Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

The 2 /19 is school holidays .

I have to disagree with dark goldies not winning, i have shown gundogs for 24 yrs & there certainly has been alot of good dark goldies shown & have done big winning.

The breed did go through a phase of colours being stronger in quality & at one stage there where dark dogs shown but certainly not all where worthy of winning.

This evening hubby video-ed me training Mason in the yard, i am shocked at how slow I walk and the signals I give him, no wonder the poor dog is confused :confused::laugh:

Is that why everyone who does obedience etc videos themselves to see what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong?

For me, yep, that and to keep a diary of what we do to look back on, and to also share training successes with fellow training enthusiasts around the country on DOL ;) It's also nice to have a link handy demonstrating something that someone else might be having trouble with. What better way to learn than by watching!

Candice, where is your video!! We wanna see!! :D

Edited by RubyStar

So since the family is probably up and moving ( :laugh: ) does anyone know how hard it is to get multiple dog licences in Swan, Kalamunda and Mundaring shires respectively? (Because we are allowed 3 dogs here due to land size but will have issues if we move back to suburbia :confused: )

This evening hubby video-ed me training Mason in the yard, i am shocked at how slow I walk and the signals I give him, no wonder the poor dog is confused :confused: :D

Is that why everyone who does obedience etc videos themselves to see what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong?

For me, yep, that and to keep a diary of what we do to look back on, and to also share training successes with fellow training enthusiasts around the country on DOL ;) It's also nice to have a link handy demonstrating something that someone else might be having trouble with. What better way to learn than by watching!

Candice, where is your video!! We wanna see!! ;)

No way will anyone see that video lol! I may let you watch it on my PC one day but its so bad I havent bothered to upload to U-tube. And at this stage we have no training successes :laugh:

Valley I live in city of Swan, will try find out for you how many dogs you are allowed, I dont see it being too much of a problem as you are allowed a certain number of cats too but if you exceed it I know you can apply for a special license. How many dogs do you have, its 3 isnt it?

Yes I have 3 dogs we really didn't expect the possible move. I did read on the websites about both Swan and Kalamunda will grant you up to 6 dog licences BUT they may say one thing and do another (plus both mention if dogs are well behaved, which mine almost are :confused: ). Mundaring says they will on thier website but I know Mirawee has had difficulties with them over dog licences on a 100 acre property.

On the plus side I found a nice house, with a pool, a big yard for my agility equipment and just down the road from an awesome dog park.

Edited by valleyCBR

Yes I have 3 dogs we really didn't expect the possible move. I did read on the websites about both Swan and Kalamunda will grant you up to 6 dog licences BUT they may say one thing and do another (plus both mention if dogs are well behaved, which mine almost are :confused: ). Mundaring says they will on thier website but I know Mirawee has had difficulties with them over dog licences on a 100 acre property.

On the plus side I found a nice house, with a pool, a big yard for my agility equipment and just down the road from an awesome dog park.

Where is the house?? I am very lucky I live in a circle and in the middle is a nice park, I literally cross the road and am there, its wonderful I take Mason over before I go to work or after to play fetch and I train him there..

The house was in Kalamunda.

My parents decided they will probably build because they are so fussy. :laugh: But have been looking at a over 1.5 acre block in the same area so it should be ok! Hopefully we won't have to move :eek:

Edited by valleyCBR

Guest RosieFT

Amypie - no pressure, but if you could remember my thumb drive please :-) ... if you have not done pics, don't worry about it :-)

RS - assume you have not seen ptolomey for my isqueaks? I have pmed her to see if she is at training tonight :-) . I will hopefully catch her there.

okees.. day off to clean house and do grocery shopping before going to watch my kids do their edudance concert at school. Too cute.. my son is in preprimary and it seems he has a talent for dance! :-)

got my slow cooker on making our dinner of corned beef -- mainly because OH loves it.. BUT i have discovered Rosie loves it just as much and i actually can see a glimse of what it might be like to own a food oriented dog LOL. So she will enjoy fresh corned beef at training tonight :-) hee

Have you tried the 4legs treats with her RFT? She always seems pretty interested in them when they are in my pocket :eek:

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten :laugh: Goldfish memory.

