Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I don't smell dog in my house ;) If it's there, I sure don't know about it inhaling it 24/7, and if guests can smell it, that's their problem :wave:

so agree lol

I dont care if others come to visit and they dont like it but I personally dont like the smell in my house, it seems to stick in a lot of houses with carpets.

My entire yard is that black sand too ;) It's a nightmare - can't wait to get lawn and paving!

My CR package just arrived and according tot he box it was posted on the 15th :wave: Not bad hey, 6 days! I like the little bird, thinking of keeping it for myself so the dogs don't wreck it :)

EFS

Edited by amypie

I suppose I'll let them play with it a little bit then :thumbsup::laugh:

The cool coats came too, look like they should fit okay, Kyzer's is so tiny :) And it wasn't the smallest size they had either :rofl:

pics of the tiny cool coat??

My CR package just arrived and according tot he box it was posted on the 15th :thumbsup: Not bad hey, 6 days! I like the little bird, thinking of keeping it for myself so the dogs don't wreck it :rofl:

My Mum saw the birds and said they are too nice for the dogs... so my latest order contains one for her :laugh: Will be interesting to see how quickly Asha steals it from her :)

I suppose I'll let them play with it a little bit then :thumbsup::laugh:

The cool coats came too, look like they should fit okay, Kyzer's is so tiny :) And it wasn't the smallest size they had either :rofl:

pics of the tiny cool coat??

It's in the car, I'll take a photo of it on him tonight if I remember ;)

ok stepping into the WA thread been told to lol -waves to all-

Hi Simple ;) Sorry for your recent lose :) Bolt looks very sweet and I'm sure will be a welcome emotional distraction when he arrives :cheer:

RS - Yup we had a strict no dogs on the sofa rule......

for about 2 days :thumbsup:

Taken when my OH was feeling poorly, hence the duvet as well :cheer: How many can you count :laugh:

P04-11-09_191902.jpg

(Also it doesn't have pink stripes! they are red really - poor camera light :rofl:)

thanks and as Mirawee said I have horses too. Race horses and my pleasure horses.

Live in sunny Port Hedland saving and scrimping our monies to eventually moved to Harvey or the likes in a few years. Have been saying this for a few years also lol but Im going back to work after a 5-6 yr break from having my daughter and starting her life.

Im currently dogless. Had to PTS my beautiful Amme just over a week ago (need to find someone to modify my sig as it looks like she is still with us) I had on order another pup from over east before she left us. Ive carried on with the order and got new photos yesterday.

So this is Bolt (daughter named him and I cant change her mind lol) his the one on the left. Will be offically paid for tomorrow. I dont get him till his 11 weeks old. He passed his hearing test today so thats a plus.

71804_111596725570232_100001597144730_86833_1170678_n.jpg

Oh I missed this! I'm quoting the pic again because it's so cute :thumbsup:

How adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your girl :rofl: I hope Bolt helps to heal your heart. I think Bolt is a great name, your daughter has taste :laugh:

Sophie and Banjo are allowed on the lounge and on my bed whenever they want :laugh: , first dogs that have been allowed but also first dogs I've had with short single coats, Buster is too big and hairy so he stays on his bed poor boy :thumbsup: .

My two are allowed on the bed and couches, but I want to change that soon, just trying to psych myself up for the first few nights of no sleep from Trixie crying in her crate :laugh:

I mainly want to get them off my bed because when they get looked after by other people they try and burrow under the doona :rofl: I forgot to warn my mum about that one :thumbsup:

Hoping the DOLers can help me decide on what to do. It's tearing me apart..... :laugh:

I own 2 Labs. 2 very hairy Labs. 2 Labs that seem to be dropping more coat than usual (coming out of winter?) 2 Labs that I very much want to cuddle on the lounge at night.

I own a suede lounge that attracts all sorts of stuff, even if I put a blanket over it. I have never allowed Labbies on the lounge before :rofl: Labbies know their place is on the floor on their own beds, but floor hurts my butt if I want to cuddle them and it doesn't seem practical.

Do I let them up on the lounge with me? :thumbsup: The second I let them up, Miss Moo will think she can come up anytime, even when I'm not on it. I would really need to coax Miss Roo into coming up, she doesn't know how to 'do' lounges!

How many others have a no lounge rule and what sort of breeds do you have? I know lots of you let your kids up, but I guess I'm interested to hear if I am the only freak who doesn't let them? :) Growing up with small dogs, they were always allowed up and even slept on my bed. But getting the Labs, the rules changed! ;)

Hi Ruby Star,

My Siberian Husky isn't allowed on the couch but I love to have her snuggled on the bed with me. (There is nothing better in winter than listening to the rain on the tin roof, being tucked up in bed with a good book and your favorite dog curled into the back of your legs!). I have heaps of hair everywhere but wash the cover regularly and also pop it in the drier which seems to use the static to get off lots of hair. The golden rule in our house is that she is not allowed up until invited. If she ever just jumps up of her own accord she swiftly gets made to get down. This way you still have some control. I have no idea if it would work if she was home alone but as my pooch is never allowed inside unsupervised it isn't a drama (the last time she was left inside she put fish food throughout the whole house, up-ended the fish bowl, put 50 L of water across the floor and then ate the 2 goldfish!).

Hope that helps!

Edited by Tumbleweed

i want the nice weather back! my friend and i groomed two akitas yesterday, one has been abused when the marriage broke up so cant walk properly and the other is just a boofhead. we got paid $50 for it but we decided to buy the dogs new collars to replace their chokers instead of the money and kindly educated their owners on leaving chokers on dogs =) we both felt really good about spending 4 hours brushing and washing 2 mammoth dogs just because of how good they looked after and how happy their owners were

:thumbsup::rofl::) Good on ya, Rach and friend, hope it gets you some good karma back, it's people like you two that make the world a better place. :laugh:

My entire yard is that black sand too :laugh: It's a nightmare - can't wait to get lawn and paving!

My CR package just arrived and according tot he box it was posted on the 15th :thumbsup: Not bad hey, 6 days! I like the little bird, thinking of keeping it for myself so the dogs don't wreck it :rofl:

EFS

Sounds like my backyard too. My cleanrun parcel is at the PO but they couldn't leave it at the PO 1km away they had to leave it at the one about 7km away, were is the logic.

Crazy Cresties is there an extra kitty in that pic? I thought you only brought 1 kitty across from the UK?

lol, nope just the one :) in the middle of the sofa are the 2 cresties that came with us, and Indy sat on the back :laugh: Frida the grey on the right, and Fargo the cocker on the left :laugh: Actually I was in touch with a friend yesterday who saw Fargo a couple of weeks ago, and he is very happy and obviously much loved in his new home she said, which was lovely to hear.

eta, yup ravenau1 got it right ;)

Edited by CrazyCresties

:) Bondi has learnt she is allowed on the lounge when it's just me and her at home, but not when the parents are around :laugh: Although she has her own lounge in the spare room which she just goes and sits on on her own :) And she is allowed on my bed.

Sounds a bit like Millie but it was at my parents house and Dad would let her up but she would never get up when I was around, cos she knew I wouldn't let her ;)

RS, mine just go on the couch whenever they want :laugh: I have a leather lounge for that reason (plus they ate the last one and this one was cheap at a swap meet :o The arm has been eaten off this one but it hasn't gotten worse for a while ;) )

:eek: I'd like to laugh but Millie ate mum and dad's lounge that I tried to keep her off but Dad kept undoing all my hard work and let her when I wasn't there. It took for her to eat it for Dad to realise it wasn't such a good idea ;)

There isn't much chance of them eating this lounge. They aren't left inside when I'm not home and it's not made of foam covered in thin material like that lounge was!

Well as quiet a few of you know Jenna sleeps with me, broke the habit after mt trip to NZ as I took advantage of her sulking, but went back to it when I came home from being out with Mirrawee and friends one night and it was cold. Jen is a great bed warmer. With regard to the settee, Jen just goes to jelly if you try to kick her of, Giz is usually on my lap if he's up and is often competing with the cat. ? is not allowed up at this stage unless I can hang onto ? ;)

My entire yard is that black sand too :laugh: It's a nightmare - can't wait to get lawn and paving!

My CR package just arrived and according tot he box it was posted on the 15th :) Not bad hey, 6 days! I like the little bird, thinking of keeping it for myself so the dogs don't wreck it ;)

EFS

Sounds like my backyard too. My cleanrun parcel is at the PO but they couldn't leave it at the PO 1km away they had to leave it at the one about 7km away, were is the logic.

Ergh, that yucky grey perth sand :laugh:

7km! Crikey! Where is the logic indeed!