Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Lovemesideways ~ Isn't it heaven when the other animals in your household gets on so well with the new addition? He looks so contented :D

Niques ~ I'll hold you to your promise :mad Zoe is still waking at 5am.....it was Nicole's turn this morning, but she didn't hear Zoe crying :mad so I was up banging on her bedroom door to wake up....not a pretty sight first thing in the morning believe me. But the good thing is when "I" and only I put her to bed she cries for maybe 5-10 minutes. OH did it before and she cried for over 30 minutes...... :laugh:

Lauren ~ I still have one daughter in high school so early wake up for me on Monday too :laugh: To find a head on a chicken neck.... :D ewwww no thanks. I don't give chicken necks to Zoe, Pugs are notoriously prone to suck up food and a couple have died because they get stuck in their throats.....so I am not willing to take a chance. Bigger dogs are fine with them, but not Pugs at least.

Wuffles ~ Well done Ava.....I can't wait until Zoe sleeps in until 6am.....7am would be absolutely perfect. But 6am is great....and any of those times are better than 5am :D

I just realised I have to get Zoe registered with the council :) I forgot. So I'll have to see if our local one is open and if so go and get it done.

I also put Zoe's new collar on her today, I am doing it for her to get used to wearing it outside when we go out with her. She can take it off inside. I have two tags on it at the moment, one with our name and address and Ph number on, the other says she is microchipped. Then we have to add the registration disc.....I wish in SA they were a disc and not those hard to put on plastic things that don't go inside the "D" ring on a small puppy collar.

Zoe has a little lump on her head at the moment....I think its a small wort or cyst thing, or could be an insect bite. Its about 3mm in size, it doesn't hurt her or annoy her, its just annoying to me. My friend who had a pug had one like this before on its side, it went scaly and eventually just dropped off. Zoe's is now scally, so I'll wait and see what happens before I take her to the vet. My firend took her dog to the vet and he had her booked it to remove it surgically, but as I said it dropped off on its own. My daughter also had one similar on her head and the Dr just pulled it off, it bled slightly, but was never a problem since. Not sure what it was called, but it was a form of cyst. Weird its happened though...

BF

Zoe had a 30 minute cry....well it was more of a few seconds here and there, but after 30 minutes it stopped....I can't believe I am down to clock watching. It was my turn to wake up for Zoe..... 5am :D :thumbsup: :cool: So I got up, made a cuppa wrapped a blanket round me, put the heater on and the TV, grabbed Zoe and she drifted off straight the way ;) whereas I spent the morning dozing and waking every time she changed positions, plus I got to watch the sun come up :cry:

BF

oh does this sound familiar or what! My little croc been here almost 4 weeks and have only had one sleep in . and that was till 9, as she was down the hall . it felt so weird im use to getting up about 6 now and watching bewitched, Jeanie then Sabrina lol. so clear in my head. :mad

although this morning it was 4:00! we usuallyy go back to bed if she wants a wee but i channel surfed wanted to watch the sun rise from behind the mountains :rofl:

You don't have kids do you?! I think it is so funny how similar this forum is to a group of expectant and new mothers.

I've got three kids. My youngest is not sleeping through the night yet, at 10 months. And I hopefully have a puppy arriving in about 2 months. Luckily I'm used to not getting any sleep. I think that if no one woke my up, I'd just wake up myself out of habit. I haven't had a sleep in for about 5 1/2 years (unless you count nights where one of the kids wouldn't sleep so they end up sleeping in). No wonder I'm unmotivated and waste time on things like the net!

Good luck with the night shift.

oh no not yet :D only children I have are my animals! all 30 of 'em haha !

Wow, it sounds like hard work for you, i wish you luck with the new puppy. They're such a handful!

im trying to toggle raising this puppy as well as keeping 2 other dogs apart,

The dog is booked in for desexing on Tues but our bitch has came in season. I have bought her sanitary pants arriving next week and had her in a nappy , trying to keep them apart but theyre usually together 24/7. this is horrible hes barking now i've got the leash on him and shes in the pen :rofl: in a separate room he just wont shut up

NIGHTMARE! 5 secs i have turned around or walked to the kitchen and his pinky has come all the way out and shes crying . and he gets on her, i cant stand this, she better not be in child . i dont think with how busy we are with work and the puppy to take care of a few more, and we not Breeders so we shouldnt let this happen

until tuesday.....

gah hes wining now

Hi guys,

I haven't been updating for awhile due to lots of assignments and this will be a short one as well. I have finally got my internet going :thumbsup: stupid internet service provider wasted so much of my time.

Love everyone's pup!

Lauren - Maggie is just so cute. I love goldens so much!

Lovemesideways - Riddick is such a cute name!

BF - Hope that thing on Zoe recovers soon!

