Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I was hoping not to have to take him in again until Saturday, but noticed him licking his foot last night and he's got what looks like an infected patch. As he is immune compromised I'll need to take him in tonight to get it checked out :(

post-34105-0-60543900-1373349256_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrazyCresties

Thanks Ptolomy - SAMe smells weird! :laugh:

RV - He's been on milk thistle too since the beginning of all this :) So excited for you for Zora :D When's the due date again? I still haven't had time to sit down and do my zoo pics :laugh:

eta - the vet thinks his foot sore is possibly a cyst that has burst or he has nibbled open. It looks less red this evening and he's not licking it now, so we'll just keep an eye on it. I'm so paranoid with with him with every little thing at the moment :o My vets and the nurses there are being fantastic though :thumbsup:

Edited by CrazyCresties

Semi good news CC that it isn't more serious. Think you will need a second job to pay for the new relationship with your vet!

Hey RV we are all on countdown with you. Looking forward to hearing all about it and how many little red heads you have.

How long now RV, we are due from Sunday :) We have guessed numbers and whoever wins gets a block of their fav chocolate :) the kids have given it serious and prolinged thought I can tell you :)

So glad Louis is on the mend it is a crap disease for a dog to have so everything is crossed he keeps getting stronger and stronger :)

Thanks OSo :) Can't wait to see your puppies too! pregnant Whippets are the funniest looking things :laugh:

Think you will need a second job to pay for the new relationship with your vet!

They didn't charge me tonight :D but yes we are over $5k now with this and $100 per week ongoing for the next few months for one of his meds alone!

Guest RosieFT

CC- glad you can give Louis a stroll soon :-) and things are going ok for him. oh, and from waaay back, sorry... Rosie took 2 or 3 days to return to normal, but is 100% and shows no signs of lessoning her adventurous spirit.... no sticking to me like glue on walks or anything LOL

Oso - I didn't know whippets could stretch thaaaat much!! :laugh:

Hope both girls have an easy time of it !! Can't wait for photos of both litters.

Big fat Whippy :eek: Zora looks normal next to her :rofl:

I say 3 girls 2 boys for Zora and 6 boys and 1 girl for Rommi :)

We had an interesting weekend away in Melbourne... I can safely say next time I go we won't have 6 dogs in 1 small house including 2 entire males who had to be kept separate :laugh:

A weekend of ups and downs...

The dogs all did well at the Specialty show. The classes were judged by a Finnish judge as per a normal ANKC show plus we got FCI gradings and critiques. All of our dogs were awarded Excellent gradings and Anikka, Liss and Arlo were also awarded their CC worthy ribbons :) Taavi and Arlo won their classes and Liss and Anikka both came 2nd to their litter sisters - all from classes of 4-5 dogs :) Varda was unplaced out of 7 neuter bitches but I agree with his critique with the main negatives concentrating on her tail set and hind end drive which are mainly due to a bad injury to the base of her tail at 7 months old. Then in the property classed judged by a Victorian judge Arlo won Best Headed Male and the Owner/Breeder/Handler class :thumbsup:

Sunday we went to an All breed show judged by a Vic judge. The day started badly with us being very tired after the dogs wouldn't settle for the night! Then a big disappointment when the judge didn't even put her hands on either Junior Kelpie bitch before awarding the class :( We didn't even get to stop and stack the dogs before she awarded it to the other bitch (who was then beaten by both Open bitches for CC/rCC) So I guess the judge didn't like either dog! In the Lappies however she awarded Arlo BOB and Liss rBCC and Minor in Group with some nice comments about both dogs :)

Our final day involved taking the dogs down to see the canine cardiologist for auscultation and ECG as there have been a couple of heart issues in related lines. Jive, Liss, Anikka and Taavi all got the all clear however Arlo has a grade 2 heart murmur due to a mild mitral valve leak :( He will need to be retested by ECG in 12 months to see if it is progressive and won't be bred until that time which is a PITA coz he was meant to get bred to a bitch while over there and also Ani in September (would be much easier to be a BYB who didn't care about the long term health of the breed...)! We did have a vet in Perth hear the murmur but got him checked out by 3 other well respected vets after that in WA who couldn't hear anything (and cleared him for breeding) so assumed that she was the one who was wrong :o Although at least we know that there is one vet in WA who can hear it so we don't have to go back to Vic for the 6 month auscultation check :laugh:

Finally home yesterday afternoon and back at work today!