Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

:banghead: Anytime Jess, I am always here, or never far away. As soon as I know for sure the dates I'll update my ticker :laugh:

Poppyx ~ 4 Days...jeepers I'd be a nervous wreck.....hope it goes fast for you....And promise lots of pictures OK? Or we will gang up on you and stick our tongues out at you ;)

BF

sounds good we shouldnt b to far from each other lol i find out in 4 weeks wen the pups are due

Sorry Poppy, you've probably said this previously, but where is your pup travelling to/from? I worry about my girl travelling in a few weeks from Sydney to Adelaide! But yours sounds quite a bit longer!!!

Poppyx ~ At least your baby will get to sleep in the car on the way home....what an exhausting day that will be. But at least now you have a day and time....so :laugh:

I have been trying to catch up on my studies.....I am so behind, but its hard to think narrative novels V's Pug puppies..... :) I think you can guess which wins hands down :rofl: so I have been forcing myself to do studying....so slowly getting there. I'm glad I will be having a 6 month break after this unit. I want to be with my baby, and I have the birth of Grandchild #5 coming in September, and I won't miss that for the world.

At the moment we have been trying to see if we can get together enough money to put a deposit on the 5 week old pug I originally found, she's now 5 weeks 5 days. If not we should have the total amount when she turns 8 weeks. We are just hoping she is still for sale then.....if not its still ok as we have the other 2 breeders with pregnant females....so no biggy.....but....we'd love to get this little girl. So its just a matter of waiting and seeing how things go....my fingers are crossed, so are the girls and OH... :rofl:

BF

Hi everyone :rofl:

BF, I went through a stage of considering a pug but there were a few issues so I decided against a pug, although the breed I have chosen comes with it's own issues :laugh: (heart problems and anal gland expression being on the list :rofl: ) LOL. Pugs are gorgeous though so lots of piccies are a must and I hope to meet the little one in RL one day this year, LOL

I am "laybying" my pup :) I trust the breeder explicably and won't be going through anyone else, I'm first in line for the two litters she has coming up and if nothing eventuates there, I'll just wait a little longer :rofl:

Jodi

Bluefairy

I know what you mean, I have an assignment due two days before our pup arrives and I just can't get motivated to do it. I am too excited about my pups arrival and want to spend my spare time on the puppy forum!

I just found out it will cost us $1200 to fly our pup to Tas for our Christmas holidays and return, what to do? Kennel maybe? :(

Costa's Mum

Costamum ~ :) Oh my.....are they planning on using a solid gold crate for the trip. I cannot believe its $1200 for a pup to fly....do you have any friends or family who could look after the pup at your place or theirs? I have been to two kennels.....and no way in hell would I take my dog back to either of them....it was awful....

The only time we are going away soon is for my son's wedding and thats only overnight. But the pup (the one I have just managed to scrounge the deposit for) is 8 weeks 5 days after...phew so that works out great for us. Now just to talk OH into maxing out the credit card :( Knowing him he'll jump at the chance :rofl: cross your fingers

BF

Yes $1200 is ridiculous!! I really want him to come with us but I am not sure how he will cope with the long flights. So I am going to keep my options open, start saving, book a kennel and listen out for house sitters. I really don't like the idea of a kennel but I don't have any family up here to look after him, I will consider getting a house sitter but I will just see how things pan out. I have plenty of time yet to sort it out.

Poppyx - i am so excited for you. I am still waiting for our flight details for next week. I can't wait to see some photos of your lovely pup!

One of the ladies on the Pug thread had asked me if I am going to show my pup....I said no as I wanted her desexed....but apparently they show neutered dogs now.....so I am thinking of it. I have never done this before, so not sure if I'm up to this or not. Might be nice to have a puppy win ribbons......I don't care even if its a 3rd place.....but wow wouldn't that be nice? So I am looking into it at the moment :D Ghee I can get talked into anything :(

BF

Some shows will have a neuter section in them but the dog or bitch still has to be on Mains Registration to be shown - I think most of the dogs that compete in the neuter class tend to be older dogs that were show dogs originally but still enjoy a run around the ring .....

You'd be best to get a mains registered pug if you want to show - chat to your breeder about it and see what they say

all this talk of deposits and money ! yes ill join the club ! this is my first time buying purebred so the accounts are certainly feeling it! just scraped up the deposits ha

im in the work club too. had 2 assignments due on 23rd... just finished one. i really cannot be bothered with the second ! i have a puppy coming in 3 days! i will be so busy.

guess i better get working on it tonight :D lacking inspiration!

Fiona ~ I'm not real fussed about showing, so I don't care if I get a mains or limited registered pup....it just means something else I have to do, and my life is so full as it is, there's just nothing of me left. Pups start showing at 3 months, desexed at 6 months so they have 6mth classes in the neutered section for puppies. I was told they did it mainly as it disadvantaged those who had show quality dogs but wanted or had to desex their dogs. I think its great they have changed this now.