Niques and Wuffles - I wake up at 6am in the morning as well! I used to wake up in the afternoon but I have changed so much after Oreo came into our life.

Here is Oreo!

post-33443-1271404849_thumb.jpg

post-33443-1271404861_thumb.jpg

post-33443-1271405171_thumb.jpg

post-33443-1271405212_thumb.jpg

Guest belgian.blue

Lovely puppies everyone!

So interesting hearing what everyone else is going through and what to expect in a week today :rofl: The count down has begun .. five more working days!!!

Niques ~ I'll hold you to your promise :rofl: Zoe is still waking at 5am.....it was Nicole's turn this morning, but she didn't hear Zoe crying :laugh: so I was up banging on her bedroom door to wake up....not a pretty sight first thing in the morning believe me. But the good thing is when "I" and only I put her to bed she cries for maybe 5-10 minutes. OH did it before and she cried for over 30 minutes...... :thumbsup:

:rofl: I can just imagine the chaos. That's very sweet that she's crying less for you - someone's clearly the favourite :laugh:

I hope the lump is nothing serious. James had a warty lump-type thing on his head when we first met him at 4 1/2 weeks which, amongst our family, we used to distinguish between him and his other black brother. We took to calling him "wart-head" :thumbsup: Eventually we asked the breeder about it and she said the vet thought it was a bite from the older puppy living with them, so hopefully Zoe's is just an insect bite or something similar that's scabbed over.

Poppy, what a trying situation! My sympathies and I hope you manage to keep them apart until Tuesday.

Nic, Oreo is a gorgeous little guy!

Okay, pup is settled in in the rumpus room with his bed, rug and a pile of squeaky toys scattered around him so I can hopefully hear him when he wakes up :thumbsup: Although I think he's forgone his bed to sleep against my door. I don't want to open it to check in case he wakes, but I can hear his snoring awfully clearly. Two alarms set to preempt his toiletting needs. But still, I just know that I'm going to wake up to a puddle.

Niques ~ How did last night go? Hopefully no puddles :thumbsup: I too think the lump on Zoe's head is just an insect bite or something. I'll see how it goes this weekend and decide on Tuesday what to do (vet or leave it) by then. It is all drying up, and going scabby, so might have even been a boil or something.

BB ~ Wow not long now. Are you picking up your pup from the breeder or is the pup coming from interstate? Sorry I forgot.

Nic ~ Oreo is gorgeous. I love the one white ear and one black, its a very unique colouring. He looks so happy.

Poppyx ~ I too hope you can keep them apart. I hope Tuesday comes super fast for you. Not a great situation to be in is it? :D

Zoe is in her play pen outside it is sitting half in the shade and half out. This is the only chance she ever gets to be outside by herself, as we don't have all the fences up yet :D but OH is outside walking around the yard putting wood into the wood shed. She is just happily sitting there watching him. I can see them both from my study. I was thinking of giving Zoe a bath today, as its supposed to be 29'C but it isn't than warm, in fact we all have jumpers on. I'll wait till this afternoon and see then. The reason Zoe needs a bath is she got behind the combustion heater and decided to sit in the soot there. I clean all around the fireplace regularly but she had to sit where I can't get to :thumbsup: so now she is a darker colour than she is supposed to be :)

Other than that its still 5am wake ups......its still dark outside and my body tells me its sleep time :cheer: I never was a nighttime person, even with kids. Those early morning feeds are the killers :) but Zoe is consistent.....so it looks like its going to be this way for a while. I just hope she sleeps in when she gets older ;)

BF

Hey Guys

This time last week i was picking up Diesel at the airport with a 4 hour drive home, but there was flash floods the road was flooded and we couldnt get through. We had to stay in Stuarts Well in a cabin, not knowing what had been in there before, his crate setup newspaper and towels all over the ground. He settle ok with getting up 4 times during the night. What a nigthmare start :thumbsup:

We finally got home the next day and he slept the whole way home which was fantastic...The past week we have only had one accident inside and getting up only once during the night to go outside to toilet....Last night was his first night he slept through till 7am when i got up....I couldnt be happier with the progress he is making...So full of energy at times then always at your feet..lol

Pictures to come soon...

Matt

The night actually went really well, thanks, BF :) I woke him up at 3ish and had to carry him out to the grass as he was more than content to try and get back to sleep :thumbsup: He then slept through til 6 and did his usual short bark to let me know he was up. No accidents - I'm very happy :)

What a cheeky girl - I think we need pictures of sooty Zoe :thumbsup:

That's good that Diesel's setting in now, Matt! What a stressful start for you!

