Dry Food Storage?

Oscar (AmBull)

We've got the Rubbermaid Scoop-n-store - The largest one, not sure what the exact size is but it takes a 22kg bag of Uncle Albers no problems, and i love the scoop integrated into the underside of the lid, so nice and easy to measure how many cups you're feeding. Got it from Petwise in Redcliffe - $54 i think. good investment though. We just have it outside beside Sophie's bowl - she's never been interested in trying to get into it or knock it over, :( not yet anyway!

I don't buy dry anymore but when we did it was the 20kg bags of Nutrience which took me forever to go through :(

I bought one of the small rubbermaid pet food containers from Big W which holds around 5kg of food. I would fill it up and then seal the Nutrience bag up with duct tape and store it in the spare room until we ran out. Then when the small container was empty I would give it a wash, fill it up again, reseal the big bag and so on.

I figured that the less air the food was exposed to the fresher it would stay and this worked really well. And the bonus was that I could still easily lift the food container when need be -no way I could do that with 20kg!

Now Kei is on raw I use the container to store all his dry treats ;)

• 1 month later...

I have the advance 10 and 20 kg barrels here. I also bought a screw top container for the dog bone biscuits from the local produce. I think they used to be Chlorine containers, so make sure you wash them out very very well. I think they have been washed prior to sale, but I extra washed them.

I buy my food in bulk, so I also have one of those old tin travelling chests/Blanket Box where I store the extra bags until I am ready for them.

I bought a Mini Wheelie Bin, It holds 20kg of Maverick's dry food.

It is easy to move around as it is on wheels and it is a lovely lime green colour :laugh:

It was something like $20 from Target

I have a Pink one :( bought from Sams Warehouse ....ummmm not that I use it :laugh:

but maybe one day it will hold dry dog food .

Before I used large Plastuc clip lid garbage bin which now hilds the kitty litter.