Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Well obedience went quite well... Although we somehow ended up in a youngens class... Hemi and my sisters dog are 14months and the closest other pup was 12m, and then it went downhill from there... the average age was about 5-6m... Hemi was a good boy, altho he seemed to bore quite quickly (he knows how to sit and drop, where most in the class are really starting from scratch)

We are in a puppy class (well, beginners class, there are four classes because there are so many beginners!) Anyway, at least a third of the dogs in all of the beginner classes are older dogs, not puppies (although obedience training is a great place to go to get puppy cuddles I tell ya! :thumbsup: ) and will all get moved up quickly. We were told last night that we will be moved up to the next class next week :eek: will need to get practising!

My Paddle Pop does not like doing anything unless he can see a treat in my hand. He is stubborn little bugger when he wants to be so we really need to stick at this obedience thing :thumbsup:

Regarding the fires in Perth - would it be ok to put up a link for MDBA Pacers on facebook does anyone think???

Ive been trying to think how I could help, and being 3 hours south of Perth feel totally useless.....Have been thinking about all those poor animals all day, and their distressed owners!!! :thumbsup:

Anyone collecting for them?? Money or stuff??

Think I may visit BP&G in Bunbury tomorrow and see if they are collecting donations :D

My heart goes out to all those affected and their families :thumbsup::eek:

Our rescue group is taking out a ute load of cat and dog biscuit to the Armadale evacuation centre which has apparently allowed people to take pets in with them ....... lucky we just got in a big donation of food :)

Regarding the fires in Perth - would it be ok to put up a link for MDBA Pacers on facebook does anyone think???

Ive been trying to think how I could help, and being 3 hours south of Perth feel totally useless.....Have been thinking about all those poor animals all day, and their distressed owners!!! :D

Anyone collecting for them?? Money or stuff??

Think I may visit BP&G in Bunbury tomorrow and see if they are collecting donations ;)

My heart goes out to all those affected and their families :laugh: :laugh:

Our rescue group is taking out a ute load of cat and dog biscuit to the Armadale evacuation centre which has apparently allowed people to take pets in with them ....... lucky we just got in a big donation of food ;)

Well done LL!! :thumbsup: good on your Rescue group!

Just got an email back from Julie (MDBA) saying "Yes please", so will get it onto FB asap :D

Got my K9 news the other day, and was wondering if anyone is going, or has been to, the BARF seminar on the Saturday of the Western Classic??? Im thinking of going along, but dont want to waste my time if its not worth it :)

I bought myself a present today, the most beautiful coffee-table book called Dogs Gods by Tim Flach.....Have only had a quick browse so far, but oh my, what delicious piccies of dogs :thumbsup: When I opened it up, on the inside cover from one end to the other is a photo of a ridge - covering two whole pages....Its just gorgeous :sleep::)

oh, edited to add, NO COMMENT on the yummy treats :thumbsup:

Edited by Lab_Rat

Sorry I didnt come down and see you afterward ST, I also had a (show) training session with a naughty std poodle after the class finished...

were you at show training ?? i didn't see you though saw lots of poodles lol

Guest RosieFT
Got my K9 news the other day, and was wondering if anyone is going, or has been to, the BARF seminar on the Saturday of the Western Classic??? Im thinking of going along, but dont want to waste my time if its not worth it :)

I bought myself a present today, the most beautiful coffee-table book called Dogs by Tim Flach.....Have only had a quick browse so far, but oh my, what delicious piccies of dogs :thumbsup: When I opened it up, on the inside cover from one end to the other is a photo of a ridge - covering two whole pages....Its just gorgeous :sleep::)

oh, edited to add, NO COMMENT on the yummy treats :thumbsup:

I got this book for christmas from my parents - it has some beautiful photos in it! :-) No fox terriers though :-( ... but still fantastic

That's ok RnH!! you did miss out on yummy treats from Ptolomy though

And YOU missed out on the yummy Mars and Snickers cookies I bought by not coming over the join the partay! :sleep:

We joined after you had left :(

:thumbsup: I can take a hint :)

I assumed she missed out because she didn't mention my cookies! But I guess they weren't mind anymore when I left :thumbsup: Had to go up to the office to hand my obedience entry in, it was the closing date so nothing like leaving it to the last minute :)

And YOU missed out on the yummy Mars and Snickers cookies I bought by not coming over the join the partay! :rofl:

We joined after you had left :rofl:

:love: I can take a hint :rofl:

I assumed she missed out because she didn't mention my cookies! But I guess they weren't mind anymore when I left :provoke: Had to go up to the office to hand my obedience entry in, it was the closing date so nothing like leaving it to the last minute :eek:

:laugh: I am so the opposite, when I was showing I would do all my entries like the day K9 arrived! ;)

RV and CC how was the rest of the time at the zoo? I was so bummed that I had to leave early due to my interview, I was so enjoying myself! As I got home though my migraine came back with a vengence, lucky I was near home or I would not have been able to drive, dont know how successful I will be having had to do the interview with a migraine!

And YOU missed out on the yummy Mars and Snickers cookies I bought by not coming over the join the partay! :provoke:

Oh YUM!!! But then it was a smart move.. trying to eat healthier, and at the moment everyone keeps putting temptations in front of me! :laugh:

Sorry I didnt come down and see you afterward ST, I also had a (show) training session with a naughty std poodle after the class finished...

were you at show training ?? i didn't see you though saw lots of poodles lol

Nope... I was talking bout Mon night after obedience training. I did my own show training with it :provoke:

RV and CC how was the rest of the time at the zoo? I was so bummed that I had to leave early due to my interview, I was so enjoying myself! As I got home though my migraine came back with a vengence, lucky I was near home or I would not have been able to drive, dont know how successful I will be having had to do the interview with a migraine!

It was good. But it was really just Australian animals and cute penguins :provoke: I hope you did well at the interview! Having migranes are the worst :laugh:

Edited by RallyValley