Thinking Of Changing Kibble

raffikki

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just switched from Eagle Pack Hollistic to Artemis, too soon to judge the results. But I moved from Eagle Pack because my boy was starving on it. He lost weight and coat condition on it. He is wheat intolerant, so finding a food that works for him is hard work. I would move him to BARF but I dont have the time, nor do I want all my dogs on it, and they would drive me nuts if I just put one dog on it :confused:

My other dogs do well on Coprice and also Uncle Albers/Great Barko. I alternate a bit between the three.

Rysup, can you let me know how you go with the Artemis? I have a young male here who i'm having trouble getting a bit of condition on - i know he's young and growing etc, but i'm sick of looking at his ribs! He's on eagle pack power, and i'm trying to keep his diet pretty bland (no wheat, just chicken & beef raw). Just wondering if the Artemis might give him that extra boost.

I've got a card to fill in to go on the breeders program for it, and the price will be equal to eagle, just wondering if i should do the swap.

My other dogs do well on Coprice and also Uncle Albers/Great Barko. I alternate a bit between the three.

From what i've read alot of people seem quite happy with Great Barko and Uncle Albers so i've sent away asking for some samples for Sophie - she's such a fussy eater!

Rysup, can you let me know how you go with the Artemis? I have a young male here who i'm having trouble getting a bit of condition on - i know he's young and growing etc, but i'm sick of looking at his ribs!

SilverHaze - I've found Artemis Osopure Power to be outstanding for conditioning dogs. Very palatable and of course without the fillers. Alternately, might be worth trying the Maximal which is grain free as it does tend to add condition both via muscle and toning.

Sags

:D

I understand that Supercoat has a lot of cereal fillers in it, but it would also seem that Pro Plan (which quite of few seem to like) also has these fillers? I am looking online at their ingredients, and the Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed and Supercoat Junior seem just as "bad" as each other?

Rysup, can you let me know how you go with the Artemis? I have a young male here who i'm having trouble getting a bit of condition on - i know he's young and growing etc, but i'm sick of looking at his ribs!

SilverHaze - I've found Artemis Osopure Power to be outstanding for conditioning dogs. Very palatable and of course without the fillers. Alternately, might be worth trying the Maximal which is grain free as it does tend to add condition both via muscle and toning.

Sags

:nahnah:

Thanks Sags!

I think the Osopure Power may be the way to go - i want something which I can keep him on through race season, so the more power the better lol

I love the results of the eagle pack power, and the dogs perform well and look great on it, but it's just not helping me with this boy, and the output isn't crash hot either, quite sinewy at times.

I have started using Artemis Osopure Power and it has been great for keeping the condition on whippets. I was using the regular Artemis formula before but found it hard to keep the condition on them with the amount of activity that they do.

I have started using Artemis Osopure Power and it has been great for keeping the condition on whippets. I was using the regular Artemis formula before but found it hard to keep the condition on them with the amount of activity that they do.

I feed Artemis Power to my Whippet boy also. :rofl: The poods are on Artemis Seniors - they'd look like fluffy eggs if they got Power. :eek:

Edited by poodlefan

The rep we spoke to at a show gave us a card to fill out and return to them to sign up to the breeders program. Conditions of the program were that the food was to be ordered directly through the reps, and they would organise delivery. I don't believe this program is available through regular retailers.

The puppy packs she told us about sounded fabulous!!! Oh and i believe you had to buy a minimum of 2 bags (the largest size) each time you purchased to get the breeder price.

We've sent the card off, so waiting on a reply from them now.

Hi all. I don`t want to get in trouble for trying to promote anything on here but if anyone is interested in a top quality holistic dry food please have a look at my website www.riverlandskennels.com for more details. I am the NSW rep and deliver to you door in Sydney and surrounding areas and have the details for the reps in other states. It is a product I really beleive in and all my dogs have been on it for almost a year with outstanding results. There is also a cat food availavle...

• 1 month later...

Hi

First time on forum but I have been looking for a good allergy sensitive dry dog food for my staffy LizzyBabe.

I contacted Eagle Pack and Artemis and Eagle Pack sent me some samples to try first :eek: - still waiting on sample from Artemis and this was before Christmas :(

I read on some American forum that Natural Choice was causing serious health problems even death in cats.

Lizzy is on raw meat and vegetable diet as well - vegetables are chunky not minced.

I will probably try Eagle Pack as she has had no problems with the samples - her allergy is grass I think :eek:

It really is a case of reading all the ingredients - sucrose (sugar) is definitely a NO NO as it could make dogs hyper and as staffy owners know their babies are hyper enough :eek:

Will keep reading with interest

Jenny and Lizzy Babe

Hi

First time on forum but I have been looking for a good allergy sensitive dry dog food for my staffy LizzyBabe.

I contacted Eagle Pack and Artemis and Eagle Pack sent me some samples to try first :love: - still waiting on sample from Artemis and this was before Christmas :(

I read on some American forum that Natural Choice was causing serious health problems even death in cats.

Lizzy is on raw meat and vegetable diet as well - vegetables are chunky not minced.

I will probably try Eagle Pack as she has had no problems with the samples - her allergy is grass I think :confused:

It really is a case of reading all the ingredients - sucrose (sugar) is definitely a NO NO as it could make dogs hyper and as staffy owners know their babies are hyper enough :rofl:

Will keep reading with interest

Jenny and Lizzy Babe

I too asked for a sample from Artemis before christmas and it arrived today. I took the plunge and bought a bag of Artemis 3 weeks ago, and our Stafford has thrived on it! coat is looking better already.

There are a lot of good options out there. It depends on what your priorities are. I tend to look for holistic, natural products, preferably with locally sourced organic ingredients (ie no rice derivatives from CHINA!!!, no preservatives, no dodgy additives, no vague "meat products", no corn, no "fillers" etc etc) and I study the ingredients religiously. Also the way the food is produced is important.

I usually feed my dogs a raw diet with VANs complete mix sometimes mixed in. But when I do buy kibble (laziness, special needs whatever) I get Eaglepack holistic kibble. I have also heard and read good things about Artemis (I should order a sample!!!) but didn't try it because it's too hard and expensive to get it delivered to Tassie (or it was - might have changed since I last looked).

There are some others that have too much meat content for dalmatians - ziwipeak I think is one, natural balance, and another newcomer with a BIG focus on maximum protein whose name I can't think of right now LOL - if I remember it I'll post it. I havent checked the others out much tho because their meat levels (one of them was something like 70% if I remember right) are just a big no-no for my lot.

I really wish you could get Flint River Ranch here because that's the one I'd go with if I could!!!

ETA: the other one I couldn't think of is Orijen - as I said I have no idea what it's like tho.

Edited by spottychick

I have just switched from Eagle Pack Hollistic to Artemis, too soon to judge the results. But I moved from Eagle Pack because my boy was starving on it.

I had my young lad on Eagle Pack Hollistic large breed due to a fast growing stage .It worked for the issue at hand but the coat was awful,hard to maintain weight,it is known for causing loss stools & my boy did & basically for what you pay i wouldnt use it except for my situation.I couldnt wait to change to my preferred brand.

I feed Pro plan salmon not due to any issues except it is great on coats i dont use the other varities of pro plan though as i dont find they work aswell