Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Was out walking and this shepherd went for Mason for the second time now and today Mason's leg is actually cut and bleeding, I dont understand why people let their dogs offlead if they think the dog may be aggressive!!! :laugh: I am now very annoyed and must head off to work for a couple of hours, not a happy camper today.

I hope Mason is ok!!!! Poor boy :rofl: Give him hugs for me!

Kristen, Cara sounds a bit like my Millie :thumbsup: I haven't met her but from the descriptions she is a bit psycho, barky for attention, tendency to be wild, destructive, slight separation issues? :laugh: But on the flip side, Millie can be the calmest girl if she's sitting there getting pats from you, she'll sit and look longingly at you like she is the calmest dog in the world. Don't be fooled! :laugh:

Can't wait to meet Cara!!

Was out walking and this shepherd went for Mason for the second time now and today Mason's leg is actually cut and bleeding, I dont understand why people let their dogs offlead if they think the dog may be aggressive!!! :laugh: I am now very annoyed and must head off to work for a couple of hours, not a happy camper today.

I hope Mason is ok!!!! Poor boy :rofl: Give him hugs for me!

Kristen, Cara sounds a bit like my Millie :thumbsup: I haven't met her but from the descriptions she is a bit psycho, barky for attention, tendency to be wild, destructive, slight separation issues? :laugh: But on the flip side, Millie can be the calmest girl if she's sitting there getting pats from you, she'll sit and look longingly at you like she is the calmest dog in the world. Don't be fooled! :laugh:

Can't wait to meet Cara!!

Mason is just fine, he was doing zooms earlier. You will meet Cara on Sunday if Kristen is still coming?

I'm not sure how much help I can be, I'm still trying to overcome Millie's problems. Millie spent the first 2 years of her life ignored. Left in someone's backyard, possibly chained and she was muzzled :laugh: Went into rescue with muzzle marks on her face :thumbsup: I'd really love to meet her previous owners and get some answers from them :laugh:

I'm not sure how much help I can be, I'm still trying to overcome Millie's problems. Millie spent the first 2 years of her life ignored. Left in someone's backyard, possibly chained and she was muzzled :rofl: Went into rescue with muzzle marks on her face :laugh: I'd really love to meet her previous owners and get some answers from them :laugh:

I dont know how people live with themselves after they have treated a dog like that, I had the naughtiest bitch in the world and I was never cruel to her even though she frustrated me to no end :laugh:

RS and Kristen I cant offer any advise on rescue dogs but with my rescue horse i know it took him 4 years to settle down and trust me 100%. They take a long long time to bond with people if they have been moved around a lot. Take a look at Mason and Ruby how different they are to rescue dogs, they have only had one home and one owner, they dont seem to have a care in the world :thumbsup:

Edited by Masons_mom

Mason is just fine, he was doing zooms earlier. You will meet Cara on Sunday if Kristen is still coming?

That is good to hear! Mason is such a happy boy, he bounces right back :laugh:

Yip he is :thumbsup: he did spend a lot of the day sulking but tonight he has livened up and stolen all the things I packed in his training bag, his toys and bowl for my session in the morning and he is dancing around the house with them doing his furious tail and but wiggle :laugh:

We got Toby at (supposedly) 8 weeks but he is absolutely terrified of bikes and fly swats. He was underweight and crawling with fleas and in a dirty basket. Makes me think maybe he wasn't brought up in a good enviroment either. :thumbsup:

Valley is sounds like they didnt care for him at all??

Mason is the first animal I have gone out and paid money for, my 2 cats I found, husbands cat was one of his cats kittens, horse i got from a rescue group and my 2 older dogs with my mum I got off a farm.

Edited to say, not a puppy farm but a dairy farm lol.

Edited by Masons_mom

No I think he was raised very poorly! Toby was an impulse after losing my boy Jack in a car accident. I saw a flyer for BCxLab puppies and I went 'just to have a look' needless to say he is not a BCxLab BUT no way was I leaving that sickly looking pup there.

