Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Ohhh I just saw there is a dancing with dogs comp/event on Friday night in Midland... may have to drop the work event and head over to that... anyone know how long they go for? Vetting time is 6.30 with judging time 7pm...

This sounds interesting! I think I need to know more :p

It is sooo fun to watch, dogs and their handlers dancing to music! doing spiffy tricks too.. Its at Jack Mann oval on Bishop Road, they have midland, but I think its Middle swan.. its just off Roe/Toodyay Road, or near the corner of great northern Hwy and Roe Hwy

How often do they have these sorts of things CNR? I've just realised I have a Fish & Chip night on at our local dog park tomorrow evening which I am kinda obligated to attend so won't get to this particular event.

I'm keen to know when and where else there is 'dog dancing'!

You have fish and chip night with the locals at your dog park? I wanna live where you do! The people at my local are snobby old gits!!

Have a look on the DogsWest website and download the events file, it should list the events scheduled for the year.

You are welcome to come :o I invited Candice too but don't think she and hubby will make it. Nice bunch of people and dogs at our park - only goes for a couple of hours from 6 to about 8, depending on how warm it is and who wants to hang about with drinks etc.

Had a great time last night and so did Mason, lovely people and really friendly dogs, was worth the drive from the outback lol!

Edited by Masons_mom

Guest belgian.blue

I'm in need for a treat pouch. Had a look at the one you have ValleyWA but it's a little expensive for me and after something smaller.

Anyone know where to get one .. shop or online?

I'm in need for a treat pouch. Had a look at the one you have ValleyWA but it's a little expensive for me and after something smaller.

My favourite is this one :rofl: .

http://www.airdogs.com.au/agility/product....=255&page=1

Although I haven't used it for ages, I'm just buying clothes with deep pockets :laugh: , should make the transition to having the food off me easier.

Hello! New here and found the West Aussie thread so thought I would drop in and say hi.

As you can see in my signature I am the proud owner of Harry our boxer who turned 3 on Australia day and Mika who is Maltese X Shiztu who is just 6 months old, also my feline baby is Lily, who is a blue burmese and she is 6yrs old this year.

I am about to embark in the world of mobile dog grooming, doing a course at the moment and then will set out to get myself set up with a mobile van.

Any other groomers here???

Hi SoozyQ

Your kids look lovely.

I am a retired groomer, and I have to say my back loves me for it! Look after you back - get an adjustable table!

Oh I used a Blackdog Treat pouch and my pockets.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

Hello! New here and found the West Aussie thread so thought I would drop in and say hi.

As you can see in my signature I am the proud owner of Harry our boxer who turned 3 on Australia day and Mika who is Maltese X Shiztu who is just 6 months old, also my feline baby is Lily, who is a blue burmese and she is 6yrs old this year.

I am about to embark in the world of mobile dog grooming, doing a course at the moment and then will set out to get myself set up with a mobile van.

Hi & Welcome SoozyQ............Its a small old world! My name is also Suzie!! And my last ridgeback was Miekah - different spelling I know, but essentially the same :) .......We had a burmese boy too, although he was chocolate and his name was Paddy!

Harry the boxer is beautiful too!

Big dufousy red grinning idiot dog gave itself a tail injury tonight! I walked inside home from work to be greeted by blood smeared from A to B :bolt: . Little spots of blood all over the floor, and of course I ended up with blood whacked across my legs before I could do anything about it!!! Hmmm, a ridgy with a docked tail - how cool would that look??? Of course we'd have to get plastic surgery done on her "pig testicle" girly bits, very uggerly :confused::laugh: and definitely in need of covering or removal :laugh:

Rat

You are welcome to come :confused: I invited Candice too but don't think she and hubby will make it. Nice bunch of people and dogs at our park - only goes for a couple of hours from 6 to about 8, depending on how warm it is and who wants to hang about with drinks etc.

Had a great time last night and so did Mason, lovely people and really friendly dogs, was worth the drive from the outback lol!

Let me know when you guys have the next one, will endeavour to come down! Couldn't last night, I had drinks after work then dinner at my parents.

GR - are you joining Candice and I at Hillarys tomorrow morning?

Edited by RubyStar

Big dufousy red grinning idiot dog gave itself a tail injury tonight! I walked inside home from work to be greeted by blood smeared from A to B :bolt: . Little spots of blood all over the floor, and of course I ended up with blood whacked across my legs before I could do anything about it!!! Hmmm, a ridgy with a docked tail - how cool would that look??? Of course we'd have to get plastic surgery done on her "pig testicle" girly bits, very uggerly :confused::laugh: and definitely in need of covering or removal :laugh:

Rat

A dane with a tail injury is just as fun... the tail is like a whip = and kills when it hits your legs!!!

