Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

My brag is small compared to Bedazzled and Ptolomy, but after two shows and 2xBOB Zora had a Rally O trial and got her third pass for her RN title! Shame about her handler though, I lost 10 points for doing a sign wrong or she would have ended up on 95 and instead scored 85.

Great dog, shame about the handler, RV - easy to do. I caused our judge on Sunday to crack up when I said to Kirra as we were doing an ordinary right turn "Sit ... no don't sit" - luckily, Kirra as usual had taken no notice of me :rofl: .

Great dog, shame about the handler, RV - easy to do. I caused our judge on Sunday to crack up when I said to Kirra as we were doing an ordinary right turn "Sit ... no don't sit" - luckily, Kirra as usual had taken no notice of me :rofl: .

Yes mine was a call front finish right forward. Yet I stopped and asked her to halt - which she did :confused: . I was a bit stressed out though and felt a little rushed into the ring...

Those call fronts are tricky..andgets worse when you add in the Advanced signs. Friend one day knew there were two different ones on the course .. and she did two different ones ..just that they were the reverse of what she should have done :-). And I looked form to double check which side the finish was..and my good boy follows tyre head tilt and finished right ..good booty ..except it actually was a left ...ooops ..handler strikes again :-).

Congratulations WX - what a huge buzz :thumbsup:

Any other results from the WC? Obedience? Agility?

Oh yes, TSD - Ptolomy and bedazzled have lots of news ... they may still be surfacing :rofl: . And RV - you have a brag too :laugh: .

Is that WA speak for "sobering up?" :champagne::rofl:

LOL you know us well thumbsup1.gif

Tickled pink with all my kids.

My favourite round over the 4 nights was definitely Beans in open on the Obedience night. She failed most of the exercises - but scored 210/100 for enthusiasm and after having many rounds where she has blown me off or sneezed her way around it made me smile how hard she tried.

The most comical round was Cider in jumping and her love of tunnels embarrass.gif

Scoota was definitely the one with the glowing halo - winning UDX and UD at the Obedience challenge and one point behind the winner in open.

Winning UD on the obedience night and 3rd in open, winning noivce heel work to music, Rally Advanced B and 3rd in Rally Excellent B

His performance confirmed my decision to do a John Farnham with him and do one last tour to Adelaide in April, even though I said the last trip he did was his last rofl1.gif

There were some fantastic performances over the weekend, lots of titles but the best part was the friendship shown between competitors. Well done to everybody

thumbsup1.gif

Makes plans to sneak to WA and steal <cough cough> I mean borrow Cider and get her trained for agility :rofl:.

And well done again with Moo Ptolomy - what an absolutely stunning performance he had over the classic :thumbsup:. I am looking forward to catching him on his final tour in a few weeks time :thumbsup:.

Between he and Brookie they both have to have words to miss Kenz so she knows how its done :rofl:.

Edited by ness

rofl1.gif I loved Cider's jumping round rofl1.gif

Well done again Ptolomy, what a great weekend for you!!! and of course for bedazzled!

Don't worry RV, as you know I was queen of the dufus' and lost 10 points in Rally Excellent with EACH of my girls on the SAME STATION! You'd think I would have realised the first time, errrr, nope :hitself:

Stoopid offset figure 8, I went through it 4 times instead of 3, and that extra time caused Millie to then go and sniff the sneaky food tubs laugh.gif Oh and then there was the 3 point loss with Ruby because I had no idea what a 360 was, I did a 270 instead and declared that I was lost because the next sign wasn't in front of me, then realised and called for a retry laugh.gif I'm just super proud that both kiddies did their 3 steps heel backwards without moving a paw out of place thumbsup1.gif 2 trials before that we couldn't walk backwards to save ourselves, but they nailed it on the weekend thumbsup1.gif

:rofl: LOVED Cider's jumping round - how much fun did she have :D .... can we say tunnel suck. :laugh: I shouldn't laugh, 'cos lil big man Rory has his Jumping debut in a fortnight (less :eek: ), and it could look quite similar. :)

Loved the head banging moment, RS . :thumbsup: for the heel 3 steps back, RS. Rory is not too bad at that - not as precise as I would like, but getting there. Kirra wasn't too bad ;ast Sunday, for a dog who can't even heel forwards. With her I don't fiddle around now - just take what I get first time round - and cop either points for out of position, or a 10 for IPS.

One of the cool things about rally, unless you've got a really high standard working dog - it's quite strategic - when to retry .... and most of do quite a bit of counting out loud as we do the various stations that require it.

ETA, you WA folks are truly an inspiration to us down here. Just love the way you're able to combine working towards perfect precision, with having heaps of fun with each other and with the dogs. How it should be - and what we're trying to get going down here. :D

Edited by Tassie

Loved the head banging moment, RS . :thumbsup: for the heel 3 steps back, RS. Rory is not too bad at that - not as precise as I would like, but getting there. Kirra wasn't too bad ;ast Sunday, for a dog who can't even heel forwards. With her I don't fiddle around now - just take what I get first time round - and cop either points for out of position, or a 10 for IPS.

Unfortunately, in our first Excellent trial, we didn't get a Q because we couldn't walk backwards. We did attempt it, though! Might have been Ruby's title on the weekend otherwise (not Millie's, at that same trial she ran on the broad jump embarrass.gif). Our second trial we still weren't too successful, but only lost points for being out of position. Our third trial they both nailed it thumbsup1.gif

I learnt my lesson when I cost us a (bare minimum Q) by losing 13 on that heel back station - called a retry and then still couldn't get it done properly - so 13 off on that one station. Mind you, she didn't deserve to pass that day anyway :laugh: .

Sounds like they're on a roll now - keep up the good work. :D

:rofl: Cider :rofl: she was having a blast - can't fault the enthusiasm there!

I missed the Classic - last year missed it because of KC, this year had a work trip to Bali, maybe next year :laugh: Glad to hear everyone had fun and had some great results :thumbsup:

Cider's jumping round was awesome to watch Ptolomy :laugh: She was having so much fun out there. Certainly remembered those tunnels!

My 2 brags for the Classic - Kyte blew me away as she managed to win Novice B with a perfect score. :happydance2: And then Zazu managed 98/100 and 3rd place, also in Novice B. So happy to see her work like that after she completely blew me off two nights earlier in CCD. Oh the joys of trialling a Siberian - when she is hot, she's hot. And when she's not - she's NOT!

Novice Jumping was a case of 'almost'. I slowed down at the end of the run and Kyte knocked the very last bar. :hitself:

Well done to everyone at the Classic - is was a lovely, friendly and supportive environment to be trialing. :grouphug:

• 1 month later...

Everyone decided to have a break - at the same time :rofl:

Well I am annoyed :( No State Agility Trial for me this year thanks to my stupid naming of Diva... Why doesn't she have to live up to her name???? I currently have a nice dark purple swollen foot which hurts :( No breaks though!

I left the state :o:bolt:

OMG! You can't up and leave without telling us first!! eek1.gif

Go start your own SA thread :p

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

So why the move?

Everyone decided to have a break - at the same time :rofl:

Well I am annoyed :( No State Agility Trial for me this year thanks to my stupid naming of Diva... Why doesn't she have to live up to her name???? I currently have a nice dark purple swollen foot which hurts :( No breaks though!

Saw your foot on facebook, holy moly that's a doozy of an injury! Naughty Diva :( Shame about the States :( :(