Toy Poodle With Papers In Petshop ?

Christina

Is this allowed in Victoria now ? :laugh:

Here is some of the ad, as I don't think I am allowed to post it all.

TOY POODLE PUPPIES, PARENTS, PAPERS COME WITH PUPPIES TINY LITTLE BUNDLES OF JOY 1 MALE APRICOT $1200.00 OUR PUPPIES COME WITH 7 DAY HEALTH GUARANTEE, VET CHECKED, VACCINATED, MICROCHIPPED, FLEA & WORM TREATED, DISCOUNT VET VOUCHER AND GROOMING VOUCHER. WE ALSO INCLUDE A SIX WEEK INJURY INSURANCE POLICY. ASK IN STORE FOR DETAILS.,

What was with all these strict welfare laws that they are supposedly enforcing ?

Nice ethical breeder :)

Edited by Christina

One the other side of the coin, it doesnt specify what the papers are. I believe some pet shops advertise like that however the papers are actually vaccination certificates, not pedigree papers. We assume thats what they mean, but it may not be.

TOY POODLE PUPPIES, PARENTS, PAPERS COME WITH PUPPIES TINY LITTLE BUNDLES OF JOY 1 MALE APRICOT $1200.00 OUR PUPPIES COME WITH 7 DAY HEALTH GUARANTEE, VET CHECKED, VACCINATED, MICROCHIPPED, FLEA & WORM TREATED, DISCOUNT VET VOUCHER AND GROOMING VOUCHER. WE ALSO INCLUDE A SIX WEEK INJURY INSURANCE POLICY. ASK IN STORE FOR DETAILS.,

What was with all these strict welfare laws that they are supposedly enforcing ?

Does it mean the parents' papers come with the puppies?

as an aside, the RSPCA and other rescue groups

want to put (and some already are)

their puppies/dogs in pet shops for exposure

so I guess what's the difference?

I often wonder about what Papers mean to a pet purchaser. As an ex registered cat breeder, there are obliously software products that allow you to easily print off Pedigree papers for a cat litter. So you can easily product pedigree papers for a liter of kittens. Can a pet store not do this as well from parents papers?

Does it mean the parents' papers come with the puppies?

as an aside, the RSPCA and other rescue groups

want to put (and some already are)

their puppies/dogs in pet shops for exposure

so I guess what's the difference?

Cannington PP have live pets in the windows and posters inside taken from Pet Rescue!

Sounds to me like they mean that the pup comes with copies of the parents papers.

Yes it does sounds like that.

I'm not sure about that. When I was looking at papillon pups at PP here in NSW they wouldn't reveal the source of the pups, assuring me that they came from breeders that they had checked. They want to protect their sources so customers don't go straight to the breeder. If you get to see the parents papers you would know where they come from...which I think could be against the chain's policy.

Sounds to me like they mean that the pup comes with copies of the parents papers.

I'm not sure about that. When I was looking at papillon pups at PP here in NSW they wouldn't reveal the source of the pups, assuring me that they came from breeders that they had checked. They want to protect their sources so customers don't go straight to the breeder. If you get to see the parents papers you would know where they come from...which I think could be against the chain's policy.

That's because they came from a puppy farm...

That's because they came from a puppy farm...

Not nessecarily. I worked at a PP 10 years ago and a registered breeder was going away and couldn't find homes for two of her puppies and asked us to sell them. She showed us copies of the parents papers and photos. We never got/gave out copies of the parents papers though.

Back when we sold puppies years ago one of the last puppies we sold was from a registered breeder that couldn't sell it, it was an uncommon breed.

One of the courier drivers that comes to us is a Registered Breeder of a Bull Breed and makes comments such as "Pity you don't sell pups, we could help each other out".

I have seen Registered Breeders take accidental litters or pups that had issues before to a shelter .

I would say it certainly isn't common, but it would happen.

Then again I know of someone that buys puppies on main register and breeds pups for the pet shop market, she also crosses them so it would be easy just to take copies of the parents papers and show clients, the pups may not be registered but the parents were.