Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I feel your pain. I just get sick of looking at their collars.

I kinda fixed that though. I now make my own limited slip and martingale collars. After I have finished with them I collect a few and donate them to Whippet rescue. The only side issue with that is I can't just buy one ribbon at a time - I have around twenty yet to be made into collars, tis so hard to pick just one!

Swimming is great excercise! Wish my sooks would swim!

I wouldn't let it worry you too much.

Incidentally Lewis and Rommi also have low resting heart rates what is Mason's?? Lewis's is 38 to 40bpm and Rommi is 40 to 41. I had a friend check her Whippets and they were around 65. I don't class mine as super fit, but I guess since they both have low heart rates they must be. Apparently many hounds do have a low resting heart rate.

If just one of the dogs had an exceptionally low heart rate I might be a little concerend but they have both checked out healthy.

I think its around 50....but I could be mistaken - it was a few weeks ago that he was at the vet now.

Someone told me if there dog had a RHR of 38 to 40 they would take it to a cardiologist!

Then after some research I found it not classed as abnormal in hounds in particular. Like I say if it was only Lewis then yes I would be concerned, but because they are both like that I wasn't too worried.

I bought some pretty ribbon off ebay and found some instructions via my friend Google to make my own collars/leads, but having trouble finding webbing (and not black) and all the gadgets. Looks like you have to buy in bulk off ebay :thumbsup:

I think Spotlight has differnt coloured webbing??? I use black as it doesn't show the dirt then I put ribbon over the top so I don't see the black. I get plastic triglides from Ebay from a seller in Hongkong( sells them in lots of 10 or more and they cost a few dollars) and the D rings I also bought off Ebay, got around 120 I think???? and have around 30 left. I have also made and sold and given away some.

Hmmm bedazzledx2 how dare you go posting bling collar links - Kenz does not need a bling collar - I repeat Kenz does not need a bling collar.

<Slinks off to go and look at bling collars LOL>

Edited by ness

Did you guys decide on WHO was going to get the Clean Run bonus?

I havent got an email of details who to tell Clean Run is the instigator!

I think Ptolomy was the favourite for this, pretty much everyone agreed.

Maybe you could PM her for her details (and don't take no for an answer! :laugh: )

Maybe that's cos there isn't just one instigator, we're all guilty of over-plugging Clean Run! And the fact that even though we nominated Ptolomy, she is being too shy to accept it!

Did you ask them about free shipping of i-squeaks so several people on here can benefit? :laugh:

I think Ptolomy was the favourite for this, pretty much everyone agreed.

Maybe you could PM her for her details (and don't take no for an answer! :laugh: )

Yep.............I second Ptolomy!

Bling collars are toooooooo pretty!!!! Not the sort of thing my two would wear around the farm - 'specially the Kelpie! :D

Hello WA people! :laugh:

Mason doesn't look fat to me at all. It's funny but I never really thought Lab's were attractive dogs, until I saw one that wasn't fat :rofl: And that was only a few years ago! They are actually lovely looking dogs, when they don't look like barrels.

Tiggy, Yoshimi is so cute she's almost edible :D

Our puppy will be coming home in December :rofl:

Hello WA people! :laugh:

Mason doesn't look fat to me at all. It's funny but I never really thought Lab's were attractive dogs, until I saw one that wasn't fat :rofl: And that was only a few years ago! They are actually lovely looking dogs, when they don't look like barrels.

Tiggy, Yoshimi is so cute she's almost edible :D

Our puppy will be coming home in December ;)

I think fat labs are disgusting, i especially hate that fat neck that they get that makes their heads look way too small for their bodies :rofl:

What pup are u getting? Cant believe how many people are getting pups at the moment.

If it makes you feel better I am not getting a puppy at the moment :laugh:

Not to say I wouldn't like one, but that is a year or so off for me.

I do love seeing other people though. It probably also helps that I go to Puppy preschool nearly every Thursday night so I can get my puppy fix that way.

Edited by OSoSwift

Hello :o Been absent for a while while moving and getting new internet etc :laugh: Still loads of boxes to unpack but gradually getting there! The animals have settled very well, Indy surprised us by settling straight down - no howling at all :laugh: She loves the new garden and spends all day sun bathing ;) We've introduced the dogs to the pool by one of us gently lowering them over the side while the other one guides them to the steps while they swim. At least we know they can both swim - Louis seemed better at it than Daisy, he may even come in by himself before the summer is out :p

Hello :o Been absent for a while while moving and getting new internet etc :laugh: Still loads of boxes to unpack but gradually getting there! The animals have settled very well, Indy surprised us by settling straight down - no howling at all :laugh: She loves the new garden and spends all day sun bathing ;) We've introduced the dogs to the pool by one of us gently lowering them over the side while the other one guides them to the steps while they swim. At least we know they can both swim - Louis seemed better at it than Daisy, he may even come in by himself before the summer is out :p

thats great news, CC there are pool ramps that you can get if you are worried about the tykes getting stuck in the pool! J