Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

We've had a list of seriously about 40 names that we've been tossing around for weeks and weeks. We were quite settled on Fergus, but then my OH changed his mind out of the blue. Pain in the ass! :laugh:

I actually said to him a long time ago that if we could have a Saint for our next dog, then he could name it. I just never knew he was this indecisive! :o

Cassis, it'll just come to you!

I named Louis before I even met him, when I heard I was getting a boy. I thought being named after Louis the Great just HAD to suit a boy Yorkshire Terror! (That's not a typo :grimace: )

Funnily enough, he's so quiet and calm... I might have made a mistake! :eek:

Thanks all for liking my name pick. :D I like it cause she could be Willow the Wonder Dog, or Wicked Willow. A nice balance of Naughty and Nice. :laugh: Plus it's nice and girly too.

Malina, one of my previous dogs was very quiet and reserved when she was at the breeders home. She was quiet the first night when I took her home too. I was used to a more boisterous dog, so it was a bit different for me. BUT...LO...Did a good nights sleep transform the Sleeping Beauty!!!! Because the next morning I woke up to the Tasmanian Devil! She became a turbo dog, into everything. Took a long time to teach her calmness and stillness...then it was only the stillness of intense concentration waiting for the command to GO. :laugh:

:laugh: Yes I'm thinking that Louis will probably come into his own once he gets out from under his sister's paw. She's the bossy yappy one. Sometimes he looks at her and you'd swear he's saying "pleaaaase just shut up already...?" I don't care, I'll love him whichever way he is.

I love (Wicked) Willow. Just like Louis, people think its nice and sweet... then you tell them the full name :laugh:

Edited by Melina Bea

Luvsdogs - your dogs are beautiful! Panda is particularly stunning.

I think you probably meant to post that in "that other thread" lol...

Yeah, I did. Was surprised when I saw it here. Oooops.

Edited by luvsdogs

Lisa........SHARE!!!

No sharing yet, not my photos. I'll be waiting till I actually know which puppy is mine and go out meet him and take some photos myself!

They are so tiny at the moment but nice healthy pups! Because of their merle patterns mum said they look like Cheese and Bacon rolls laugh.gif

Melina - if you're still planning on setting up the pen I wouldn't recommend making it as big as I had it, it's impractical. I reshaped it and its working heaps better being just 2 panels wide, 1 panel deep. I might use the spare panels to make a roof if his climbing skills get any better.

Excuse the mess he's made with the puppy pads, they're just temporary until the pet loo arrives.

ff6be12bd7ada970d21e38e3e46036b0_zpsb58af8c8.jpg

Hi

Well we finally decided the time had come to adopt a puppy. I had done some research and have been waiting about 12 months to finally decide on a breed that we believe would suit our family. We decided on a Miniature Pinscher. I have approached breeders this week and a breeder has indicated that they will have a litter in July and pups should be ready by September. OMG! I'm so excited. Although I have been a dog owner in the past it's been 6 years since I had a dog and our hearts ached for a long time after we lost our last dog (she was a Pit Bull).

So now I am waiting, excitedly reading about bringing home a puppy, refreshing my knowledge :D It's like starting over, I'm trying to absorb as much as I can, and although I have just about exhausted reading absolutely everything about the breed I'm always on the look out for more information. But I think I have the breed information down pat now it will be bringing home a puppy and guiding her. Also preparing for the puppy to come home, lots to organise, but I just can't wait.

So the count down begins...... 4 months to go..... :cooldance:

Welcome to the countdown Lee-Ann :D

2 sleeps for me. I'm actively trying not to think about it, or I'd be crawling up the walls with impatience. I have to say, the doubts over my own abilities are starting to surface. I've read so much, asked so many questions, so I was quite confident. Now that's starting to falter a bit.

Calling breeder today to see how Louis is doing after his vacs, and to arrange a pickup time on Friday!

Hi

Well we finally decided the time had come to adopt a puppy. I had done some research and have been waiting about 12 months to finally decide on a breed that we believe would suit our family. We decided on a Miniature Pinscher. I have approached breeders this week and a breeder has indicated that they will have a litter in July and pups should be ready by September. OMG! I'm so excited. Although I have been a dog owner in the past it's been 6 years since I had a dog and our hearts ached for a long time after we lost our last dog (she was a Pit Bull).

So now I am waiting, excitedly reading about bringing home a puppy, refreshing my knowledge :D It's like starting over, I'm trying to absorb as much as I can, and although I have just about exhausted reading absolutely everything about the breed I'm always on the look out for more information. But I think I have the breed information down pat now it will be bringing home a puppy and guiding her. Also preparing for the puppy to come home, lots to organise, but I just can't wait.

So the count down begins...... 4 months to go..... :cooldance:

Welcome Lee-Ann,

I've had a MinPin previously, he was a fun little dog, although there was NOTHING little about him. I don't know how many times other dogs tried to dust him up. (I don't think they thought he was another dog :( ) He took it all in his stride. :D

My BIGGEST not fun thing about him was an atrocious recall. Simply awful. The handful of times he snuck out the door way as people were going in or out were breath holding moments. We did get him to a point where he was more responsive, and then he would do his..."They beat me" act. Which we had never, ever done. :laugh:

That's a long wait for you! I've been waiting 5 weeks so far, and I have 14 sleeps to go.

I'm getting a Rottweiler. :D (Her name shall be Willow)

Welcome to the countdown Lee-Ann :D

2 sleeps for me. I'm actively trying not to think about it, or I'd be crawling up the walls with impatience. I have to say, the doubts over my own abilities are starting to surface. I've read so much, asked so many questions, so I was quite confident. Now that's starting to falter a bit.

Calling breeder today to see how Louis is doing after his vacs, and to arrange a pickup time on Friday!

:laugh: You'll be fine Melina.

Having said that...I've been looking around the house and thinking...."OMG...What have I DONE". :eek:

Last night I was having a laugh with a previous puppy pre-school client, they have just got themselves a new puppy. And will be joining in a new class soon. We were wondering how haggard I'll be looking, how the house training was going etc. Seeing as I'm the 'expert' to guide them all through the process. (Too be frank, I felt a lot of pressure at that moment. :o )

Which puppy preschool do you run Dory?

Welcome to the wait Lee-Ann! A friend of mine has a Min Pin and he's a really great little dog :) I'm not a little dog person in general but I have a soft spot for these guys :)

2 more sleeps!!! :eek: