flyball machine to train my dogs,i have since given it to a friend ,the machine was an old style & hard for the light weight dogs to use(mine where at that stage 6 or 8 kg).

The last i heard one of Melb top teams was going to come over & do a demo & get things rolling & help assist.i was laos under the impression Helena was doing training classes for it .

Im lucky if i want to start i have a personal trainer i can call on :)

oooh i didn't know you did the superdogs showdog - i probably watched you!! I remember school holidays if they were at my local shops i would walk down everyday to watch... the weims were hilarious cos they are just so clumsy...

I think it'd be great to see if they got it started again... i dont think i'd do it, Ari isn't ball crazy enough, but i would love to watch.

oooh i didn't know you did the superdogs showdog - i probably watched you!! I remember school holidays if they were at my local shops i would walk down everyday to watch... the weims were hilarious cos they are just so clumsy...

I think it'd be great to see if they got it started again... i dont think i'd do it, Ari isn't ball crazy enough, but i would love to watch.

I was 14 yrs there youngest member with a mini schnauzer,although it was a very clicky group to get into.

:eek::clap: We (when I say we, I mean a group of people-not me personally!!) started a Fly ball group in Bunbury which while I went was fun. I took our first ridgy along to train, my friend took her BC and poodle I think? What fun - trying to teach a ridgy to run & jump: easy, jump on the box: easy, grab the ball: sort or easy, run back over the jumps with the ball in her mouth: FAIL :cry: ..............It was fun while it lasted!!

Im sure the lady(ies) that started it has Aussies?? And they may even still be around and showing in WA - they were a nice pair!

Rat

Hi

I am new to these forums :clap:

Am looking to find out more info on Agility, my puppy is only just 4 months so not sure when I should start

Welcome :eek:

Where are you in WA?

ACWA is at Canning Vale on Tuesday nights and has a puppy class :cry: If you google search "Agility Club of WA" you will find all the info on their website

Mirawee, I am in Midvale, was hoping to find somewhere close to home to train, currently doing obedience up in Stoneville.

Hi Holly, you can start now if your dog has had it's puppy shots! What breed is your puppy? Got any photos? :clap::cry:

Puppy class Start Times

It is held on the bottom oval of the Canine grounds, corner of Warton and Ranford Roads, Southern River.

Hi Amypie

thanks for the info :eek: unfortunately I have a prior committment tomorrow night, do you know if they would accept anyone joining the following week?

Merlin has had his shots and has just been sterilized. He is a blue merle sheltie

post-33232-1265031862_thumb.jpg post-33232-1265031889_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hollys mummy

Guest RosieFT

Actually put up some jumps and did a bit of work with Rosie this evening. Seems the jumps are no problem.... but weaves.. arghhh have to look into how to best teach that one!

RubyStar - i am far from expert so am sure it will not help you, but my jumps are very basic but allow me to train some things. We put in a 10 plant hedge not long ago and so had a pile of medium sized pots, they have lovely grooves to hold poles when you turn them upside down :eek: . My husband made the kids a rudimentary seesaw some months ago and they seem to have stopped using it and he says he can make it into a dog one.. we will see! LOL But I am not going to get to the olympics with my training, just out to have some fun with my dog and hopefully get some focus from her :-)

Thanks RosieFT (eek I keep forgetting your real name! My bad :() The pot plants won't help me, my Labs are a bit bigger than a foxie hehe :eek:

Hey if your hubby ever feels like getting handy and making a few bob, can he make me a see saw too? :clap:

Will I see you down at agility tomorrow night? Please come and rescue me if you see me and I look lost and confused!!! :) The same goes for Amypie and ozjen, you guys, keep an eye out for me cos I am scared of signing up for new things!! :cry:

Edited by RubyStar

Hi Holly, you can start now if your dog has had it's puppy shots! What breed is your puppy? Got any photos? :clap::(

Puppy class Start Times

Hi Amypie

thanks for the info :eek: unfortunately I have a prior committment tomorrow night, do you know if they would accept anyone joining the following week?

Merlin has had his shots and has just been sterilized. He is a blue merle sheltie

post-33232-1265031862_thumb.jpg post-33232-1265031889_thumb.jpg

Oh how cute is Merlin! Welcome to DOL! :cry:

Mirawee, I am in Midvale, was hoping to find somewhere close to home to train, currently doing obedience up in Stoneville.

Midland Dog Training has beginners agility but your dog would have to be 12 months old because they don't have the puppy class like the ACWA. Midland has obedience Tuesdays and agility/dances with dogs Thursdays. :D

Edited by Tiggy

Somebody I know is selling a vari kennel $50

The measurements of the Vari Kennel are: 70L x 50H x 50D

If anybody is interested PM me and I will give you the email address - the lady selling the kennel will be at the Show N Go on Saturday.