Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RS - Chidlow :D It's our winter weekend stomping ground as we can usually have a 2hr walk without seeing another sole apart from the odd cyclist. As you approach Chidlow from the great eastern highway there is a roundabout when you hit the town, the heritage trail starts on the right there and is a defined track through the bush.

We won't be going for a while due to Louis's illness :( He's doing pretty well and has a good appetite, the steroids are making him so thirsty at the moment so it's a constant cycle of drink/pee/drink/pee. He's back for more blood tests next week and I'm just trying to research and find out the best diet/treatment for him.

There was a DOL meet YEARS ago at some place with a waterfall or something which I didn't go to, does anyone remember the name of that place? I think it's where ozjen slipped or something laugh.gif If I have that part wrong I'm sorry ozjen, it just rings a bell is all rofl1.gif

I believe you are thinking of whistle pipe gully - I used to go there all the time and we had a dol meet there - it's off lead

Thanks, I figured that out not long after laugh.gif Think it's the place I went to with you that one time.

Going tomorrow if anyone wants to join us. Message me for details if interested :)

Thanks TheLBD, another place I think I want to try!

They are having so much fun RS :) My kids probably would have liked it as neither Jive nor Liss went into the water past their belly when they got to go to our dam on Sunday :laugh: I really need to take my camera next time I take them out rather than relying on my mobile :p

Hopefully all the convalescent dogs are doing well still :thumbsup: Poor Varda will join them next week as she needs to have an operation :( The inguinal hernia which they previously tried to repair has gotten lots bigger recently so they are now willing to try again :( Means she might not make it to the Lappy Champ show but her health is much more important!

A few photos of Jive and Liss from the weekend...

Running through the paddocks...

dogs6_zps64b91109.jpg

Exploring among the trees...

dogs1_zpsefd534be.jpg

Liss is growing up so fast!

dogs3_zps63a5866a.jpg

Doing laps of the dam...

dogs2_zpsa15f9cb9.jpg

Getting their feet wet...or at least Jive telling Liss to be careful the monster doesn't pull her in :laugh:

dogs5_zps9dee46c1.jpg

Climbing up the mountain...

dogs4_zps1cfb483a.jpg

Edited by mirawee

A few photos of Jive and Liss from the weekend...

Running through the paddocks...

dogs6_zps64b91109.jpg

Exploring among the trees...

dogs1_zpsefd534be.jpg

Liss is growing up so fast!

dogs3_zps63a5866a.jpg

Doing laps of the dam...

dogs2_zpsa15f9cb9.jpg

Getting their feet wet...or at least Jive telling Liss to be careful the monster doesn't pull her in :laugh:

dogs5_zps9dee46c1.jpg

Climbing up the mountain...

dogs4_zps1cfb483a.jpg

What an awesome property!! Jealous!

Liss is growing up so fast LOL. She is still a rat though :p

Ptolomy, unfortunately the dogs don't get out there as much as I would like... I will have to make more of an effort this summer :)

Seld, our property is gorgeous :thumbsup::) Now if only it was less 5 minutes from work (instead of 1.5hrs) and didn't require maintenance :rofl: Oh and 5 mins from DogsWest would be nice too rather than 50 mins! I am sleepy today after giving a breed lecture last night which started at 8pm :o

Lovely to see all the dogs having so much fun :D

Louis update - He had a bit of a relapse and stopped responding so well to the pred, so another immune suppressant drug, Cyclosporine, has been added. Hopefully as a result of this his PCV rose from 24 to 28 over 3 days. He's having an abdominal ultrasound today and getting the results from the latest full blood count.

The worst thing at the moment is seeing his muscle wastage from the high pred dose. He now has little chicken legs and I'm feeling the bones in his skull - hate seeing him like this :(

Poor Louis :( (((hugs))) to you CC.

Seems there is a string of bad luck for WA DOL dogs atm :( Varda is having an operation today on her inguinal hernia. It was previously fixed but only one side held - when she saw the vet a couple of weeks ago the vet was horrified at how big it was and wanted to have her in again ASAP to fix it :( Slightly annoyed as I have had it checked a few times throughout the years since it was originally done and I have always been told it isn't worth trying again as it is harder to repair after one failed attempt :( Now I am hoping all goes smoothly and she isn't shaved too badly as she is meant to be competing in Melbourne in a months time :laugh: Obviously her health is the most important thing though and if she doesn't get to Melbourne so be it :)

I hate having a dog in at the vets having an operation though :cry:

Ugh that sucks mirawee :( hope all has gone well for Varda today :)

Nothing was found in the ultrasound Louis had yesterday, so it confirms we are dealing with a primary IMHA. We're adding in melatonin at the vets recommendation - it's supposed to work alongside the Cyclosporine to aid the immue suppressant properties. We're also starting to reduce his Pred, as although his blood is still agglutinating, he is on a really high dose and I think the side effects will kill him before the IMHA does at this rate :cry: