Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi, i am new to the website so please correct me if i've posted this in the wrong thread!

Does anybody know if Marshalls Boarding Kennel are a good place to keep your dogs? They are located on 18 Hybrid Ct Banjup. I have read many things about other kennels but none of this one...

Also, am curious to know if anybody read about the poor little white Maltese? puppy that was taken to a kennel for a clip/bath an was left in a cage infront of an industrial heater which almost killed it. They never publicly named the kennel but I am interested as to who it could be an it makes me very upset to know people can do these sorts of things :o

Hiya, I don't know the answers to your questions but just wanted to say welcome :shrug:

Umm, whats an LM :laugh: ..............

Good luck with your studies!! Thats another to add to my list - study something!! I want to do something completely different!

One of your other goals reminded me of one I need to work on - working with Zola and her anxiety and fear issues!!! Lots of homework there! I would love to take her to the odd neuter show!

An LM is a Large Munsterlander :D

I hate studying chemistry and live human bio based subjects but only 2 years (and a little bit) and I will be graduated and can do my masters in something non chemistry related :shrug:

Does anybody know if Marshalls Boarding Kennel are a good place to keep your dogs? They are located on 18 Hybrid Ct Banjup. I have read many things about other kennels but none of this one...

Never heard of them sorry. I havent used a boarding kennel for 10 years though.

My goals are:

Also lose 5kg (I have this goal every year but dammit, THIS is the year!! :cheer:)

Try ever so hard to resist a new puppy addition (but can't guarantee this one)

Have a successful trialling year in obedience and agility and have fun with it :D

:o Go on I know you are getting Classy! ;)

My goals are:

Also lose 5kg (I have this goal every year but dammit, THIS is the year!! :))

Have a successful trialling year in obedience and agility and have fun with it ;)

:laugh: Go on I know you are getting Classy! :love:

:love: Nope. She is going to a great performance home in SA. The woman already has a red merle Aussie and does flyball with her dogs, and she is now a FB friend so I can keep up to date with how little Classy matures :) Oh and her name is now Scarlett ;) Which is one of the many maybes I had on my own puppy name list :)

My goals are:

Have a successful trialling year in obedience and agility and have fun with it :love:

:laugh: Go on I know you are getting Classy! ;)

:p Nope. She is going to a great performance home in SA. The woman already has a red merle Aussie and does flyball with her dogs, and she is now a FB friend so I can keep up to date with how little Classy matures :love: Oh and her name is now Scarlett :) Which is one of the many maybes I had on my own puppy name list :)

Thats a shame :love: I just did a video of me and Toby doing some obedience work and I feel like ;) a little! :) I just realised that I have been only rewarding him on the left for fronts so he is coming in on my left. I also realised doing obedience in the bushy paddock in thongs is probably a stupid idea ... and there are ants up there so Toby wouldn't down and was all sneezy. ;)

ETA- but I realised that the old gate posts make perfect figure of 8 posts!!!

Edited by RallyValley

My goals are:

Have a successful trialling year in obedience and agility and have fun with it :love:

:laugh: Go on I know you are getting Classy! ;)

:p Nope. She is going to a great performance home in SA. The woman already has a red merle Aussie and does flyball with her dogs, and she is now a FB friend so I can keep up to date with how little Classy matures :love: Oh and her name is now Scarlett :) Which is one of the many maybes I had on my own puppy name list :)

Thats a shame :love: I just did a video of me and Toby doing some obedience work and I feel like ;) a little! :) I just realised that I have been only rewarding him on the left for fronts so he is coming in on my left. I also realised doing obedience in the bushy paddock in thongs is probably a stupid idea ... and there are ants up there so Toby wouldn't down and was all sneezy. ;)

ETA- but I realised that the old gate posts make perfect figure of 8 posts!!!

DOnt despair valley, all those little mistakes are part and parcel of teaching obedience, I teach things and then go back and have to reteach them sometimes when I realize my mistakes, I think its normal for training your first dog.

I don't know why 2010 has been such an awful year for me. Must have done something terrible in a past life I think.

On top of everthing that has happened in the last six months, last week I had my horse PTS after he was bitten by a snake. Juana was a very healthy 32 year old Appy, and I don't know how, when or whereabouts on his body he was bitten but it paralysed his hind quarters. The poor lad wanted to stand up but his legs just wouldn't work. My neighbour and I worked on him for over two hours in trying to stimulate his muscles but eventually I could see he wasn't any better and called the Vet in to put him down.

