Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Lauren,

I have had 3 dogs from interstate, 2 came in a crate owned by the airline, so I just took the pup. The other one, the breeder supplied the crate (one of those plastic ones, with 2 halves that snap together and has a wire cage door), this I got to take home. It was a small one but wouldn't have done her as an adult.

Maybe ask your breeder if the crate is supplied by the pet transport company or the airline?

BF

she is home finally.

after we picked her up, she was so licky and friendly, took her to mums as she lives close to airport and our place is an hr drive home. Took all the pics there, she was very friendly and already knows how to sit. she followed me like a shadow!

then we went to see an uncles new house she slept on their couch the whole time! .. they have a ACD x BC x Kelpie, shes nice but wanted nothing to do with my girl.

then went home at about 3, SHE WAS SO GOOD IN THE CAR TRIPS! honestly she just sits on me! anyway everyone who meets her lovees her colouring and are like 'thats not a bc!' haha.

the BC likeness is really coming out now, she wants to chase the cats and she nips at heels so we'll have to work on that...

shes sleeping in the kitchen at the moment. thank God, though i'd never get on here. have a pile of work today.

have to separate her from the two little house dogs by a gate at the moment because they are psycho and teach her bad habits.

as for toileting , SHE HAS A GREAT BLADDER!!

um... shes horrible on the lead, i have it on her but loosely so i can stop her when she jumps at the cats, but she does NOT like to be walked... so my eveing walk with my older BC and her will be very interesting!

WILL POST PICS WHEN I FIND THE CORD TO UPLOAD!!!

as she is very loyal she followed us off leash up the back of the property with my other Border, the snapping at heels got a bit much at some points but got better.

also she ran through all the muddy puddles and was filthy so had a little bath, was very good.

at tea time she slept at my feet, then on me, just had to pass her on to someone else to get on here, she was staring at me but now asleep,

sorry if theres too many pics :coffee:

here goes.

24563_1295324901286_1175240548_30741840_1123677_n.jpg24563_1295324941287_1175240548_30741841_437065_n.jpg24563_1295542826734_1175240548_30742437_3095526_n.jpg

Colour shot:24563_1295542866735_1175240548_30742438_2222290_n.jpg

being bothered by the terriers: 24563_1295592547977_1175240548_30742487_2695219_n.jpg

24563_1295542906736_1175240548_30742439_92910_n.jpg

Poppy your puppy is delicious! that last photo is the Bomb! :coffee::wave: :wave: ;) Wish I could just cuddle her all up

Is it just me or is every photo on this thread just toooo cute and getting cuter! :sleep::o ;)

Thanks BF and Fiona,

You've made some good points! I think perhaps I might get the adult size crate, so that I can keep it for whatever reason might come up! I guess I'll have t get a wire crate then, and get a divider for the first part!

I was looking at the fabric crates on Vebo, at they looked much more homely, but I don't think you are able to section them off?

Me and my OH just need to get used to the idea that it is a safe/happy place, rather than a prison like it looks! - That's why we liked the fabric ones better. Maybe we'll just get one of the 'pretty' covers for the wire crate to make it look a little happier!

Also, do you guys have any idea what my pup might travel in on the plane? Because if that's a crate, does that mean you keep it, or does it stay with the airline? I have no idea as yet what airline/freight company she is coming on.

you can section off the fabric ones - we only got the wire crate this year with the new pup - Mortimer the older boy had a fabric K9 one since he came home in 2008 - all we did was pack the back half of the crate with old blankets/towels from the linen cupboard and then cut a piece of MDF to the same shape as the crate inside and put that up - we didn't have a chewer which is why the fabric crate was fine and we used the same piece of MDF for Archie this year when he came home - also not a chewer and now he is toilet trained at 15 weeks we removed the MDF insert and gave him the full run of the crate at night

You can buy crate covers or just drape some nice fabric over the crate to make it look better - trust me once you add a nice bed to the base, some soft toys and a cute puppy, the whole prison appearance disappears

puppy should arrive at the airport in a crate (it will look different to the soft crates or the wire ones) it depends on whether or not you've paid for the crate as part of your shipping cost or whether or not it has been rented or owned by the breeder - have a chat to them and see what they say - but it will be a small crate rather than a big one if it is for shipping a puppy ....

Thanks BF and Fiona,

You've made some good points! I think perhaps I might get the adult size crate, so that I can keep it for whatever reason might come up! I guess I'll have t get a wire crate then, and get a divider for the first part!

I was looking at the fabric crates on Vebo, at they looked much more homely, but I don't think you are able to section them off?

Me and my OH just need to get used to the idea that it is a safe/happy place, rather than a prison like it looks! - That's why we liked the fabric ones better. Maybe we'll just get one of the 'pretty' covers for the wire crate to make it look a little happier!

Also, do you guys have any idea what my pup might travel in on the plane? Because if that's a crate, does that mean you keep it, or does it stay with the airline? I have no idea as yet what airline/freight company she is coming on.

you can section off the fabric ones - we only got the wire crate this year with the new pup - Mortimer the older boy had a fabric K9 one since he came home in 2008 - all we did was pack the back half of the crate with old blankets/towels from the linen cupboard and then cut a piece of MDF to the same shape as the crate inside and put that up - we didn't have a chewer which is why the fabric crate was fine and we used the same piece of MDF for Archie this year when he came home - also not a chewer and now he is toilet trained at 15 weeks we removed the MDF insert and gave him the full run of the crate at night

You can buy crate covers or just drape some nice fabric over the crate to make it look better - trust me once you add a nice bed to the base, some soft toys and a cute puppy, the whole prison appearance disappears

puppy should arrive at the airport in a crate (it will look different to the soft crates or the wire ones) it depends on whether or not you've paid for the crate as part of your shipping cost or whether or not it has been rented or owned by the breeder - have a chat to them and see what they say - but it will be a small crate rather than a big one if it is for shipping a puppy ....

