Youtubing Dolers

amypie we need some video of Miss Trixie ;) :) .

She doesn't really do anything yet! :happydance:

I always say she's dopey but she was picking up on some jumping exercises I was doing the other day much quicker than Kyzer was! Should do more things with her :cooldance:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would get a video of Abby and I doing some heelwork tonight at the OB club... We've only been training for about 3 months and she's come along so far! There are a few bits and pieces we need to work on and I really need to learn to control my shoulders a little more with her around!!! She turns with the subtlest movement from me!

Anyway, feel free to rip it apart... you know who you are. :thumbsup:

Lovey TerraNik :thumbsup: Just love Kelpies....I'm on the hunt for one now for my next trialling dog.

I thought I would get a video of Abby and I doing some heelwork tonight at the OB club... We've only been training for about 3 months and she's come along so far! There are a few bits and pieces we need to work on and I really need to learn to control my shoulders a little more with her around!!! She turns with the subtlest movement from me!

Anyway, feel free to rip it apart... you know who you are. :D

Anyway, feel free to rip it apart... you know who you are. :laugh:

Can I have that LAT please :)

Anyway, feel free to rip it apart... you know who you are. :(

Can I have that LAT please :rofl:

:p When I first started working with Abby, she had no concept of a left turn, let alone a left about turn! So I got out the phone book and did some back end awareness exercises with her... and 10 minutes later - that's the turn I got!! :p Insane!!!!!!!! This is why I want a Kelpie!

here's my winter training in my living room last weekend... I'll try get some more of trials over here in NZ sometime!!

Good luck! I'm in NZ too, and won out of elementary into special beginners with my last boy just before I lost him (he was dog aggressive, so although the actual obedience exercises were easy, having him perform nicely around other dogs was worth more than the ribbon to me!) Looks like you've made a good start.

It's strange how the NZ obedience regulations are so different to the Oz ones. I think we're the odd ones out internationally, with our having to actually come top in the class (not just reach a certain number of points) in order to graduate to the next level. The very close heeling style we are required to do is also really different to what they do in Oz ("the judge does not want to see any daylight between you and the dog!" - in Oz they call that crowding!) Plus we don't actually get awarded any official title until we're at the second to highest obedience level - unlike Oz, the dogs don't get any title for winning out of the lowest 3 classes.

I've often wondered why we are so weird! :)

Let us know how you get on, anyway!

Edited by Staranais

The UK system from memory is a win out system too and sounds very similar to the NZ system.

Oh really? Perhaps we followed them, then, and you guys followed the U.S.A? Interesting!

Is the UK the same with us with the really close heeling, and with the no titles awarded under TCQ (= winning into the top class) as well?

I am not entirely sure re the titles but do know the UK heelwork is the same with respect to the really close heeling. If you search youtube for obedience/crufts for instance you will find plenty of clips (or should do).

EG.

Edited by ness

I am not entirely sure re the titles but do know the UK heelwork is the same with respect to the really close heeling. If you search youtube for obedience/crufts for instance you will find plenty of clips (or should do).

EG.

Oh interesting Ness, thanks! I'm am learning things today. Yes, that looks like what I see in the ring here.

I've often wondered if the reason Rally is becoming so big in NZ is that we don't have any titles under TCQ. And although it sounds shallow, I think lots of people are unwilling to put heaps of work into obedience competitions when the majority of them aren't ever likely to ever get a title out of it. Whereas Rally, you get a title at a much lower standard of proficiency, recognizing the work you've put in - even if you're not competitive with the top obedience border collies! :)

None at all tiggy :):thanks::thanks: . I have some nice ones bookmarked on my youtube subscriptions page but I can't get that to work properly on my office computer so will find them and post when I get home.

Finally videoed some agility training yesterday. I found this course on youtube, complete with course map. There are 3 different sequences & lots of challenges in each. So far we have only tried sequence 2. We are managing to get through it, but nowhere near as smoothly as the guy on youtube. I am pretty happy with the turns both girls are giving me, but am still not managing to get some some of the position I need to get to.

Here is the course if anyone is interested in trying it. It's FUN to run!

http://agilitynerd.com/blog/agility/course...2010-05-29.html

Edited by Vickie