No I think he was raised very poorly! Toby was an impulse after losing my boy Jack in a car accident. I saw a flyer for BCxLab puppies and I went 'just to have a look' needless to say he is not a BCxLab BUT no way was I leaving that sickly looking pup there.

So glad that he found a forever home :thumbsup:

Thanks Tiggy...I know where you mean, somehow I always assumed it was cooked food. I'll check them out after Easter.

Is it raw Tiggy? Whereabouts are they?

I can't remember the name of the street but you know if you're coming from those new shops JB HI FI, BCF etc and turn left at the lights where Harvey Norman is on the corner, go over the railway then turn right, it's on your left not far after you turn in, it's the back way to getting to Bunnings, hope you understand my directions :thumbsup: . The guy that runs it is pretty full on but very nice, he breeds Cattle dogs.

Guest RosieFT

MM- pleased to hear M is ok. what a scare!!

Amypie - thanks for the stuff on the thumbdrive... but i think i will just give up now. You look just as calm and serene as they do!! Can you run my dog? hee hee i feel like a frazzled nutter! must be nice when the dogs can read you so well that you just casually move arms and shoulders and calmly walk around.. hee hee

Thanks Tiggy...I know where you mean, somehow I always assumed it was cooked food. I'll check them out after Easter.
Is it raw Tiggy? Whereabouts are they?

I can't remember the name of the street but you know if you're coming from those new shops JB HI FI, BCF etc and turn left at the lights where Harvey Norman is on the corner, go over the railway then turn right, it's on your left not far after you turn in, it's the back way to getting to Bunnings, hope you understand my directions :thumbsup: . The guy that runs it is pretty full on but very nice, he breeds Cattle dogs.

Let me know what you find out - as I will need to restock the freezer after I move :rofl:

MM- pleased to hear M is ok. what a scare!!

Amypie - thanks for the stuff on the thumbdrive... but i think i will just give up now. You look just as calm and serene as they do!! Can you run my dog? hee hee i feel like a frazzled nutter! must be nice when the dogs can read you so well that you just casually move arms and shoulders and calmly walk around.. hee hee

I'm guessing you got to watch Amy's first novice jumping round? It was great, wasn't it! :D

:thumbsup: I asked Amy to take Ruby for a sec last night and do that sequence she had set up and you should have seen the fear in her eyes :rofl: She got to experience what it must be like feeding the sharks - but I think she came out with all fingers after treating Ruby :o And I can't believe your reaction after giving your your Lab-christened i-squeak back. Slobber on a ball us just second nature to me now, I forget that not everyone is used to that :)

Don't you dare give up!

Seriously I am the most unco person in the world, truly unco! If I can manage you can too! Just takes a bit of practice! I'll pass on what knowledge I have and help you and Rosie :rofl: Need to get you two up to scratch so we can do strategic pairs! :thumbsup:

Guest RosieFT

hee well RS, i didn't know labs were drooly dogs... imagine me with a dogue or something LOL.. :-) oh and yes, seeing amy's round, it was very good. But it was watching her put Kyzer over the serpentine just strolling along, putting an arm up and down .. then seeing the dude on agility nerd looking the same.. :-) .. not as in appearance LOL.. but technique.. so calm... so controlled.. still, would love to see the calm, controlled ones amongst us sprinting to get a front cross with zippy rosie and not looking a *touch* frazzled... probably not tripping over ones feet, dog, or jump pole like me.. but still...

Amy - well you ahve more confidence that I do! LOL.. ahh well.. better actually start aquiring dvds and books if i am going to attempt to do this. originally it was just something to occupy my lost horse time, and something i thought would benefit Rosie in terms of 'focus' and also seemed fun. yikes.. the real deal seems a bit more difficult LOL

oh and by strategy, did you mean for the dogs to strategise just WHO will get the isqueak? LOL

Don't you dare give up!

Seriously I am the most unco person in the world, truly unco! If I can manage you can too! Just takes a bit of practice! I'll pass on what knowledge I have and help you and Rosie :) Need to get you two up to scratch so we can do strategic pairs! :thumbsup:

I need help too :D

RosieFT, what you need is a backup dog. If dog 1 fails, bring out dog 2 :o:rofl: