Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Rubystar it must be a PITA getting the crate out for Millie all the time too - so much easier leaving her sitting in the back, although not sure how you will go about covering her up.

You will have to come down to a show and walk around the car park looking at the cars - it might give you some ideas.

Chiko there are a couple of tollers that live in that area. Both are from the Eastern States, one is a full brother to my Cider (different litter), the other is from Victoria.

Strauss now has 91 show points :thumbsup:

It is a PITA to get the crate in and out, and it smells so doggy so my whole car just stinks of dog!!! :( I was just whinging to Mum about it. I could probably get someone to make me the doors to go on the back, but having a divider probably wouldn't work because then they'd have hardly any room. But if I don't divide it, then Millie will STILL try to be the first to squeeze out the door when I open it, even if I was to have a door on each side. It's just her style to push past Ruby and Ruby is too much of a pushover to stop it (but I'm glad about that, it could cause fights if Ruby stood up to Millie). So it does come down to me needing the divider to make it useful. I need to be able to determine which dog I want out at a time! I could always cover Millie's crate door over with a towel.

Way to go, Strauss! Wish I could title a Lab that quickly! Not many more for you to go now, Strauss!! :D

:thumbsup: way to go Strauss - soon he can hang up his show shoes as well. Then you'll have to find something else to amuse him :rofl:.

Nah - she's addicted - and he's got to go on and get his GRand LOL.

:thumbsup: way to go Strauss - soon he can hang up his show shoes as well. Then you'll have to find something else to amuse him :rofl:.

Nah - she's addicted - and he's got to go on and get his GRand LOL.

:eek: Not sure I could afford it :rofl:

RS i have looked into a few cars and i am holding off buying as i cannot find anything suitable. Love the ix 35 but with a dog and trial gear the back is too small - even smaller than the tuscon i think coz of the shape.,

Im also thinking stationwagon but im scared to drive such a long car lol

I love my VE Sportswagon.. well I did, till some fool hit me last night on the way home :(

Go strauss well done.

still trying to hit the big one bith both girls it must be close :D kelari got ran off in the challenge line up today though she did run all the girls lol :D

chance beat his competition in his age class today, automatic minor of breed no bitch and tap danced through challenge and class of group but was a good day.

Poor chandra got third out of three still needs more toning up lol :D

Lots of kelpie there I think!!! Gotta love them :D

Welcome to DOL Tishas Mum :thumbsup: If you have Kelpie crosses and they are a bit untrained, the great news is they are very trainable!!! We have a ridgy and a kelpie....And the kelpie is by far easier to teach things to than the ridgy. Mind you they seem to think they know better in some situations, which can be frustrating - but they are such loyal little souls and love their humans, so that more than makes up for it :D I would never be without a Kelpie.

There is an unwritten DOL rule - you MUST post pics or your pooches :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi and thanks. Yes, Tishy is a kelpie cross (supposedly with a border collie, but I will let you guys decide where that might be!). She is not 18months yet, but she wants to be such a good girl, she just finds the self control too hard at times. lol It is okay, I like her personality (heck, I am besotted with her) and I know she does the things that are important in our house. The other dog I have is a ten year old male. Not really sure what breed he is, but I would say a lab/staffy cross. Would be interested in everyone's thoughts on that. Okay, I think I have worked out the whole picture thing. lol First one will be Tishy, then the other one

031.jpg

Yikes :eek: RottiesNRags - are you OK? The car is replaceable you aren't!

Yup all good here..

Just annoying... Brand new car, its been doomed since the day I got it.. 18,000km and I am just about ready to get something else!

Maybe I will go back to a V8 and get a trailer for the dogs! *hmmmmm*

Lots of kelpie there I think!!! Gotta love them :D

Welcome to DOL Tishas Mum :thumbsup: If you have Kelpie crosses and they are a bit untrained, the great news is they are very trainable!!! We have a ridgy and a kelpie....And the kelpie is by far easier to teach things to than the ridgy. Mind you they seem to think they know better in some situations, which can be frustrating - but they are such loyal little souls and love their humans, so that more than makes up for it :D I would never be without a Kelpie.

There is an unwritten DOL rule - you MUST post pics or your pooches :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi and thanks. Yes, Tishy is a kelpie cross (supposedly with a border collie, but I will let you guys decide where that might be!). She is not 18months yet, but she wants to be such a good girl, she just finds the self control too hard at times. lol It is okay, I like her personality (heck, I am besotted with her) and I know she does the things that are important in our house. The other dog I have is a ten year old male. Not really sure what breed he is, but I would say a lab/staffy cross. Would be interested in everyone's thoughts on that. Okay, I think I have worked out the whole picture thing. lol First one will be Tishy, then the other one

Yep Id have to agree with you Bedazzled2!!! Lotso Kelpie in there!!

Even your other dog TM looks like he/she may have some kelpie by the look of his/her head :)

Silly Wandy upset her toe again this arve :mad and it was going so well.......Thats it!!! On lead for the next fortnight - no ifs or buts! And back on the rymadil.....

Sorry to hear about Toby RV, hope his tooths and spider bite are ok :o I forget about Wandys missing canine, until she yawns :)

Lab Rat, so I can learn, what do you mean about the other dog's head? lol All I can see is this bloody great lump. tee hee,. But I would like to learn a bit more about breeds etc.

:rofl: :rofl: What I meant was the shape of the dogs head - the pricked ears and pointy, kelpie shaped muzzle. If you look at both your dogs heads, you will probably see some similarities in shape. Ears, muzzles, muscle structure (although if he has staffy in him, hell prob'ly be quite muscular in his jaws), eyes shape and set!

If you google kelpie pics, you can see what their general body & head shape is. Although having said that, there are quite a few different shapes and sizes when it comes to Kelpies :laugh:

Thanks Lab Rat. Yes, he is very muscular in the jaws, I can definately see the staffy (I love staffy's!) but now i can see the ears etc. When younger he was very active, now his idea of an active day is moving from one bed to another. lol

Yikes :eek: RottiesNRags - are you OK? The car is replaceable you aren't!

Yup all good here..

Just annoying... Brand new car, its been doomed since the day I got it.. 18,000km and I am just about ready to get something else!

Maybe I will go back to a V8 and get a trailer for the dogs! *hmmmmm*

Good idea RnR the v8's rock :D

well good day out with company today at the show no idea what they dogs have eaten possibly mexican jumping beans, worms and ants they all forgot what stacking was today :laugh: oh well they are dogs and will never be perfect ;D