Youtubing Dolers

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rubystar :eek: I told you I wasn't very tech minded :o

This is the first in a series. I'm not great at uploading so they will be short clips :happydance:

Deb when I click on the link - it takes me to MY Youtube videos....... so thanks for that as I had lost them LOL

:eek:

Deb, if you're after the link to YOUR YouTube channel, this is your link: http://www.youtube.com/user/bedazzledx2 :happydance:

LOVE the video of Brooklyn and Alex!!! :eek:

Yeah what a great training idea :eek:

I've done something similar with Daisy by taking her to our local dog park and getting her to work and focus with other dogs clambering on top of her, but it's not my favourite thing to do (I hate the dog park). I find it's hard too as I'll get other dogs jumping up on me trying to get the food.

We've had a few occasions where we've been training in the park in on lead areas and off leash dogs have run at us :o one was barking and growling and carrying on which was very disconcerting. I find it a lot harder to get Daisy's focus 100% in those situations, as she will break focus as the strange dog rushes at her, although it's usually quite quick to get her focus back. If I take her to the dog park where the dogs are already off leash, I have no problem getting her 110% focused on working when other dogs are jumping on top of her. If other dogs walk past us when we're training it's fine too. Damn off leash dogs rushing at us. It's a hard thing to train for as it's not like I want to find strange dogs to rush up to us!

This is Scooter doing directed jumping with a little interference from me!!!! :laugh:

Talk about a nasty pasty judge :laugh:

Deb and I have had to do a lot of distration work in directed jumping as judges tend to play with the clipboards, grab at their hats as they fly off, stand near the jump, wave their arms around and both our kids went through a stage of moving off when this happened.

Hmm I haven't seen a judge crouch down to distract the dog as it goes around to heel YET.......

You asked for it!!!! Here's the next one
OMG love it! :eek: Keep them coming!!

well this inspired me tonight, so I did signals with an extra dog... ella's son in staying with me for a few days and is quite a playful puppy so here I was heeling around the backyard ella glued to my side with Rave hanging off her neck! Send away to the box was also interesting with Rave chasing her the whole way there! I decided doing a scent discrimination would be a bit hard with him around so I chucked her favourite squeeky and another toy in amoung the articles!! LOL She did very well!!

Short video of Daisy from tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f--DRfQNhE

Cut it short because the neighbours kid came out to talk to us :eek: at least Daisy completely ignored him and sat in heel position waiting for him to go away :eek:

You can see the ugly bruise on my leg when I turn to one side too :rofl::) Daisy was a bit distracted at the start because the cat was playing with her bag of treats :D

ETA: PMSL I just realised you can hear the cat purring almost the entire time :rofl: She was like "ZOMG, a bag of lamb!"

Edited by huski

This is Scooter doing directed jumping with a little interference from me!!!! :shrug:

Talk about a nasty pasty judge :eek:

Deb and I have had to do a lot of distration work in directed jumping as judges tend to play with the clipboards, grab at their hats as they fly off, stand near the jump, wave their arms around and both our kids went through a stage of moving off when this happened.

Hmm I haven't seen a judge crouch down to distract the dog as it goes around to heel YET.......

I'm sorry but WHOSE dog is barking in the background?!?! I apologise in advance for having little tolerance for barking dogs but I want to slit my wrists by the end of your videos. :laugh:

'Your' being plural as they seem to be in the red dogs' videos and Brooklyn's videos. :wave:

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

By the looks of it, there are a few people down at the grounds training that evening. Could be anyone's dog/s? :laugh: I don't recall Sandi's tollers barking consistently like that, they're more high pitched anyway :wave:

edit to add: don't watch any videos with my Millie in the background then :eek:

Edited by RubyStar