Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Awww poor Millie RS!

Funnily enough - i prefer liver/chocolate in most gundog breeds that come with that option. give me a liver GSP/Springer/cocker/pointer and yes, even a liver English Setter :eek: I love love love the colour... but a yellow lab puppy :love: In saying that, I do love the orange (lemon) colour of Brittany's, but i do love the liver!!

I think I love the yellows best because you can so clearly see every facial expression, it's harder with the chocs and blacks to see the cute facial expressions they pull! And they photograph so much easier! I longed for a yellow Lab long before I got one, so I think they'll forever be my favourite :)

I love the orange/white Brittany's and orange belton English Setters over the darker ones. I guess I just like a light coloured dog! If I ever get an Aussie, I want a merle colour over a tri because they are lighter laugh.gif And when I was interested in getting a Beagle, I wanted a lemon or orange and white over a tri colour.

And to just totally contradict myself, in mini schnauzers, the black are my favourite, not keen on the other "lighter" colours.

Edited by RubyStar

Zora a couple of weeks ago (before she started shedding teeth :laugh: She has lost 5 this week I swear!) fetching a Dokken - I think she would even try your massive duck RS!

Awwww look at her work :thumbsup: Have you done anything with the bird wings :vomit::rofl:

And they photograph so much easier!

I wonder how much the photogenic aspect of a dog will affect my next dog decision :laugh:

He's a handsome boy RV :love:

Zora a couple of weeks ago (before she started shedding teeth :laugh: She has lost 5 this week I swear!) fetching a Dokken - I think she would even try your massive duck RS!

Awwww look at her work :thumbsup: Have you done anything with the bird wings :vomit::rofl:

And they photograph so much easier!

I wonder how much the photogenic aspect of a dog will affect my next dog decision :laugh:

He's a handsome boy RV :love:

My dad helped me out with the wing (I went out while he was chopping wood) I have been doing a tiny bit of work with it but since she is loosing teeth like nothing else, so when she looses the next couple thats the front done and we can start playing fetch again! :thumbsup:

Also Brittany's are very photogenic ;)

while i love the liver in English setters, i do love all the colours, and my preference is more about markings than colour... i much prefer the smaller belton markings over the heavy or patched markings, and I find that the softer and smaller the flecking is, the softer their face appears.

anyway! what's on for the weekend people? I have a dog show - showing the OES. :thumbsup:

My dad helped me out with the wing (I went out while he was chopping wood) I have been doing a tiny bit of work with it but since she is loosing teeth like nothing else, so when she looses the next couple thats the front done and we can start playing fetch again! :thumbsup:

RV, you coming to training on Monday? I have your DVD for you :)

anyway! what's on for the weekend people? I have a dog show - showing the OES. :thumbsup:

Agility and Games trial on Saturday, agility seminar Sunday morning! Though I have to leave the seminar early because I forgot I had booked myself in for something at my sister's ages ago so have to honour that. Don't want to completely lose my 50 bucks I paid for the seminar so I plan to go for at least some of it :o

It's turning into one big puppy party :rofl: Shall we order in some catering? laugh.gif

That was at Piney Lakes wasn't it RS? it was good fun but way too much food!! I'd say if we bring a (singular) plate each it should be plenty.

Roll call for the Puppy party/DOL meet at RV's

SparkyTansy

RallyValley (obv) RubyStar

Mason_Gibbs

RoxyNHemi

CrazyCresties

RosieFT

Boxagirl

Sorry if i have forgotten anyone - add your name to the list!!

A puppy party sounds fun. what area is RV in lol? My puppy would love a play date but he would dwarf all the tiny pups being ten months old now lol.

ST your pups look so gorgeous and hmmm who has the whippet pup if he goes missing don't check my backyard lol adorable :D

Boxa i hope booka does well i will try get there but i want to get to the show tomorrow to watch a friends dog do i have enough fuel and can i find a baby sitter lol

Boxa i hope booka does well i will try get there but i want to get to the show tomorrow to watch a friends dog do i have enough fuel and can i find a baby sitter lol

I'm showing the 2 sibes in the UDC show tomorrow and bringing Booker along for an outing to get him used to showgrounds before his first show sunday. :) So come and get puppy cuddles :D

Hmm improptu DOL meet at mine :laugh: How does around 10am sound?

Sounds too early to me rofl1.gif

You lazy bum :laugh:

Hmm MG not sure... Maybe if friendly adults want to come we can put up a puppy pen if it gets too much for the littlies or big ones can go on leash.

Although Louis did really well at yours the other day, I don't think either of mine really qualify as friendly adults :rofl: so they will be staying at home :)

Yes they definitely need something to smooth their coats down for the show ring. ;)

It needs to be pressed too, you can see that at the back :o

So cute, good effort RV :thumbsup: I wouldn't even attempt something like that, I am not naturally arty or crafty :laugh:

Just cos I am a bit proud, and because the thread is lacking in photos lately...

JT on the weekend

and Lulu

ST, you should rightly be proud....they are growing up into the most gorgeous dogs :thumbsup::love:

My baby is doing super well, he has everyone wrapped around his little paws :D

Practicing being a show dog:

OMG way too adorable :love: :love: I love 'pointy dogs' :D

A question for you, and OSO as well....are there any Whippet meets around Perth? does anyone hold any fun race days, as I'd love to go along and try to take some pics if there are :)

Yes there are. There is a Perth Whippet club which is a social club and they meet around about once a month. Last time was at Whitman park, it has also been at "peace park" down Kwinana kind of way. They have a facebook page so if you pop on there and like it and introduce yourself they will love it - oh and the details of the meets are on there as well. How jealous will I be, never been to one and you will have and don't even have a Whippet :D