Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

*sigh* puppies are only just over a week old. Feeling impatient....! Especially since we are getting a show puppy so its really a lottery........

That it is. At a week old we knew we would get a puppy - actually we knew as soon as they were born because being four girls it meant that we'd be able to get two show prospects out of it. We knew which two it'd be between by five weeks when we met them (we had second choice after the breeder, and we'd narrowed it down to the two girls) and then at seven weeks LM made her choice (which was one of our two that we were chosing between) so we took the other girl. She was my favourite from the start and I didn't think there'd be any chance of us getting her so I was quite surprised!

Yay for all the new puppies!

And good on all the show people. Ziva is a show quality pup - her sister went to a show home in nth Qld somewhere. But after giving Ziva 2 baths and trying to hold a wriggly, squirmy puppy - I think showing is not for us :laugh: we are looking forward to flyball and agility - cheeky thing jumped a 60cm high garden bed from a standing start over the weekend!

But after giving Ziva 2 baths and trying to hold a wriggly, squirmy puppy - I think showing is not for us :laugh:

:thumbsup: Halo very rarely gets bathed for that exact reason - she thinks she's dying. :) OH and I were going to bath her yesterday (she and Akira STINK from their fun in the pig troughs at Mt Gambier) but for that very reason we put it off. She really needs to be done Saturday because she has a show Sunday and can't stink for that!

*sigh* puppies are only just over a week old. Feeling impatient....! Especially since we are getting a show puppy so its really a lottery........

That it is. At a week old we knew we would get a puppy - actually we knew as soon as they were born because being four girls it meant that we'd be able to get two show prospects out of it. We knew which two it'd be between by five weeks when we met them (we had second choice after the breeder, and we'd narrowed it down to the two girls) and then at seven weeks LM made her choice (which was one of our two that we were chosing between) so we took the other girl. She was my favourite from the start and I didn't think there'd be any chance of us getting her so I was quite surprised!

Yeah my breeder said it will be a couple of weeks still :laugh: so far they are a very nice, but even litter (6 girls!) so far. So hopefully by 5 weeks we will have a better idea how what they are like. She also has had a bitch just get AI'ed so if the current litter doesn't work out, there is another option and in the meantime I can handle some other dogs for practice.

Halo is divine :) it sounds like a big waiting gamEE

I have just over a month before i pick up my cane corso male pup.

Have bought the crate and thats it for now lol

Pretty excited,still need to decide whether to drive to nsw or fly to pick him up.

I have just over a month before i pick up my cane corso male pup.

Have bought the crate and thats it for now lol

Pretty excited,still need to decide whether to drive to nsw or fly to pick him up.

:D i love them, must post heaps of photos when he arrives :)

Well Rumour's home and she's just everything I wanted!

When we got to the airport she was sitting in her crate so quietly, the whole car trip she just sat there taking in the world.

She has got so well with Diesel and he can't get enough of her. When we first put her in her crate last night she found her voice for a little while but then she slept for 6 hours straight! We then had a small play and toilet break and she went back to sleep for another three hours.

So far we have been practicing coming when her name is called and she's so good at it (she will do anything for a tummy rub). We've also done a small training session for sit and she's picking it up quickly. I have wasted so much of today just watching her.

I'll put photos up shortly

Guest Panzer Attack!
So exciting for everyone here, waiting for their new puppies.

Edwina, my new Pekingese puppy flies down early next week!!! :)

Oh that is so unfair, I looooove Pekes!!!! You MUST post LOADS of photos in here!!

I saw the most adorable baby Keeshond at work yesterday, he was a tiny version of an adult all in proportion and one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Love the breed but probably couldn't handle the fluff. It's fun to look tho! (I am not on the lookout for puppy #2, I am NOT on the lookout for puppy #2...)