Online Pet Supply Stores ?

I used to use vetnpetdirect but have noticed that not only do they don't want to recognise my existing account with them , their websites safety rating is now listed as red ( unsafe) so I'm looking for a new online pet supply store

mainly for Frontline Plus and Heartgard Plus , any suggestions ? It's easier for me to buy online

their websites safety rating is now listed as red ( unsafe) so I'm looking for a new online pet supply store

There website safety is fine, I've used them many times since they got that rating without issue. The problem is that anyone can rate using WOT without having to provide evidence for their rating - get one bad rating on your site without enough good ones to offset it, and you will have a "red" rating.

All "bad" ratings for the site (2 out of 9 ratings) are because VetnPetDirect is listed on http://www.nabp.net/ip2.asp - an American website which lists "Internet drug outlets which appear to be out of compliance with state and federal laws or NABP patient safety and pharmacy practice standards." Reasons for being listed on that site relate to not being domiciled in the USA, not being registered with the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), etc. I would certainly question how legitimate their being listed on that site actually is.

The account thing was a pain, I agree. It appears to be because they changed their shopping cart software and were unable to port all the customer accounts across, requiring customers having to re-setup their accounts.

Edited by Allerzeit

i needed some flea treatment for Flash urgently so went to my vets. it was $118 but she offered it to me for $87.00 as she says that she knows that i normally get it off the internet and she was sorry couldn't go any lower than that. it was actually the same price as vetpetdirect without paying for postage.

my suggestion is go and ask the vets if they will give it to you for the same price, worth a try and take the internet prices in. Ann did look on line before she told me what I could have it for.

I've used Priceless Pets for ages thanks to a DOLer's recommendation some time ago.

Now that we're in Brissy, I can actually go to their vet practice to buy...so I save on postage (but then again, I have to drive there...it's about 8 kms from home, I think).

Wouldn't shop elsewhere for heartworm and flea/tick products. :o

I buy from vetnpetdirect all the time - great service and great prices - totally reliable and have been very generous with discounts at times when I've spoken to them on the phone. I just ordered a sighthound collar for a friend and some other things - got here in no time with a little free gift included (as usual). I can't recommend them enough.

You just need to re-set your account with them - it's gone out of whack since they set up their new (excrutiatingly slow for us folks still stuck with dialup!!!) website.

Great resource! I had to get some for my cats from the vet yesterday and I paid more for the 3 months supply than they're charging for the 6 month supply on here! Didn't even know you could get them elsewhere, how silly am I?

I use www.dogfood.com.au - they are super quick and cheap. I think you'll find them heaps cheaper than vetnpet, and they sell pretty much all dog (and cat) stuff - not just food. Plus I can use paypal which is my preferred payment method for safety reasons.

Live in Melbourne and go to Clipper World. They are cheaper than Priceless Pets for some things and will better their prices for me if not.

I live close enough to drop in to Clipperworld, there prices are great. When I have ordered online I have had no problems. I got my Joint guard in the 750gm today at a bargain price.

I bought flea treatment from pricelesspets for the first time last week and am very happy with their service. Way cheaper from them than what we've been paying at vets/pet supply stores and it's the cheapest place for Frontline Plus that I could find on the net. Delivery was super quick too (and I'm in Perth).

ebay! I get most of my "over the counter" stuff (flea, tick, heartworm and sasha's) for the dogs and cat....and lizard....and turtle.... on there and there are really good prices! I've actually been able to pick up a lot of stuff on there cheaper than I can ordering through a friend that is able to purchase stuff for me at wholesale prices

• 4 months later...

I just got an email about free shipping until June 7 with Vet-N-Pet Direct. You have to enter the promo code, which is FREESHIP6

(I checked the rules and decided it is probably ok to share this, but please let me know if it's not! I am a customer, not an employee of that company)

Edited to fix date!

Edited by cazxxz

I have used lovemypets I think it was called..

I had a quote to buy 6 months of flea/worm/heartworm treatment from the vet for 2 dogs (36kg and 5kg) for $256, and I went to that site and paid $160.

I was stoked....

I have also used dogtagssomethingorother for my dogs tags obviously lol

Both were really good and goods were shipped very quickly