Melbourne Pet Expo 2010.

whitka

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lappiemum: I highly recommend it. I have gone 3 yrs in a row :thumbsup: only last year i had a stand so couldnt leave to look at as much things as i wanted to. I did manage to see the breed stands though and got some golden cuddles.

May do the Saturday - sunday i think is a Kepala day....

• 1 month later...

I am going to Caulfield Expo as a display stand with Rabbits Friday and Saturday and I am unsure what way to go. Last year my friend took me with her but she's not going this year and dont really wish to take 6 rabbits on a train!

I am going from Mill Park and if possible want to avoid freeways! I dont drive so have got my mum to take me and drop us off, and she REALLY hates driving on freeways as all the signs here there and everywhere scare her.

Any help appreciated.

Pointees: I find Saturday VERY busy. Well it was last year. This will be my 4th year going. First two i went to look and buy stuff and it wasnt overly crowded in there on the friday. Saturday more people coming through.

Think I might try to go. :eat: Sounds interesting, and all those cuddles sound great! :eek:

Is there a website? Do you know what time it starts? Where it is? Etc?

It's at Caulfield Racecourse. 10 am - 5 pm each day, I think, although one source said 10-4 on Friday. There is a website but it has very little info - just type in Melbourne Pet Expo and you should get onto it. I think entry was $15 this year with discounts for seniors, etc.

Does anyone know if it's worth going on the Friday, or is there less to see that day?

LC: Head down Plenty Rd to the Bypass, head towards Heidelberg and Burke Rd. Once you are on Burke Rd follow it until the end at the Princes Hwy. Once at the Princes Hwy go straight across. You will see Monash Uni's Caulfield Campus it should be on your right, I think there is a park/oval on the left then turn left at the little roundabout continue on under the railway bridge and you will see Caulfield Racecourse. I used to do this trip frequently you have to go through Camberwell Junction and Burke Road can be a bit slow at times. Trying to get from north to south can be a pain sometimes. I would leave at least an hour for the trip

Alternatively try Hoddle St/Punt Rd and the Princes Hwy

Ill be there sat, maybe sunday (pending babysitter, as I find it too busy for kids AND dogs!)

Lucycharzie, where are you situated? Ah just ssaw Mill Park, the opposite side to me :laugh: otherwise I could have taken you :rofl: Sorry :laugh:

Edited by Missymoo

Hi all, i've worked out which way to go, allowing about an hour just in case. I'm planning to get there at about 9am so that there will be someone i can ring inside to come out to help me carry a HUGE 5kg English Angora and a playpen to put it in.

I better start packing for tomorrow and get an early night soon or else i will burn out the next 2 days and not be able to go to kepala sunday.