Youtubing Dolers

Looks good Vickie - might have to set that one up at club training one night when they are looking for something to set up.

Nice to see some videos of you running your guys :rofl:. Your handling is so calm and smooth - something mine isn't :laugh: .

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see some videos of you running your guys :laugh:. Your handling is so calm and smooth - something mine isn't :laugh: .

:) Thanks Ness. Glad we looked calm b/c I felt anything but when I was running it :thumbsup:

Finally videoed some agility training yesterday. I found this course on youtube, complete with course map. There are 3 different sequences & lots of challenges in each. So far we have only tried sequence 2. We are managing to get through it, but nowhere near as smoothly as the guy on youtube. I am pretty happy with the turns both girls are giving me, but am still not managing to get some some of the position I need to get to.

Here is the course if anyone is interested in trying it. It's FUN to run!

http://agilitynerd.com/blog/agility/course...2010-05-29.html

I like the agility nerd site, some good stuff on there.

I need more equipment so I can set stuff up like this (and a back yard :thumbsup: )

I agree you did look very calm :thumbsup:

Thanks Vickie - I do think I tried to rush her a bit and race her around the course :thumbsup: . And after that trial I do need to trust her on lead outs and not think she is like Ness and can't hold a startline. I still chuckle she made a real mess of the novice courses and seemed to handle the open course much better.

Finally videoed some agility training yesterday. I found this course on youtube, complete with course map. There are 3 different sequences & lots of challenges in each. So far we have only tried sequence 2. We are managing to get through it, but nowhere near as smoothly as the guy on youtube. I am pretty happy with the turns both girls are giving me, but am still not managing to get some some of the position I need to get to.

Here is the course if anyone is interested in trying it. It's FUN to run!

http://agilitynerd.com/blog/agility/course...2010-05-29.html

Very nice Vickie...your girls knew exactly where they were going on those turns:thumbsup:

Think I might try Seq2 with my guys tomorrow...might use an AF though, will give me a chance to catch up to Snazzy :laugh:

Think I might try Seq2 with my guys tomorrow...might use an AF though, will give me a chance to catch up to Snazzy :hug:

;) good idea :p

I tried Sequence 1 late yesterday. I found it much harder. the run from the tunnel to the bottom jump at the other end is a killer. LOL, no AF to catch up will help you there :laugh: . I did video it, but it's really too dark to see (and it was a mess anyway :) ).

I am hoping that my angles are tougher than on the video, I'm pretty sure the spacing is tighter. I'm going to try to measure it out properly today, run it again & hope I don't suck as much ;) . Trim kept checking in as she was unsure...and Shine just did what she thought :heart: .

Think I might try Seq2 with my guys tomorrow...might use an AF though, will give me a chance to catch up to Snazzy :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: good idea :thumbsup:

I tried Sequence 1 late yesterday. I found it much harder. the run from the tunnel to the bottom jump at the other end is a killer. LOL, no AF to catch up will help you there :cheer: . I did video it, but it's really too dark to see (and it was a mess anyway :laugh: ).

I am hoping that my angles are tougher than on the video, I'm pretty sure the spacing is tighter. I'm going to try to measure it out properly today, run it again & hope I don't suck as much :laugh: . Trim kept checking in as she was unsure...and Shine just did what she thought :thumbsup: .

I tried Seq2...not as pretty as your girls. I found 12 to 13 tricky and tried it several ways.

I tried Seq2...not as pretty as your girls.

:D Yours looks MUCH prettier to me!

I found 12 to 13 tricky and tried it several ways.

yes that was my problem too. If I faced it in a trial I would definitely do it the way you ran it (but silly me was determined to get it right the way he did it...still trying :eek: ). I found it interesting that Steve did not put that up as an option.

I clearly need training on handling a serp from 2 jumps behind.

I can sometimes have an inclination to use my clicker like a remote control, and *point* it when I click (duh!) now I *KNOW* better, but it still happens at times! lol. Paris is also sometimes inclined to throw anything at me and watches for my hand movement either for the click or when I move to the food or to feed her, rather than paying attention to what I'm clicking.

So my trainer suggested an exercise to help us; teaching Paris to put her head inside a bucket! Both to give us something rather unimportant to teach (we can screw it up and it won't really affect our competitive training), as well as teaching Paris to LISTEN for the click better (she can't see me moving if her head is inside a bucket!)

So I had a quiet day at work on friday, and within a few mins we had it down nicely, though I've yet to add very *much* duration to it, we'll work on that another day.

it's silly, but incredibly cute when her big fluffy head disappears inside a bucket, so I had to share!!!! And hey, might be useful to play about with for anyone else having similar problems... or for someone bored. LOL!

Fantastic!!!! Don't you just love those dogs that have learn't to play the training game!!!!! I love free shaping :)

I can sometimes have an inclination to use my clicker like a remote control, and *point* it when I click (duh!) now I *KNOW* better, but it still happens at times! lol. Paris is also sometimes inclined to throw anything at me and watches for my hand movement either for the click or when I move to the food or to feed her, rather than paying attention to what I'm clicking.

So my trainer suggested an exercise to help us; teaching Paris to put her head inside a bucket! Both to give us something rather unimportant to teach (we can screw it up and it won't really affect our competitive training), as well as teaching Paris to LISTEN for the click better (she can't see me moving if her head is inside a bucket!)

So I had a quiet day at work on friday, and within a few mins we had it down nicely, though I've yet to add very *much* duration to it, we'll work on that another day.

it's silly, but incredibly cute when her big fluffy head disappears inside a bucket, so I had to share!!!! And hey, might be useful to play about with for anyone else having similar problems... or for someone bored. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Sure is lovely work. You gotta love the English tests. Whilst there was a bucket load of heeling...6 1/2 minutes, there was only 1 down, sit, stand in the positions in motion, and 2 other sits at heel. Lovely and flowing without the every position in every pace, stop start type test we have. This is Test C which is the highest level. The lower levels have much less heelwork and are better suited to longevity in competition than ours. Note also the stopping on turns and their requirement that the dog doesnt leave a gap between the handlers leg. They get pinged every time you can see daylight between the dog and the handler in heel position. We can and should learn from overseas competitions but also remember that our tests have different requirements and we need to honour that also.

;)

Reminds me why I love obedience :eek:

Edited by bedazzledx2

Paris showing how NOT to do agility, just for fun.

I really should train again...

That was so funny :eek: . What a bouncy thing she is. Looks like she had fun anyway and I bet she gave everyone a laugh ;) .