Best Prizes From Dog Shows

SparkyTansy

Also, nothing beats competing for your state/territory in the National Final for JH. Loved those wins, especially my last one, I can honestly say I had never worked so hard for a win before or since.
\

Do have to agree there :laugh:

Gosh we have had some memorable ones. From a rusty old metal plate for a BIS to a lovely Outdoor table setting, wine cooler, gazebo and a whole heap of BBQ accessories for a recent BIS. Microwave oven was a great prize. Cash is always good. My very first Junior Handler prize was an ABBA record. Now I am gving my age away :scared:

Just reading about the nice prizes that people have won for classes in group, is making me jealous...

Down here in Tassie, we RARELY get anything for classes in group :eek: ... Fringies yes, prizes, basically never...

Me too. We do occasionally, but my dogs seem to like getting in group awards at shows that don't even have fringies :cheer:

Best would have to be my Advance jacket for BOB at Perth Royal. Have also got an Advance bag for BIG at the Western Classic but it died fairly quickly. Oh, and cash is nice too - I always go and buy the dogs a toy if we get cash :scared:

My Minor in Group Sash is my best prize so far! I got $15 in cash for this, and I jokingly said to mum "Well I got my money back for Clancy's Entry!"! :scared:

Been wanting to win one just to prove to mum that I can do it as well! (She has done well and got few in groups award with a Dobermann about 10+ years ago)

At the United Pinscher and Miniature Pinscher show, I got some amazing rosettes! For Minor in Breed (At UPCoV), one of the Rosettes was donated by Flashfire Min Pins from Texas US! :eek:

I also got some drinks placemat, and a packet of worming tablets for the dogs :cheer:

My first Challenge and Best of Breed, I've kept the ribbons as it was pretty big compared to the ones you see at most shows!

Oh i should add winning jrn of breed at the dachie nats i won some money.. how much i have no idea cos i lost it :scared: I was just so exciting winning it it must of sliped outa my hand.. Oh well hope who ever found it had a great time lol!

Edited by TeamSnag

I love the branded items that are only for specific wins, they make them more special and (if clothing) you are proud to wear them as a "badge of honour". But it's disappointing if you don't have your size and they are a bad design.

I love my Aluminium grooming box from Sydney Royal 1999, it's a bit battered now and needs a new coat of paint but I will always treasure it.

Dog show umbrellas, Breed prints, TV, DVD player, Bookcase (handmade), Microwave, Motel Stays including meal, Quality Dog Food, Cash.

Hi I don't show, but in Obedience you recieve a nice ribbon, a trophy which is great or something useful eg:mugs dog food chairs. However the best prizes I have ever recieved were a Pass card from the Melb Royal( my first I had framed) ;) and a puppy play pen and a snooza dog bed for being Highest Score In Trial at the Weim Trial in 2007.

Have to be a sap and say the best prize we won was a perpetual trophy ;) Was for winning BOB at our club specialty against an entry of 10 (doesn't sound like much, but for my breed in my state - this is BIG numbers!). A very unexpected win on a day I thought would be a waste of time.

We didn't even know we had won a trophy until 6 months later at the AGM. So it was a long wait but worth it for a nice surprise :)

My best prize is just a piece of white an green cardboard for winning the RCC at Crufts with my 10 year old bitch.

One of the breed clubs also gives crystal trophies at anniversary shows, we were lucky enough to get BVIS the last time.

The worst of the best is kind of funny, it is a rectangular plate with a few breeds around the edge and details of the BIS win in the centre. When I got to the show in the morning, I saw this being displayed and thought what a tacky prize the poor winner is going to get - we won it! lol