Edited by amypie

vCBR, problem we have with Mundaring Shire is that they told us we could apply for a kennel license and sent us the paperwork, then once we bought the property and followed it up we were told they don't give kennel licenses and haven't for years :p And if we want to breed at all, even if we only have 1 adult dog, we require a kennel license :rofl: ETA: But we were told we could put in an application that would only cost us $6000 for them to consider it :(

I only really know the regulations in the Shire of Mundaring for 5+ acres... where you are allowed 4 dogs and can apply for a license for 6 but must have the extra dog/s first ;)

Residential is 2 dogs with application for 3 allowed and I think there is a middle size property for 3 dogs with extra allowed on application.

And I haven't moved out of home... I just made my parents buy a property with two houses :D

Edited by mirawee

Amypie - no pressure, but if you could remember my thumb drive please :-) ... if you have not done pics, don't worry about it :-)

RS - assume you have not seen ptolomey for my isqueaks? I have pmed her to see if she is at training tonight :-) . I will hopefully catch her there.

okees.. day off to clean house and do grocery shopping before going to watch my kids do their edudance concert at school. Too cute.. my son is in preprimary and it seems he has a talent for dance! :-)

got my slow cooker on making our dinner of corned beef -- mainly because OH loves it.. BUT i have discovered Rosie loves it just as much and i actually can see a glimse of what it might be like to own a food oriented dog LOL. So she will enjoy fresh corned beef at training tonight :-) hee

Oops, I totally forgot!! Hopefully she'll be there tonight :D

Wanna borrow a Lab? That will show you a food oriented dog in no time :rofl:

So since the family is probably up and moving ( :D ) does anyone know how hard it is to get multiple dog licences in Swan, Kalamunda and Mundaring shires respectively? (Because we are allowed 3 dogs here due to land size but will have issues if we move back to suburbia :rofl: )

I ahem, work for Kalamunda Shire.... From my understanding, when I asked about it, you get an application sent out to you, which you need to get the neighbours to sign to say they dont have an issue, send it back, and rangers check that there is sufficient yard to house and then hopefully its approved, I beleive maximum is 6 dogs, but dont quote me.

Thank you Sarah, I'm sure it will happen when it's meant to.

I didn't think (from what I have heard only) that the darker Godlies do so well in the ring? What a shame your MIL doesn't still breed!

I meant to say to you also, congratulations on your new little pupper! I read about it somewhere but don't think I saw a photo..... I remember his name though - Hemi! Very Maori! :rofl:

Well kinda yes and no, you will get judges that tend to pick creams, and you will get some that go on conformation and mix it up, and you get some that go for golds, the sire to Andy (who I show) has just gotten his Grand Champion and he is gold, Wookie (andys father) picked up numerous groups, a Best in Specialty and an All Breeds Best in Show along the way, his sire Rebel also had picked up a number of groups and was a consistent Class in group winner, he too was gold.. Like others have said there have been streaks of creams, but a decent gold will do its fair share of winning - in my opinion

MIL did try do a breeding recently, unfortunately the bitch got Pyometra, and she has to be steralised, and she was her only bitch that she could use (the rest are old retirees).

Thanks, Hemi is just the best... even if I am a bit biased! Someone told me that Hemi in Maori means James!

I know someone who is looking at selling a Clipper crate, will find out the size and get back to you.. I think it may be a smaller one tho

I love my Clipper crates, I have two, a small and a larger one!

Darker Goldens generally don't do very well in the show ring, and really there is no explanation for the bias, apart from judges being so used to light coloured goldens being shown, they get in a rut and can't remove themselves. It is a shame, because the breed allows for the dark gold and many people prefer it over cream. I do like the true light gold coat colour too, just don't like "white" goldens.

Can anyone give me a hand here please ?

I am travelling to Queensland in August to compete with some of my dogs. I have two crates of my own for two of the dogs, but require another for my Goldie bitch. Either to borrow for the three weeks I am away, or to purchase a secondhand one. She fits into a Clipper 6 very nicely, and I would prefer one of those, but a large Vari Kennel would probably do. Length needs to be around 84cm up to 90 cm. As I said, I don't need it till August, and will keep an eye on Ebay and local papers, but would appreciate it if anybody hears of a crate available, or knows of a generous person willing to loan out a crate, if you could let me know please.

Hey Everyone :rofl:

Just wanting to pick your brings after my fail attempts at searching on here and on google but are there any fenced dog parks SOR??

There is the one in Kwinana but it's closed till further notice due to some soil testing being done (apparently espestos(sp?) has been found or something) and yeah.

The only one I have been able to find is Whitman Park and it's a little far for what I am wanting.

TIA! :D