Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I know I have posted in the general thread but I just wanted to know if any of you have pet insurance and who is it with?

I wanted to get it for my boy I have spoken to a few vets and they recommended it, I just wanted to see what you all thought about it and even better as you are in WA.

Vader's mum, I couldnt recommend getting pet insurance more highly. Luckily, we got it in July and are so glad we did.

As most people in this thread would be aware (sorry to those that werent, it is a really sad story). 3 weeks ago our beautiful Leila (GSP aged 21 months) was diagnosed with cytosistic sarcoma (an uncommon cancer of the lymph nodes, liver and spleed). It progressed incredibly quickly, the onlology vet at Murdoch believed she only had the disease (with no symptoms visible) for 2 to 3 weeks before diagnosis. We spent nearly $7000 trying to give her a fighting chance but unfortunately we decided that the disease had progressed quicker than the treatment could help her and the long term prognosis was not good (limited chance of remission and only short published remission times) so we chose to pts so she didnt have to suffer.

We were insured with PIA and at this stage I cant comment on their service as the claims have been sent in but have not yet been paid. We had accident and illness with a $100 excess. It made any decision only based on what was best for her and giving her the best fighting chance and making sure she wasnt suffering which eased the burden a lot. The vets at Murdoch also said they deal with insurance companies regularly and are more than happy to argue if it is needed.

You might think it will never happen - and we didnt think it would, and have never had insurance before, but we would never be without it now.

I know I have posted in the general thread but I just wanted to know if any of you have pet insurance and who is it with?

I wanted to get it for my boy I have spoken to a few vets and they recommended it, I just wanted to see what you all thought about it and even better as you are in WA.

Vader's mum, I couldnt recommend getting pet insurance more highly. Luckily, we got it in July and are so glad we did.

As most people in this thread would be aware (sorry to those that werent, it is a really sad story). 3 weeks ago our beautiful Leila (GSP aged 21 months) was diagnosed with cytosistic sarcoma (an uncommon cancer of the lymph nodes, liver and spleed). It progressed incredibly quickly, the onlology vet at Murdoch believed she only had the disease (with no symptoms visible) for 2 to 3 weeks before diagnosis. We spent nearly $7000 trying to give her a fighting chance but unfortunately we decided that the disease had progressed quicker than the treatment could help her and the long term prognosis was not good (limited chance of remission and only short published remission times) so we chose to pts so she didnt have to suffer.

We were insured with PIA and at this stage I cant comment on their service as the claims have been sent in but have not yet been paid. We had accident and illness with a $100 excess. It made any decision only based on what was best for her and giving her the best fighting chance and making sure she wasnt suffering which eased the burden a lot. The vets at Murdoch also said they deal with insurance companies regularly and are more than happy to argue if it is needed.

You might think it will never happen - and we didnt think it would, and have never had insurance before, but we would never be without it now.

:D Again I am so sorry about your special girl Leila.

And I 110% agre with you about insurance, I got it for Lincoln before I had even brought him home and it saved me $4,500 in vet bills after emergency surgery! I am with medibank private.

so sorry to hear careyj

if nayone is feeling nice and has a canine news handy i have written down all info froma firends for the upcoming shows excet i forgot to write the details down for the last shows in the book the christmas ones think there is two on one day if someone knows the one i mean can they provide info for both shows so i can enter? thankyou much appreciated

Oh Im so sorry to hear this :D I know how hard that decision is as our last family dog a good 10 or more years ago had cancer and we decided to have her PTS it's such a heart breaking thing to go through! Thanks for all your replies, Wazzat I have sent you an email.

so sorry to hear careyj

if nayone is feeling nice and has a canine news handy i have written down all info froma firends for the upcoming shows excet i forgot to write the details down for the last shows in the book the christmas ones think there is two on one day if someone knows the one i mean can they provide info for both shows so i can enter? thankyou much appreciated

Emery

Building and Ameneties show Champ ( Toy dog club)

Sat 11th Dec all groups

there is a show Sunday Dec 12th West Aus KC xmas benefit show (6pm)

entries close 15th Nov

and an open show on the same day ( 2pm)

what else do you need to know ?

j

a SBT Puppy :clap: How could it not be naughty!

Too busy being cute to be naughty :laugh:

The only thing I have to do is cover up my front fence cause the gaps are big enough for her to get out, this is the third puppy I've had to cover it for now, why oh why couldn't the gaps be closer together :rofl: .

I'll probably jinx myself now and she'll be a little destucto puppy :p .