I had Juana for over 31 years, getting him as a ten month old colt and showed him in hand and under saddle. His progeny were beautiful appys too. He was a character, and, about the most comfortable ride I have ever had. True rocking horse!

Juana's best friend, Jimmy (a TB/QH cross) is 33 yrs old and would have been lost without his mate, so he was moved to my neighbours paddocks to be near her horses. He has settled in well and is in a paddock with ewes and lambs. I am debating on buying a pony for company for Jim, and moving both of them back to their 50 acre paddock. Will think about that in the new year.

I sure hope 2011 is good to me, I sure as hell need it.

So sorry for your loss Fetchindawgs, must be especially hard after such a long time with such a special boy.

I hope 2011 is the start of good things for so many people, the last 18 months have been to full of heartbreak with the loss of good friends and family members and so many friends feeling the effects of loss.

Okay I know I am a little early but who is going to go to Albany in Feb???

I am trying to figure out the best day to go. I am wanting to leave early Sat morning. The show starts at 9am group 2 then 4. Does anyone know what sort of numbers group two usually gets??? I am thinking if I have a 5 hour trip and leave at somewhere like 4 or 5am I should get there on time?? Then I only have to stay one night :laugh:) don't like the idea of being away from home for too long!

Also I will have 2 dogs to trial. I was going to put them both in CCD and then if one doesn't make it, no worries, if they both do, set up with someone before hand to take one into the stays for me. I am not sure this would work though as neither have ever been handled by anyone but me, Rommi may be alright. If I put one into CD I can't go back to CCD - too many decisions!! I am also trying to figure out if I will camp one night or look for accomodation. Too many things to think of!

Anyway that is my vent for this evening !!! :)

My Spartan will be 9 in September, James 5 and ari 4!!! Crazy times!

My Dougal will be 9 in Sept as well! He was born on the 4th, when was Spartan born ST?

My Paddy is now 19 weeks (not quite 5 months) and is so clever.

We just got back from a meet at our local dog park. I was late getting there but as soon as we arrived, someone lamented that a ball was way out in the middle of the oval and none of the dogs would retrieve it. I just told Paddy to 'find it' and he instantly went after it and brought the ball back. He is so clever, I really need to do more work with him. I'm quite looking forward to our local canine club recommencing in January!

Edited by Golden Rules

Umm, whats an LM :) ..............

Good luck with your studies!! Thats another to add to my list - study something!! I want to do something completely different!

One of your other goals reminded me of one I need to work on - working with Zola and her anxiety and fear issues!!! Lots of homework there! I would love to take her to the odd neuter show!

An LM is a Large Munsterlander :)

I hate studying chemistry and live human bio based subjects but only 2 years (and a little bit) and I will be graduated and can do my masters in something non chemistry related :laugh:

Ooh, I havent met a Large Munsterlander!! Would love to though, they are gorgeous!

What are your studies working towards?? A degree of some sort Im assuming?? :)

Umm, whats an LM :) ..............

An LM is a Large Munsterlander :)

I hate studying chemistry and live human bio based subjects but only 2 years (and a little bit) and I will be graduated and can do my masters in something non chemistry related :laugh:

Ooh, I havent met a Large Munsterlander!! Would love to though, they are gorgeous!

What are your studies working towards?? A degree of some sort Im assuming?? :)

I am just under halfway through a Molecular Genetic degree. Its a bit of a pointless degree really, but it opens up quite a few postgrad specilaty degrees ;)

Okay I know I am a little early but who is going to go to Albany in Feb???

I am trying to figure out the best day to go. I am wanting to leave early Sat morning. The show starts at 9am group 2 then 4. Does anyone know what sort of numbers group two usually gets??? I am thinking if I have a 5 hour trip and leave at somewhere like 4 or 5am I should get there on time?? Then I only have to stay one night :laugh: ) don't like the idea of being away from home for too long!

Also I will have 2 dogs to trial. I was going to put them both in CCD and then if one doesn't make it, no worries, if they both do, set up with someone before hand to take one into the stays for me. I am not sure this would work though as neither have ever been handled by anyone but me, Rommi may be alright. If I put one into CD I can't go back to CCD - too many decisions!! I am also trying to figure out if I will camp one night or look for accomodation. Too many things to think of!

Anyway that is my vent for this evening !!! :)

Usually group 2 is very small numbers... around 10-20 dogs max... A few amstaff, staffies and maybe a jack, scotty and westie...