Takes a bit to heal, lots of wrapping, and rewrapping to try and get it to heal! depending on where she has damaged it of course, cause just the slightest wag and hit on something will open th wound again!

Hi & Welcome SoozyQ............Its a small old world! My name is also Suzie!! And my last ridgeback was Miekah - different spelling I know, but essentially the same :) .......We had a burmese boy too, although he was chocolate and his name was Paddy!

Harry the boxer is beautiful too!

Rat

:) Hope she's ok!!

You are welcome to come :) I invited Candice too but don't think she and hubby will make it. Nice bunch of people and dogs at our park - only goes for a couple of hours from 6 to about 8, depending on how warm it is and who wants to hang about with drinks etc.

Let me know when you guys have the next one, will endeavour to come down! Couldn't last night, I had drinks after work then dinner at my parents.

GR - are you joining Candice and I at Hillarys tomorrow morning?

No beach for us today, sleep-in instead :laugh:

I'll let you know when the next F&C night at the park is - hopefully there'll be another before the end of summer. (We used to have them EVERY Friday night a couple of years ago!)

A dane with a tail injury is just as fun... the tail is like a whip = and kills when it hits your legs!!!

Takes a bit to heal, lots of wrapping, and rewrapping to try and get it to heal! depending on where she has damaged it of course, cause just the slightest wag and hit on something will open th wound again!

:) Hope she's ok!!

Shes fine this morning - although she will insist on wagging her tail for anything!! And of course on the most innapropriate things - door frames, egdes of cupboards, makes me cringe! Im trying not to talk to her, so she doesnt get tooooo excited and start wagging!

C&N, the injury is about an inch from the tip of her tail, most awful spot to try and bandage :laugh: .

I discovered more blood this morning, smeared down the cupboard, more spots on the floor!

I think she may have initially done it on the folded up crate sitting in the dining area! Will have to move that.

Rat

I got some great small ones at Strand bags I think they were about $10 about the size of a numbers armband with a topzip and also a side zip pocket and an adjustable strap for round the waist. Fits fairly flush with the body so not bulky and popular in the conformation showring as looks neat. Doesn't hold large amounts of bait but enough and the side pocket is handy for poop bags.

Another option if you want to hold alot of treats during a training session is a fishermans hard plastic bait or burley holder (not sure which its used for but Know my son had one). Straps around the waist and had a lid so won't pour out if you bend over to the dog. Easy to get hand in without any fumbling for a quick reward.

Shes fine this morning - although she will insist on wagging her tail for anything!! And of course on the most innapropriate things - door frames, egdes of cupboards, makes me cringe! Im trying not to talk to her, so she doesnt get tooooo excited and start wagging!

C&N, the injury is about an inch from the tip of her tail, most awful spot to try and bandage :) .

I discovered more blood this morning, smeared down the cupboard, more spots on the floor!

I think she may have initially done it on the folded up crate sitting in the dining area! Will have to move that.

Rat

I feel your pain, our dane had done it in a similair spot. Hope it heals OK!

Guest RosieFT

Had such a lovely morning on Leighton beach this morning with my family and Rosie. We met another SFT and it was SO lovely to see them running and playing together - magic. Made me want to get another one LOL

My 4yr old son and I were absolutely taken out by a huge dalmation, hee. The dog wasn't looking where he was going and just ran smack bang into us. Wow, makes me appreciate having a small dog LOL. Rosie did it to someone on the beach when she was looking at the ball in my hand, did a double spin straight into someone. You sure feel it when they are big!

There were some HUGE dogs down there, all very well behaved but HUGE! A malamute that Rosie ran up to say hi to, who was ambling up to us and it was like David and goliath! a really, really big Akita. I *think* a wolf hound??? long legs, grey rough coat on top, but smooth on legs, very tall. A gorgeous French bulldog - oh my the ears, hee SO cute.

Had a wonderful morning, even if my kids ended up swimming almost fully clothed *sigh* My mistake for not putting them in bathers to splash around in - thought it was going to be a cool morning. ahh well.

Rosie is currently fast asleep.

Do your dogs play the best with their own breed? or does it not matter? It sure was great to see the similar play tactics in action :-)

Guest belgian.blue
Do your dogs play the best with their own breed? or does it not matter? It sure was great to see the similar play tactics in action :-)

Ivy and I went to Scarbs dog beach this morning. Can't wait till summer is over and the beach isn't as busy!

Ivy found an adorable Airedale and they had a ball playing together. I've found she likes any dog that isn't too crazy and out there. If they bound all over her she hates it. But then again she plays with some smaller dogs and they hate that but she can't help herself and tries to herd them.

Makes me feel bad because the owner doesn't want their dog herded but Ivy shows not one inch of aggression, just wants to herd :laugh: