Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I got a Canon 450D with a 18-55mm lens, I am hoping to get another lens in a month or 2, maybe the 55-250mm or something along those lines. If you hear of any classes let me know, I am going to be starting my correspondence photography course soon. There is a full time one at Tafe but I work part time and cant get there 4 out of 5 days a week. They also have a short course though that runs nights but I am not keen to be driving in the dark etc.

I've got a 350D with the same lens as you but also a kit 70-300mm, you can have a play with it on your camera if you want to try out another lens for comparison?

eta - just watched the Cider video - impressive stuff :laugh:

Cool, thanks, maybe at the next DOL meet? I am hoping that maybe I can get that lens in November when hubby gets a work bonus. DO you have any filters? I am trying to decide if I want the polarizing lens as I have heard that you need to manually focus it each time. Sorry guys I know its :) - not dog talk lol

Oh and I'm currently not yearning for a puppy, what is wrong with me? :cry:

OH MY GOD you really are sick! :D Somebody call a doctor!!!!!!!

:o

Just going to enjoy my current 2 ratbags for a while! :(

Speaking of my babies, tomorrow it will be 2 years since I adopted Millie - boy that time has flown!!!! :) But then again, it feels like I've had her forever. Couldn't imagine her not being with us :(

P.S. Because I don't know her exact birthday or age (we were told she was around 2 when I got her), the 21st October is declared her birthday. So Happy 4th Birthday tomorrow, Moo!!! :(

Edited by RubyStar

Oh and I'm currently not yearning for a puppy, what is wrong with me? :cry:

OH MY GOD you really are sick! :D Somebody call a doctor!!!!!!!

:o

Just going to enjoy my current 2 ratbags for a while! :(

Speaking of my babies, tomorrow it will be 2 years since I adopted Millie - boy that time has flown!!!! :) But then again, it feels like I've had her forever. Couldn't imagine her not being with us :(

P.S. Because I don't know her exact birthday or age (we were told she was around 2 when I got her), the 21st October is declared her birthday. So Happy 4th Birthday tomorrow, Moo!!! :(

I know time sure is flying, Mason is 2 in April...

None of mine have birthday's coming up soon ... although Kinta turns 9 on the 18th December :cry: And Banjo is 3 at the end of January :D Only one more show at intermediate for him I think LOL.

After how good Banjo was doing the jumps at training yesterday I am tempted to enter him in Novice again at the next trials as well...

I'll have 2 dogs that are 4 very soon :D My babies are growing up! Not looking forward to their "golden years", aging at the same time :) Not how I planned it! I got Millie 2 years after Ruby, yet they are about the same age :cry:

I know, I keep wanting a pup but then I think if I wait a bit more at least they wont be old together, like my 2 old dogs that stay with my mum, they are 11 and are both not doing too good at the moment, one has cancer and one has bad athiritis.

I just ordered a couple of nice dog tags from Urban Puppy. Dougal's one has 'Obedience School Drop-Out' on it :cry:

Paddy's has 'Fetch Junkie' on it (I have hopes anyway! :D )

It's trying so hard to rain outside and I am trying so hard to get off my bum and do the vacuuming :o Instead, think I'll just go make a cuppa :)

Edited by Golden Rules

Oh I didn't see Banjo when he was on the jumps, only on the dog walk. You & ozjen aren't in the ACWA trial are you?

We only did the end of the dog walk :cry:

No, I have other things on next weekend :D Plus it is too hot for day trials now. I have the November trials on the 2nd and 4th weekend.

Yep I saw you guys doing contacts :D

Yes it is a bit hot but the weather is all over the place, supposed to be 22 tomorrow, hopefully the 31st is on the cool side too.

Really looking forward to the night trials though! :cry:

If it's too hot on Saturday I won't enter Millie at the obedience trial. Instead, I'll hold her out til the night time trials. I've decided I'm in no rush to get that last Novice pass with her anyway cos then we won't have any trials to enter! I won't put her in Open til next year, hopefully I will have her a bit more ready for it :D And Ruby's on a temporary trialling break :) She might possibly see the inside of an agility trialling ring before she sees the inside of an obedience one again :cry:

Edited by RubyStar

Yep I saw you guys doing contacts :o

Yes it is a bit hot but the weather is all over the place, supposed to be 22 tomorrow, hopefully the 31st is on the cool side too.

Really looking forward to the night trials though! :cry:

I was happy with Banjo's go on the contacts given he hasn't been near them since May :) Night trials are good :D

The forecast for Saturday is 26, but we knowhow that can change! How many trials have you got left this year RS?

Yep night trials are good because it doesn't feel like a whole day has been spent at a trial :cry: Get all the stuff done during the day that you need to then head to the trial and relax :o Also after day trials, double headers mainly, I feel stuffed and watch TV for the rest of the night :D Also helps that we train at night on the same grounds.

And we can drink :(:)

Oh I had Trixie doing all three positions last night while heeling up and down the hallway :cry: I was very surprised :D

ETA: Yes I admit I am warming to this obedience idea :)

Edited by amypie