Rally Obedience

I figured I would start a new thread as the old one was getting a bit cluttered and hard to sort out!!

I am starting to book seminars for 2010 and will add them here as they are confirmed. I will also indicate the areas that have expressed interest and are working towards having one.

Shepparton Obedience Club (Victoria)has booked a seminar for March 13-14th. I will post contact details for those wishing to get in touch and register.

A seminar in Adelaide and Perth are both tenative at this point, pending confirmation which hopefully will happen before the year is over. One is tentatively for the beginning of March, and the other is looking at sometime in June.

Keep an eye in here for updates and don't forget about the Rally Forum at:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/RallyODownUnder/

Only takes a moment to sign up, and it's a non email group to discuss the sport and announce upcoming seminars or matches.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is that? (apologizing for my geographical ignorance....) Any area can make this work...clubs have been organizing but it doesn't have to be...anyone is free to email or PM me for more details on how to have a seminar in your area.

Well to anyone who is thinking of going............. :eek: Go, Go Go :eek: .........It has been the most fun and informative seminar my hubby and I attended with the dogs. And our dogs loved it. Happy smily faces with tails wagging. And everyone who attended loved it. we haven't stopped talking about it. How to make obedience FUN :o

How to make obedience FUN :rofl:

Some of us (and our dogs) find regular obedience fun, too! :rofl: :rofl:

If Rally-O makes it to Perth I might come along for a looksee! :(

I was going to say the same thing about obedience :) .

We dont' intend to take over or toss out regular obedience....that's the furthest thing from our minds...we do want to offer however, to those that find the jump from novice to open a bit much, or have hit a wall with a dog that is ring sour or just burned out, an alternative and something very fun and relaxed.

I promote that Rally and Traditional obedience work together very well with improvements to both skills when both are done correctly.

There are still many tha will only think on the traditional lines and that's fine....but based on declining trial entries, we know (regardless of the country) that obedience needed a shot in the arm, and Rally is that shot. We see an increase in classes and more importantly trials. then we find that after some Rally has been done and success achieved, these people go back with a fresh attitude towards traditional obedience trialling as well as some that have only done Rally and never CCD or CD etc, and are now ready to tackle that. In the end, we have seen both sports/disciplines thrive since the introduction of Rally, and it is my hope that the same thing happens here.

I only know that the clubs that have held seminars, for the most part have gone on to offer classes and have mock trials with great success and the enthusiasm from owner/handlers and judges that have been to the seminar is over the moon.

Adelaide region by the way, has had a few issues with organizing a seminar (through one club that has been in contact with me and now waiting for the Meeting in March with the ANKC to see if they want to pursue the seminar based on the interest of the ANKC to this sport) I will post any new information as it comes available. For anyone with ANY club in ANY region however, feel free to email me for the outline to the seminar to see if your club or doggie group might be intersted or able to host a seminar.

We've had as few as 13 and as many as 25 attend.....

• 1 month later...

Me too RubyStar! :) Rally sounds like fun though and looks like it could compliment competition obedience. A link to the proposed new rules for Obedience, Rally and Tracking is here http://www.dogswest.com/

How to make obedience FUN :rock:

Some of us (and our dogs) find regular obedience fun, too! :p :eek:

If Rally-O makes it to Perth I might come along for a looksee! :rofl:

Not sure how popular it would be even with ANKC recognition here - I have had discussions with DogsSA people and most of these discussions have centered on the belief that Rally titles (along with Dances with Dogs titles) are a joke and not worth the paper they are written on.

I am sure Adelaide could get the minimum numbers to attend just not sure if there would be a club prepared to back the running of it.

Edited by ness

I think lots of new breeds will enter the ring here when Rally O takes off - Zero looooooves rally but gets quite bored in the normal obedience ring. I don't know why they would see rally as a joke - it requires just as many skills as OB, and I like that you can talk to your dog the whole way around. I find it more fun than OB and a lot more light hearted!