Poppy - she is just beautiful!

Fiona - thanks for the advice! I think we'll go the wire crate, just incase she is a chewer!

as she is very loyal she followed us off leash up the back of the property with my other Border, the snapping at heels got a bit much at some points but got better.

also she ran through all the muddy puddles and was filthy so had a little bath, was very good.

at tea time she slept at my feet, then on me, just had to pass her on to someone else to get on here, she was staring at me but now asleep,

sorry if theres too many pics :coffee:

here goes.

24563_1295324901286_1175240548_30741840_1123677_n.jpg24563_1295324941287_1175240548_30741841_437065_n.jpg24563_1295542826734_1175240548_30742437_3095526_n.jpg

Colour shot:24563_1295542866735_1175240548_30742438_2222290_n.jpg

being bothered by the terriers: 24563_1295592547977_1175240548_30742487_2695219_n.jpg

24563_1295542906736_1175240548_30742439_92910_n.jpg

Beautiful

Oh Poppy, she is so lovely!! What a cutie! So glad the day went well, what a good little pup. How old is she? Does she have a name?

5 days for me..... waiting waiting.

She is 9 weeks old as of yesterday, and her name is Terra... accordingly . :D

first night slept really well, we got up to do one wee...then in the morning got up at 7, too cold she didnt wat to do wees so she weed inside, pooed outside then did both inside .. :mad

only 5 days for you! not long at all ut seems like it!

Edited by Poppyx

Jess ~ I got a bit confused reading your post, but I think I'm right in that instead of getting a puppy, you are now getting a 1yr old adult....am I right? Is he brindle or brown in colour? A huge congrats :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am so happy for you.

Poppyx ~ Your pup looks so angelic with those gorgeous eyes. I love the pale colouring.

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

Oh Poppy Terra is absolutely divine. Is she a BC? So cute, I love her colouring.

Yes, she has a bad habit of 'crocodiling' we call it lol . shes snap snap snappy . when she plays,

such a good sleeper though at night ....slept on the bed :laugh: xx

Ive been quietly lurking in the background, and I have finally become brave enough to post here ;)

We have just welcomed our new little bundle of joy, into our home...

He is a Cattle Dog, and joins our 2 older ACD's, Yana and Clancy, (both retired from the ring, and breeding), and our 3 Basenji's, Saba, Ochre and Vanda. So the numbers of ACD v's Basenji's, is now even !!!

He is 8 1/2 weeks old, and came to us from Victoria. Since the naming of the above 2 'oldies', we have somehow ended up with a food theme, in the ACD's names. So he isnt named as yet, Mr R is still trying to pick his favourite from the short list of 2 :p :p . Waiting, waiting, waiting !!!

We have had few accidents in the house, but they are completely human errors... We had a really good night with him last night. Put to bed in the crate, a couple of little whinges, then asleep till 4.30am when he woke me, took him out for the longest wee an 8 and a half week old little baby could ever, ever do :mad:mad . Back to bed, just a couple of whinges, then asleep till the alarm went off... Very happy with that :rolleyes: :o Just hoping it continues :p .

Pics soon...

Glad you decided to join in Rajacadoo, look forward to seeing cattle pup pics :mad

I've had cuddles with rajacadoo's new baby :( - absolutely to die for puppy - lovely cuddles - confident but not in your face. I did try to kidnap him, but no luck. ;)

Jess ~ I got a bit confused reading your post, but I think I'm right in that instead of getting a puppy, you are now getting a 1yr old adult....am I right? Is he brindle or brown in colour? A huge congrats :rolleyes: :o:( I am so happy for you.

Poppyx ~ Your pup looks so angelic with those gorgeous eyes. I love the pale colouring.

BF

thats right his so cute i love him.

yes his brindle

Ive been quietly lurking in the background, and I have finally become brave enough to post here :)

We have just welcomed our new little bundle of joy, into our home...

He is a Cattle Dog, and joins our 2 older ACD's, Yana and Clancy, (both retired from the ring, and breeding), and our 3 Basenji's, Saba, Ochre and Vanda. So the numbers of ACD v's Basenji's, is now even !!!

He is 8 1/2 weeks old, and came to us from Victoria. Since the naming of the above 2 'oldies', we have somehow ended up with a food theme, in the ACD's names. So he isnt named as yet, Mr R is still trying to pick his favourite from the short list of 2 :D :) . Waiting, waiting, waiting !!!

We have had few accidents in the house, but they are completely human errors... We had a really good night with him last night. Put to bed in the crate, a couple of little whinges, then asleep till 4.30am when he woke me, took him out for the longest wee an 8 and a half week old little baby could ever, ever do :p :p . Back to bed, just a couple of whinges, then asleep till the alarm went off... Very happy with that :):( Just hoping it continues :) .

Pics soon...

Glad you decided to join in Rajacadoo, look forward to seeing cattle pup pics :D

I've had cuddles with rajacadoo's new baby :rofl: - absolutely to die for puppy - lovely cuddles - confident but not in your face. I did try to kidnap him, but no luck. :D

Thanks Tassie... He is a bit of a spunky bum isnt he... Poor little man is trying so hard to get Miss "Stuck Up Vanda" to play with him, but so far no luck ;) Shes a funny little poppet, happy to play with adults, (just like Rory at show training the other night :) ), but doesnt want a bar of puppies ;)