2010 Brags Thread

Yay Smisch, Jock and Den!!! Congrats!! So happy to see Jock back into it! :grouphug::cry:

Not really a brag from me tonight. OT (novice) was basically a repeat of last weekend. 34 Heelfree, 30 SFE, 37 Recall, COP 0. Silly girl did COP all week, every single time. Then in the ring, I told her to drop and she stared right at me and just stood there... No one knows what her problem is lol! Nice weather this time though :cry:

Where was the judge standing in the COP - do you think this had any bearing on what happened?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a mini brag from me and the crazy Labs. At the mock trial tonight I put Ruby into Open for the first time and Millie into Novice for the first time.

Ruby lacked attention at the beginning, something to do with being away with the fairies I think. But after I stopped and had a "chat" with her in her ear :rofl: she pulled it together and gave me some nice heelwork. Skipped the SFE as I didn't want to push my luck. Drop on recall she was a bit slow to react to the drop (hence me holding onto my signal longer than I should have), but she did it. Nice retrieve on the flat. Retrieve over solid jump, well, it needs work, but we haven't really trained it yet to be honest! I made a solid jump today so guess what is going to be worked on :) Change of positions, I opted not to go as far away from her as I should so I wouldn't set her up for failure, and she did them well :laugh:

The surprise of the night though was Millie. She usually has very good attention but is also very easy to lose her nose to the ground. Her nose didn't hit the ground once during heelwork and I don't think she took her eyes off me :laugh: Figure 8's need work, and her lovely finish has turned into a crooked one due to lack of training so I'm going to get back onto that one too :) SFE, just the one slight move of the front paw but otherwise lovely (for a Lab!! She puts her trialling sister to shame :))

I only have video of Ruby from tonight, wish I had gotten Millie on camera as it felt like quite lovely work :)

http://www.youtube.com/bingaling81

Edited by RubyStar

At the moment I'd rather be :) after getting home at midnight, had a :) & went to bed at 1am, I'm just not a night person :(. Bet your all asking what the hell I'm on about :). Weeeeell last night I took Pebbles to an obed. trial & :):):):laugh: she passed aaaaand got 2nd with a score of 193 :rofl: aaaaand got her CD title, :laugh::):). So I'm just a little happy with my Aussie girl at the moment :).

Thanks everyone.. News just in Jock ended up with 4th in both excellent Agility and Jumping :) that execellent agility pass was a shock to the system! and a Q in novice Gamblers FINALLY!! lol

We may earn our GD yet lol

Some lovely work RubyStar - just watching your videos now :) . Fantastic COP. One tip which might help with the ROH is to spend some time building value for taking the jump in the absence of asking for a retrieve. Like you would if you were training for agility. C/Ting the dog for offering to take the jump with you standing near it.

Ness had been trialling/training in agiltiy for years by the time I thought about training her for Open so already thought jumping was a pretty rewarding activity. Even Kenz who has been trained with agility in mind the moment you place her in front of a jump knows that she is going to be asked to jump it and with drive over.

Having value for jumping will also help with teaching the UD directed jumping exercise :laugh: . If they think taking a jump is rewarding they are less likely to decide to run straight up the middle, or at least in my experience.

ETA. I'd also be picking up your slow pace a bit. I think its a tad slow which is part of the reason Ruby lost attention.

Edited by ness

Thanks everyone.. News just in Jock ended up with 4th in both excellent Agility and Jumping :) that execellent agility pass was a shock to the system! and a Q in novice Gamblers FINALLY!! lol

We may earn our GD yet lol

Well done Smisch all your runs with Jock and Denver were great last night. I too had success at the trial last night Saxon came away with her 4th Q in Agility Excellent and also got her 1st Q in Novice Gamblers :laugh: I was not expecting that Q in gamblers as i thought we had stuffed up on the gamble but we did not. I am so proud of my girl.

At the moment I'd rather be :) after getting home at midnight, had a :) & went to bed at 1am, I'm just not a night person :(. Bet your all asking what the hell I'm on about :). Weeeeell last night I took Pebbles to an obed. trial & :):):):laugh: she passed aaaaand got 2nd with a score of 193 :rofl: aaaaand got her CD title, :laugh::):). So I'm just a little happy with my Aussie girl at the moment :(.

YAY!! Congrats!!!! :) Video? :D

At the moment I'd rather be :) after getting home at midnight, had a :) & went to bed at 1am, I'm just not a night person :(. Bet your all asking what the hell I'm on about :). Weeeeell last night I took Pebbles to an obed. trial & :):):):laugh: she passed aaaaand got 2nd with a score of 193 :rofl: aaaaand got her CD title, :laugh::):). So I'm just a little happy with my Aussie girl at the moment :(.

YAY!! Congrats!!!! :) Video? :D

Seconded :(

Some lovely work RubyStar - just watching your videos now :) . Fantastic COP. One tip which might help with the ROH is to spend some time building value for taking the jump in the absence of asking for a retrieve. Like you would if you were training for agility. C/Ting the dog for offering to take the jump with you standing near it.

Ness had been trialling/training in agiltiy for years by the time I thought about training her for Open so already thought jumping was a pretty rewarding activity. Even Kenz who has been trained with agility in mind the moment you place her in front of a jump knows that she is going to be asked to jump it and with drive over.

Having value for jumping will also help with teaching the UD directed jumping exercise :laugh: . If they think taking a jump is rewarding they are less likely to decide to run straight up the middle, or at least in my experience.

ETA. I'd also be picking up your slow pace a bit. I think its a tad slow which is part of the reason Ruby lost attention.

Ta :) I made a solid jump yesterday so plan on working on this without the dumbell for a bit. She was only introduced to this exercise on Monday and hasn't done it since Monday so I'm not surprised it wasn't very good :) I also know after last night that she needs a good run up both sides to get over the jump cos she's such a sack of potatoes when she jumps. The height was only at 350 too and she touched it, I fear how she's going to go at her correct height :) I'll gradually be taking that height up for her. As for slow pace, possibly, but slow pace she usually focuses well in, its the fast pace I lose her in that needs more work :)

Just a mini brag from me and the crazy Labs. At the mock trial tonight I put Ruby into Open for the first time and Millie into Novice for the first time.

Some really nice work Rubystar :laugh:

Ruby looked great RS! Nice COP :) Wish you'd gotten Millie on tape!

I know me too :) I have very little to document Millie. I asked Mum to come last night to film us but she said she couldn't be bothered! Although she's keen to see Millie work :rofl:

At the moment I'd rather be :) after getting home at midnight, had a :) & went to bed at 1am, I'm just not a night person :(. Bet your all asking what the hell I'm on about :). Weeeeell last night I took Pebbles to an obed. trial & :):):(:) she passed aaaaand got 2nd with a score of 193 :) aaaaand got her CD title, :D :rock::). So I'm just a little happy with my Aussie girl at the moment :D.

A huge congratulations to you and Pebbles and now onto open the fun stuff :):):)