I also have many cuts from oreo's bites. But it's getting softer. I use soft smack on his mouth when he bites too hard. He is so excited whenever there is someone. He tried climbing up everyone when he sees them. Been telling my guest to ignore him when he climbs. Play with him once he gives a good sit. Been trying to teach him all tricks to keep him occupied. Need to learn to fade the lures though. If there is no food, he won't respond. Haha

Millie your boy ia gorgeous and looks so cute.

Bf & niques- my boy also wakes up at 6am but he is very well-behaved. He just sits there and play with his toys.

Guest belgian.blue

Millie12 - Very cute! What colour is he?

Well less than a week for me!! Bought him some dry food today, the brand his breeder is feeding and some of what he will be fed while still a puppy. It was soooo excited shopping for him today. Bought 12 [yes twelve] soft teddies for $6 .. bargin! Mum got me some secondhand blankets so we're pretty much set .. just need the puppy :heart:

He's flying from the East BF and arrives just after ninePM .. so going to be a long day for us both!

BB ~ Wow it will be a long day. I hope it goes quick for you. I hate those days when you want it to hurry up and it goes buy one second at a time. Good luck. Don't forget to take a bowl and some water with you, he might need a drink when he leaves the airport.

Millie12 ~ He's gorgeous. He's a dark brindle isn't he. Love the round belly.

Nic ~ I'm glad your guests are accommodating with teaching Oreo his lessons, thats so nice. Zoe also keeps trying to bite but we have learned to keep fingers out her way and growl no lots. I think she thinks its her new name :)

Zoe got into the soot again, its the poker that OH uses for the fireplace that she is rubbing up against. She chased the cat in there, and of course she got soot on her and as promised I took pics. Its too cold to bath her yet, so we are just using a damp flannel to wash most of it off.

What did I do wrong?

SootyZoe.jpg

Crap now I need a bath right?

SootyZoeOops.jpg

:love: she is always in trouble for one thing or other :D but she makes us all laugh and you just can't stay made with her for long.

BF

BB ~ Wow it will be a long day. I hope it goes quick for you. I hate those days when you want it to hurry up and it goes buy one second at a time. Good luck. Don't forget to take a bowl and some water with you, he might need a drink when he leaves the airport.

Millie12 ~ He's gorgeous. He's a dark brindle isn't he. Love the round belly.

Nic ~ I'm glad your guests are accommodating with teaching Oreo his lessons, thats so nice. Zoe also keeps trying to bite but we have learned to keep fingers out her way and growl no lots. I think she thinks its her new name :laugh:

Zoe got into the soot again, its the poker that OH uses for the fireplace that she is rubbing up against. She chased the cat in there, and of course she got soot on her and as promised I took pics. Its too cold to bath her yet, so we are just using a damp flannel to wash most of it off.

What did I do wrong?

SootyZoe.jpg

Crap now I need a bath right?

SootyZoeOops.jpg

:D she is always in trouble for one thing or other :D but she makes us all laugh and you just can't stay made with her for long.

BF

What gorgeous photos BF. Zoe is so cute ...... and has mischief written all over her cute face!! Jangels too needs a bath at the moment. He looks like he has been under one of our cars as he has a black stripe down his back but I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday ;) and am still in a lot of pain so his bath will have to wait. The last thing I need is a bump in the face from a clumpsy 4 month old Labrador :rofl:

Zoe had her very first ever bath. She didn't understand what was going on, but she loved it though, I guess all the attention, the massaging of her body when I was rubbing in the shampoo, just got to her and she stood there while I did it. She loved the towel dry too, luckily she has a single coat and is easy to dry.

After wards she smelled brilliant, her coat was so soft and she is now a fawn colour and not a black pug in fawn clothing :thumbsup:

BF

Hi everyone, we got back from Hong Kong a couple of days ago, we had a great time but boy its great to be home. We only have 3 more sleeps before Georgia comes home!!! Woo Hoo :):mad ;)

I hope everyone's pups have been behaving themselves.

How exciting Michelleva! Those 3 sleeps will go slowly :rofl: Georgia is just gorgeous. Shelties are now at the top of my next dog list. I hadn't realised how little they are, I thought they were about border collie sized :rofl: then I saw some in real life and they are so cute and beautiful! Can't wait to see pics and hear stories.

Hey everyone,

Excited to join this thread (and what a great thread idea too)

Today I am officially the owner of a French bulldog little brindle girl! She was only born on friday, so I will be getting her in July sometime.

Is anyone else waiting for a Frenchie at the moment? I have just gotten over being extra protective of Arnie, you worry about every little thing when they are a puppy and now to do it all again! It is so worth all those kisses and the love you get out of them.

Arnie will be 1 year and a month old when he gets his little sister home, he is going to love someone to play with all the time.

Now I get to buy all the girlie things!! I love everyones pics of all the items they buy, very inspiring!!