2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats TerraNik, great score :thumbsup:

Well done SmoothieGirl! How was the weather down there today? Have you been going to Nyora? If so you have met me too! I had to sable border collie pup at the last couple of clinics.

Hi Jules, I remember you and little Amber, yep, I was at Nyora last weekend and the last three clinics.

The weather was, hmmmm, changeable is probably the nicest way to put it. Just before all the testing it pelted down, then is was mostly dry and sometimes sunny during the testing. During presentations when luckily we were all inside, it chucked it down again.

Seems like it was a very successful weekend for many of us, I hope there are many more to come!!!! Congratulations everyone :laugh:

Yay to Luke and Barkly! You guys breezed through novice.. now its time to play with the big dogs :thumbsup:

congrats to Lia and Kaos you guys have come such a long way too!

And congrats to everyone else sounds like we all had a great weekend

Agility dogs I'll see you next weekend :laugh:

Great work guys. Very jealous of those who have been passing HT's. It is my one regret with the puppies that we don't get to play with sheep any more. :laugh:

On the upside Miss Xena completed her MAAD (Masters Australian Agility Dog) title with ADAA last night. It is made up of 7 open/advanced agility and jumping passes (at least 3 agility - she has 5) and 3 games titles (at least one snooker or gamblers in the mix).

It was a really nice run on a tricky jumping course and to top it off she won! WOO HOO!

Mr CK ran really well in all his runs for the night and showed some great speed. Our Not for Competition class is just awesome for building confidence.

Back to ANKC trials next weekend and easy courses. :thumbsup: (We are still only in novice and excellent there).

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Well done on the MAAD!

I did my first CCD trial.

9/10 for SFE-I was stoked as Condy has battled with this-surely I mean play with the judge not SFE!

19/20 for recall

10/10 sit stay

10/10 drop stay

Best not to mention the heeling-the handler had a major attack of nerves. In spite of that Cindy did well and scored 14/30 so we were close.

9/10 for SFE-I was stoked as Condy has battled with this-surely I mean play with the judge not SFE!

19/20 for recall

10/10 sit stay

10/10 drop stay

Best not to mention the heeling-the handler had a major attack of nerves. In spite of that Cindy did well and scored 14/30 so we were close.

Gees considering all the SFE issues you have been having you should be really pleased with this - well done :thumbsup:

Now to work on the heeling :laugh:

19/20 for recall

10/10 sit stay

10/10 drop stay

Gees considering all the SFE issues you have been having you should be really pleased with this - well done :thumbsup:

Now to work on the heeling :D

You are right I was thrilled with the SFE. Cindy did very well until the figure of 8. She did not miss a singls sit/drop/stand but at the figure of 8 just lagged and would not keep in close. I think that I am been training around poles and she was a bit freaked by going around people. I lost my footwork and never recovered. I was a bit surprised as I thought I may have scrapped a pass. The judge was great though and very encouraging! Must be a DOLer! LOL.

Cindy's heeling is usually pretty spot on, Sue could even blame it on me as I was working on her auto sits yesterday and did an NRM which she is not used to - oops! :D Btw did she get all the auto sits Sue?

Sue has done really awesomely to get Cindy ready, considering Cindy was trained in a traditional style school previously. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to come video the next trial! :cry:

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

Cindy's heeling is usually pretty spot on, Sue could even blame it on me as I was working on her auto sits yesterday and did an NRM which she is not used to - oops! :D Btw did she get all the auto sits Sue?

Sue has done really awesomely to get Cindy ready, considering Cindy was trained in a traditional style school previously. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to come video the next trial! :cry:

You and your videos! She did get all her auto sits and a perfect heel as part of the recall. I don't think she was confused with what we did I think I let my nerves get the better of me and had trouble keeping a regular speed in my heeling. She did every sit and drop AND STAND! She was better with the light weight lead.

Thanks for your vote of confidence and support os my prep with her. I have only been working on her trial prep for about 7 months so I am pleased.

Now about that video....... :cry:

Well what a weekend we have had. At the agility trial yesterday we had a great run in the JDX class, came 1st in the height and 5th overall, giving us our first Qual in JDX. Had a not so good run in the Novice Agility class, went clear apart from missing one jump on the last section.....arghh. Overall I was happy with how he ran though, and I just love it when all the training pays off and you start working as a team. Doesnt happen all the time, but when it does it's a great feeling!

Then at the show today, won our class and got Challenge Dog, so very happy with that :thumbsup:

That's my little brag :D I hope everyone else had a successful weekend too.

Wow lots of brags posted today! Congrats to everyone on an awesome weekend of competing! :thumbsup: No trials for me til end of May, what am I going to do with myself :D

Create a new record - highest number of DOL posts in a single month

OR EVEN BETTER

come over to Melbourne and catch up on my ironing!