Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Oh heavens, I hadn't even thought about it either... I think we start puppy school maybe 2 weeks after (give or take, depends on puppies arrival date. Obviously!) and that includes a check up with the vet, so I guess inadvertently we are. Haha.

This time next week i will be driving to get my boy!

I start puppy school with DogLogic at 12 weeks but through PetBarn in Alexandria (its just around the corner from my work).

I think I will only take my guy for his first vet visit when he gets his 12 week vac.

I would have, but we changed our minds. The breeder is really great and very straightforward about his health.

He will be going to puppy school at the vet's before his 2nd vacs, so that'll take care of the first experience... sort of.

Only 6 more sleeps till I get my baby!

Edited by Melina Bea

I took Raiden to the vets after 3 days not because he was sick but to introduce him to the vet clinic and the staff. We will also be dropping in from time to time to do some waiting room training so I can get him use to the clinic :)

--Lhok

LOL. And yet if you had asked Moose to hop inside, he probably would've looked at you like you were nuts.

The dog crate at home gets a steam of visitors from Dory to the cats. Oscar (cat) was snuggled in it for most of the day today.

Even Dory gets in there sometimes for the hell of it and the soft blankies. There are going to be out of joint noses soon.

Still waiting to hear on an exact arrival day.

They're great aren't they?? I've got to set mine up today.

I think Bunnings must have cottoned on as they now have a dog on the packaging, they didn't a few years ago, they were simply compost bins. :)

I just posted this in general, but thought it is perfect for here, given all those DOLers in this thread that have just picked their puppy out, and for those who are waiting to choose theirs. They will choose you! Tip chose us, we had the choice of two, and even though his brother climbed into my arms and fell asleep, Tip knew Wayne wanted a "crazy Dog", and Tip broke speed records getting to him when called. Wayne got is way that day, but Tip soon became my boy.- perhaps we should have chosen both????

This poem was written by K. Howard and can be found at www.say-it-in-verse.com

You may think that you picked me

From the litter you came to view.

But it was completely the other way round

It was I, who in fact, picked you!

There was just something about you

That really appealed to me

From your face, I could just tell

That you'd love and look after me.

So I threw myself all over you

Would not let you be -

Wagged my tail and gave you puppy dog eyes

So you'd fall in love with me.

But no matter how I got here

When all is said and done

I so very happy to be here

And so glad that your my MUM

Happy mothers day to all of you.

Di

I just posted this in general, but thought it is perfect for here, given all those DOLers in this thread that have just picked their puppy out, and for those who are waiting to choose theirs. They will choose you! Tip chose us, we had the choice of two, and even though his brother climbed into my arms and fell asleep, Tip knew Wayne wanted a "crazy Dog", and Tip broke speed records getting to him when called. Wayne got is way that day, but Tip soon became my boy.- perhaps we should have chosen both????

This poem was written by K. Howard and can be found at www.say-it-in-verse.com

You may think that you picked me

From the litter you came to view.

But it was completely the other way round

It was I, who in fact, picked you!

There was just something about you

That really appealed to me

From your face, I could just tell

That you'd love and look after me.

So I threw myself all over you

Would not let you be -

Wagged my tail and gave you puppy dog eyes

So you'd fall in love with me.

But no matter how I got here

When all is said and done

I so very happy to be here

And so glad that your my MUM

Happy mothers day to all of you.

Di

I can attest to this! Never forget one dog, who as a puppy always ended up being picked up. Even when I made a concerted effort to pick up a different puppy, some how it was always that little bugger.

Can't think of a time I didn't end up with the pup I wanted, even when I had last pick. Every time. :D

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd jump in on this thread as we're eagerly waiting to pick up our male Lagotto pup from our breeder. He will be ready to come home with us in mid June.

Thanks