Walking Poos

Nik

Hi

My nearly 6 month old Aussie Shep pup has a really annoying habit of walking whilst doing her business. Has anyone else had their dog do this? And is there any way to help her do it in the one spot. I'm sick of doing the pooper scoop in the backyard, thinking I've got it all when I step in that last small bit.

Thanks

My boys do it occasionally - not so much now but when I was feeding them dry food. I think they do it because they have things to do and don't have the time to stand still :)

Some guy in the street told me that any dog that walks while they are toileting are insecure dogs ... because this is a time when dogs are most valuable to attack. :rofl: I really think I attract nutcases because I constantly get people coming up to me to tell me their view of the world. :rofl:

Has she always done it or more so since her injury??

Most of our larger dogs walk about ,no big deal its whats comfy for them

Nope, she's always done it.

Her injury seems to be healing well - vet said she's pulled her tricep muscle, and I took her to a chiropractor today (very happy with him) and he thought the same thing. She's almost back to normal, but we're not going for off-leash zoomies for a few more weeks.

Guess we might just have to resign ourselves to being extra vigilant when doing the poo rounds.

I have two Staffy sisters, one does this as well, the other one doesnt.

Although annoying is is also a bit handy when you have two dogs, to know which poo beloongs to which dog in the case of sickness or constipation.

Nik - Sounds like others dogs do it also, but it is definatly an Aussie thing.

Nothing that I know of will stop her. Both my boys walk around while doing a poo, and many other Aussies I know also do the same thing. Sorry to tell you that!!!

Not an uncommon thing at all.

Some of my American Cockers do it, and particularly those from a certain bloodline.

There was also a thread relating to it on an American Cocker email list from the USA a few years back and funnily enough, I had dogs descended from the bloodlines they were talking about and they did it too.

More frustrating than anything else and a real pain in the behind to clean up! :laugh:

Nothing that I know of will stop her. Both my boys walk around while doing a poo, and many other Aussies I know also do the same thing. Sorry to tell you that!!!

Well SOMEbody could have told me that before we decided on an Aussie :confused: .

If this is her most frustrating habit, I can live with it. Just makes doing the rounds in the long-overdue-for-a-mow-lawn rather difficult. Hmmm, better get to some gardening.

Well SOMEbody could have told me that before we decided on an Aussie :angeldevil: .

If this is her most frustrating habit, I can live with it. Just makes doing the rounds in the long-overdue-for-a-mow-lawn rather difficult. Hmmm, better get to some gardening.

Hehe just to be different, mine does nice little well placed piles...in one spot :laugh: . The only time I ever saw Tilly spread it was on a day she was a little constipated.

Haha, funny you mention this - my new puppy (who also just happens to be an Aussie Shepherd) does this as well!!! I thought it was just because she was a bit uncoordinated at first but maybe it'll just be something she does for ever!!! :rofl:

I have two Staffy sisters, one does this as well, the other one doesnt.

Although annoying is is also a bit handy when you have two dogs, to know which poo beloongs to which dog in the case of sickness or constipation.

Ditto! My goldy walks around. My elky doesn't. If they ever have tummy upsets, I can easily tell who it is :thumbsup:

Guest RosieFT

By walking, do you mean squatting and walking around or do you mean what my lovely foxie does sometimes??? When very excited to be out on a walk or something, she sometimes does not want to stop for a poo, so will keep on trotting along (although i can *see* she needs to go) and doesn't even sniff, or semisquat, just jetisons bits out as she trots along. SO gross!! Thankfully it has only happened a handful of times when she is super keen. ugh.

By walking, do you mean squatting and walking around

Yes.

When very excited to be out on a walk or something, she sometimes does not want to stop for a poo, so will keep on trotting along (although i can *see* she needs to go) and doesn't even sniff, or semisquat, just jetisons bits out as she trots along. SO gross!! Thankfully it has only happened a handful of times when she is super keen. ugh.

Yuck :)

By walking, do you mean squatting and walking around or do you mean what my lovely foxie does sometimes??? When very excited to be out on a walk or something, she sometimes does not want to stop for a poo, so will keep on trotting along (although i can *see* she needs to go) and doesn't even sniff, or semisquat, just jetisons bits out as she trots along. SO gross!! Thankfully it has only happened a handful of times when she is super keen. ugh.

:)

Now that's dedication to walkies!