Youtubing Dolers

PSST - Leopuppy - its possible bedazzled and I might be heading back to Victoria later in the year - maybe we could arrange a training session but hopefully you will have your box problems well and truely sussed by then. :thumbsup:

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you and bedazzled really need a trip to Adelaide Ptolomy - how else am I ever going to manage a UD leg if I don't have you standing outside the ring threatening to beat me if I screw up. Never mind the dog :thumbsup: .

PSST - Leopuppy - its possible bedazzled and I might be heading back to Victoria later in the year - maybe we could arrange a training session but hopefully you will have your box problems well and truely sussed by then. :cheer:

I'll be in on that even if I do have the box problems sorted :thumbsup:

I'm sure Leo and Kinta (and even Zara perhaps now!) will have problems of their own up their sleeve :cheer:

I'm loving Cider's finish, too, how cute is that!! :thumbsup:

Love the way she follows you to maintain heel position. Millie does that too, but no amount of trying will get Ruby doing it like Millie does!!

I've still got a loooooooooooong way to go (as you know :cheer:) but I can already sees things coming along better with Millie than with Ruby so I put that down to not only being a different dog, but hopefully due to me knowing a teensy bit more than I did when I started with Ruby. I hope by my 5th dog, I will be half as good as Ptolomy!!

ETA - just watched your vid Huski - have you tried rotating your shoulders slightly as you go around the cones? Perhaps throw a toy or a (large, easy to find) piece of food as she goes around the outside to really encourage that drive around. Dropping your shoulders slightly on the inside of the fig 8 will make it neater ;). Think of riding a motorbike.... LOL... just don't make it too exaggerated :love:

I have tried bending down a little more towards her which works but obviously I don't want to do it in the ring! Will give that ago thanks LP :rolleyes:

Huski - if it were one of mine that had the problem heeling around the outside of the cone - I would begin my rewarding every step around that cone - I would also break it down and only practice around the one cone. I would also make sure what I was looking at the cone and not at my dog as this turns your shoulders and helps pull the dog around.

Thanks Ptolomy! I've been breaking it down since that training session to try and get her doing it properly. I will try looking at the cone :(

PSST - Leopuppy - its possible bedazzled and I might be heading back to Victoria later in the year - maybe we could arrange a training session but hopefully you will have your box problems well and truely sussed by then. :angel:

Hey - wait a minute there - I thought bedazzled was planning to come back to Tasmania this year. You should make sure she does - and come with her :laugh: .

And with your and Cider's inspiration, I have been doing a bit more with Rory - only little bits, but I'm seeing progress. :heart:

But Tassie your going there in May anyway - I am jealous of you :laugh: .

Definitely keep the videos coming Ptolomy - I just sit Kenz down in front of the laptop for a while and tell her to take note - so far it appears to be working :heart: .

Edited by ness

But Tassie your going there in May anyway - I am jealous of you :laugh: .

Definitely keep the videos coming Ptolomy - I just sit Kenz down in front of the laptop for a while and tell her to take note - so far it appears to be working :heart: .

Oh that's true - but I don't know about them, but my head will be full of agiloity at that stage - and you knwo at my age there's not room for too much in there at any one time.

Hey - that's a good idea - I should sit Rory down in front of the screen - he likes watching TV :angel:

I have added three more clips to youtube - this time its Baby Beans UD Training last night - so seekback, box and signals.

Sorry I am at work - so can't post any links - but if you do a search on antollergee - I am sure you will find it.

I guess the $6 000 000 question is......do you think she is ready to pass a UD Trial on this sort of effort

:rasberry: actually I shouldn't laugh Ness decided she couldn't keep 4 feet on the ground while we were heeling the other night and she will be 10 later in the year :provoke: .

I do love Alex's enthusiasm for his work though.

Well my girls got an extra week off because it was to warm for club training tonight and we headed to the park and they played under the sprinklers - oh what a hard life they lead.

Edited by ness