Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

The GSP is still not found but here is the latest update

Michelle Matthewsposted toKennel Zone Community - Western Australia

UPDATE:

Sonya Bowditch and her Tracking dog Bella came down to the lake in Sanctuary Waters where Sage was last seen to see if she could pick up her track. Well pick up her track she certainly did. From what we can tell she is in the bush behind Hakea Prison. Bella went troppo at the gate on Campbell Road and gave no sign that she came back out. We checked the other side on Warton Rd and it doesn't look like she went straight through. We are going to set up a station at the gate and put something there with our scent on and food and water and Madison will go down there a couple of times a day and see if she comes out. Not definite but haven't felt this positive for a while, so fingers and toes crossed

Hoping the best here as well.

Good news about Louis :) Long may the improvement continue :thumbsup:

Hopefully the GSP is found soon :( Sonya and Bella are certainly getting called on a fair bit.

I am currently stressing thinking of everything I need to do to get ready for the Lappy Specialty in Melbourne on Saturday :o Stupid us booked in for the 6am flight as well (it was more than $100pp cheaper!) so we have to be at the airport by 4.30am :eek:

We leave on Friday coz the show is Saturday :) I am tossing up whether to bother even going to bed since the Tour de France won't finish until midnight or there abouts anyway :rofl: I can always sleep on the plane :p

Another update regarding "Sage" the lost German Shorthaired Pointer

Latest Update:

We gained access to Hakea Prison this afternoon Thanks to an amazing neighbour. Bella tracked Sage through the back of the prison and unfortunately it looks like she has crossed Warton Rd into Harrisdale Swamp area. One good thing is it was probably since Monday night as Bella went along Warton rd on Monday and she didn't scent her then. Next step is a Flyer drop in Harrisdale and Piara Waters.

If you live around this area, or have friends that do - please ask them to be on the lookout. I know there is a fabulous young lady (and her Mum) missing their dog very much at the moment and working very hard to find her. :-(

Another update regarding "Sage" the lost German Shorthaired Pointer

Latest Update:

We gained access to Hakea Prison this afternoon Thanks to an amazing neighbour. Bella tracked Sage through the back of the prison and unfortunately it looks like she has crossed Warton Rd into Harrisdale Swamp area. One good thing is it was probably since Monday night as Bella went along Warton rd on Monday and she didn't scent her then. Next step is a Flyer drop in Harrisdale and Piara Waters.

If you live around this area, or have friends that do - please ask them to be on the lookout. I know there is a fabulous young lady (and her Mum) missing their dog very much at the moment and working very hard to find her. :-(

*****UPDATE**** 1500

Sage was spotted at around 3 pm today

"Just had a sighting in the estate where Canning Vale Primary is. M had Sage's mum with her and the lady said yes definitely looked like that. She talked to her and she trotted off. Had totally disappeared by the time I got there, we drove and walked around but no sign. I think the estate is Livingston, she was just sitting on the grass of a small corner park 750mtrs in from Ranford Rd. Lady said she looked very sad, stressed and hungry, but OK"

If you are around this area PLEASE keep a look out. I think it was the park on cnr. of Blackbutt & Templetonia, Canning Vale (nr. Livingston Markets)

Edited by Tumbleweed

I hope she is found soon, they must be so worried :(

Thanks RS. Yes they are so worried and have been working so hard to find her. :-(

Sage is a sledding dog and a like most dog sport 'families' is not only missed by her family but the entire sledding crew in WA. Last race just wasn't the same without her.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that she is home soon. There was a sighting this afternoon so at least we know she is OK at the moment, although by all reports very scared and hungry.

A friend of mine is a stay at home mum and they live on blackbutt. Ill get her to keep an eye out. The traffic can get really busy around there, I really hope she is found soon.

A friend of mine is a stay at home mum and they live on blackbutt. Ill get her to keep an eye out. The traffic can get really busy around there, I really hope she is found soon.

Thanks CareyJ,

They were unable to locate her again last night after she was spotted, so heading back out this morning to try and find her again. She is very very spooked by all accounts so that isn't helping :-(

Guest RosieFT

Sage has been found! 8 days on the run, but now safe and sound with her family again. Time for a massive happy dance :-)

That is fantastic news! I am so happy for Sage and her family :thumbsup: How worried they must have been.

So a little Louis update - his PCV continues to rise slowly which is good, 42 on Saturday :D We also did a fully blood screen and unfortunately his liver ALT is now raised (480), probably due to the pred. We will re-test this Saturday and if all good with his PCV then we can drop the pred down further to 10/day - he was on 40mg/day to start with. We have also started him on SAMe to help the liver too.

He's a lot brighter and I should be able to take him out for a short stroll soon. He hasn't been for a walk since this started as haven't wanted to stress him out, and unfortunately walks for Louis can be stressful if other dogs are around.

Some phone snaps of my little buddy boy :)

post-34105-0-86103200-1373347688_thumb.jpg

post-34105-0-48623600-1373347697_thumb.jpg

post-34105-0-91406100-1373347706_thumb.jpg