Lily ~ Yes its very exciting, I have just come online again hoping to have heard back from the breeder that this puppy is sold or available. Hopefully she has pictures. If she's ours I'll be in here like a shot and show her off to everyone.....waiting, waiting, waiting.... :D

Poppyx ~ I did updates on my computer today, so I put the laptop on the chair and got stuck into my studying, I have my first assignment in 2 weeks, and I haven't done hardly any of the work or readings yet :( so I managed to get through some of it, still lots to go....but getting there.

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

I've been reading through some of the crate training threads, and it sounds like a great idea for toilet training! What size do you think would be best for Maggie? She will be a 10 week old Golden Retriever when we get her, but we obviously want it to last her a while. Any ideas? :D

Ive been quietly lurking in the background, and I have finally become brave enough to post here :o

We have just welcomed our new little bundle of joy, into our home...

He is a Cattle Dog, and joins our 2 older ACD's, Yana and Clancy, (both retired from the ring, and breeding), and our 3 Basenji's, Saba, Ochre and Vanda. So the numbers of ACD v's Basenji's, is now even !!!

He is 8 1/2 weeks old, and came to us from Victoria. Since the naming of the above 2 'oldies', we have somehow ended up with a food theme, in the ACD's names. So he isnt named as yet, Mr R is still trying to pick his favourite from the short list of 2 :( :D . Waiting, waiting, waiting !!!

We have had few accidents in the house, but they are completely human errors... We had a really good night with him last night. Put to bed in the crate, a couple of little whinges, then asleep till 4.30am when he woke me, took him out for the longest wee an 8 and a half week old little baby could ever, ever do ;) :o . Back to bed, just a couple of whinges, then asleep till the alarm went off... Very happy with that :D :( Just hoping it continues :) .

Pics soon...

ohh yes piccies! need more :) where are all the new puppy owners?!

i cant believe it ! 2 days!!

its all done and dusted, everyone paid up.....costed us $990 all up ! most i have ever spent to buy a dog so :(

arghhhhhh!!!

Lauren ~ I'm not sure on size for a larger dog, I got the 36" one for my French Bulldog, that turned into a Pug :(

Rajacadoo ~ Congrats on the new puppy. And welcome to the thread. Lots of pics....

Poppyx ~ Well done. My dog is going to cost between $1400 to $1500 :) but worth every penny.

I have just had contact with the breeder with the 5wk old puppy, and we both misinterpreted what each was saying and ended up in a heated discussion :) I hate emails for this very reason :) it all started when I asked for a picture of the pup. She didn't know how to send one, so I asked for a mms via mobile and she said her phone doesn't take pictures and she didn't know how to do it, so she thinks we better leave things as they are.....I was so upset by her refusing to sell me a pup, that I thought she was making excuses and wasn't being honest and just tell me what I had done wrong for her to say no.....anyway I have emailed her back apologising for pretty much being an idiot, and for not understanding what she was saying, and that with emails you can't get through what you mean....so now waiting for a reply. She wanted us to come and meet her and the pup, but she lives 3hrs one way. OH works shift work and I need him to drive me, plus its not just drop everything and go, its an all day trip. The only time I can go is 6th April.....

I feel like an idiot for getting her emails wrong, though she did it to me too. Just proves how quickly things can go pear shaped, so doesn't look like I will get this puppy after all.... :o

BF

i know how you feel i have been there!!

it has taking me since what, last august to finally find the right pup for me....

i was exchanging emails with one breeder for a while and we though this is it , this is our pup! .... ended up too difficult AND she sold it because communicating was hard....

so breeder after breeder and we finally found something...... expensive, long flight, transport companies that just dont want to co operate................ thats why i find it hard to believe that is almost over.........

waiting for that reply is always hard.....i spent every day every ten minutes looking for that email! and fianlly its there! and you just ake a deep breath hoping its good news... or pictures!

I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU, !!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Poppyx ~ Good Luck for tomorrow :laugh:

Well as this breeder hasn't bothered to reply, she is now off my list. I am so glad I won't be buying a puppy from her. I don't feel bad about it now, I realise there is a problem and its not with me. I have no idea how this woman manages to sell puppies.....I feel the pup was not meant for me....and I'm grateful now it wasn't.

OH cut down our Cherry Tree today....we had the biggest harvest of Cherries last year, over 10kg. They were so delicious. I wish we could have kept it, but its poisonous and so its out of our garden now.

Ok back to the books :laugh:

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

Good luck tomorrow Poppyx, how exciting the time has almost come! 7 days for me! The days are passing so slowly....

I will be thinking about you tomorrow, can't wait to see puppy photos!

Bluefairy - Yes it is best to think of it that way, we missed out on a couple when we started looking and we just figured it worked out that way for a reason. The perfect pup will soon come your way.

Costas Mum