Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

• 2 weeks later...

WA healing vibes needed - Louis is very ill at the moment :( He was fine Thursday, ate his dinner and treats with his usually enthusiasm, but then refused to eat Friday morning and hasn't voluntarily eaten since. I got a can of hills a/d down him yesterday by gentle force feeding, but he is very lethargic and not moving off the sofa except to pee.

He is back at the vets today, and it's looking like possible haemolytic anaemia - he has turned a bit jaundiced since bloods were tested on Saturday so more tests being run today. He is on a drip and may need a transfusion later.

The vet has said he really is very poorly at the moment, so please cross your fingers for him. I don't understand how he's gone from bouncy normal Louis to this so quickly :(

He's my little heart dog - don't know what I'll do if he doesn't pull through this :cry:

Thanks Rosie :)

It's been confirmed as Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia :( but he has responded well today to the drip and steroids, and has brightened up considerably :thumbsup: I realise it's very early days, but at least he is responding to treatment. He is to stay in overnight, and as much as I hate leaving him in an unattended place, it's best not to move him and mess about with the catheter etc. He's used to sleeping in a crate at night, so hopefully he stay settled ok.

It's going to be quiet at home tonight without him and my OH is away until wed eve - so I'm left with crazy Daisy whom I'm very much a second best to after my OH!

:( So sorry to hear about Louis - but it is encouraging that he's responding to treatment. IMHA is an absolutely scary diagnosis - it hits them so quickly - but the treatment protocols do seem to be improving, and you're in a great place over there to be able to take advantage of up to date treatment.

Our strongest healing vibes coming all the way from the Apple Isle to Louis, and strength and comforting vibes to you. :hug: