Best Prizes From Dog Shows

SparkyTansy

OK well, a little while ago there was the thread about the worst prizes people have received, but it got me thinking that there are a LOT of clubs that put a lot of thought into their prizes... would anybody care to share their very favourite, wouldn't part with for the world, gifts? Feel free to name the club if you wish!!

I should get mum back home to go through their stash of prizes.

One of the best prizes that one of our baby Bulldogs won many years ago was a garden sprinkler system. Awesome for watering the garden and if any of the dogs loved water they could have heaps of fun and it sprayed around the place.

Huge gazebo, directors chair to match,

Money..thats always a bonus to cover expenses.

Crockery, crystal wear, glassware, towels always come in handy. Old human towels get downgraded to dog towels.

When I was restarting out on my own I got given so many things that I needed that were from the prize cupboard.

Jug, toaster, crockery, glassware.

Mum and dad even sponsored all the classes for a Bulldog show from their prize cupboard.

We won a Liberty dryer in the 90's for Best Exhibit in Show in Canberra - the dryer is still brilliant!

Sags

Wow!! What a great prize :curtsey: .

Since I started showing (just under a year ago):

I have received a lot of lovely padded mats for crates as prizes for class in group. They were made especially as prizes, and are the best dog beds/mats that I have.

I have also had thermos brand coolers (BIS prize), and other cool bags - great for using at shows (especially the one designed to take a bottle of wine :wink:) (Canberra Toy Dog club shows)

I got a really nice, japanese themed platter at Yass Ag show for class in group.

And a lovely, german made, Xmas themed 'treats' bowl for BOB at the 4P's.

A great soft-crate for BOB at Melb Royal, and a HUGE bag of dog food for PIG at the same show.

Spring Fair was great too - 'Advance' cups (again - great for using at shows) and dog food.

Other shows have given towel/face washer/soap sets which I again use at shows

Actually, I have done extremely well with prizes :heart:

ETA: I forgot to add teh lovely engraved clock we won for PIG at the Melb Royal

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

My Liberty grooming table that Rebel won for Baby in Show at the Spring Fair. I have also won some lovely pottery dishes that are great for serving salad's etc in for dinners. Money is always a great prize to. I would prefer a few dollars, or even a dog bed rather than a crappy prize that is never used.

We have not done a lot of "big" winning. But Ruby got a fold up chair for Aus bred of group when she got her first challenge points.

Slightly :) The other night we had our Cav members comp. I was forced to go in novice handlers to give my sister some competition. :(

I was not prepared and had on my work sandles, half way around I thought why is my shoe slipping looked down and it had broken. Kicked it off. :)

This reminded me of 7 years ago when I went to same members comp. OH was in intensive care following a brain anuerysm, we had seen him and went to the comp in the evening. While in the ring my mobile rang and I had to answer it as it was the hospital, then the elastic on my knickers broke. So here I am attempting to handle a dog, on the mobile hanging on to the knickers and get out of the ring. :):( ;) :cry::cry:

Our "pet" won a spoon rest which was perfect colour match for the caravan theme. :hug::hug:

I think the nicest was a framed print of salukis and camels for a class in show at a Speciality. The judge was not only a saluki judge but a camel judge and all the in show prizes were prints of his artwork. Sometimes doggie artwork can be dire, but this was lovely - found out later he had studied with Miro. The club always puts on really gorgeous prizes. The year before was beautiful glazed tiles of gazelles.

Most useful - blankets, grooming preparations, towels, etc

Also, OH got a nice fold up carry mat as a prize at an obedience trial once. It's still in the back of the car as a boot liner. I figure the measure of a useful prize is if you're still using it!!

My dogs win the prizes - not sure how they use half of them though.

Personally I won a TV in Alice Springs a few years back for Good Sportsmanship, that is the best prize ever, even without a prize to go with it's one of my favourite awards.

Also, nothing beats competing for your state/territory in the National Final for JH. Loved those wins, especially my last one, I can honestly say I had never worked so hard for a win before or since.

I don't care about the material items of it, I just like showing the dogs.

I know what SBT123's fave prize is and she's never even seen it in the flesh :-P

When I moved to NZ in 1982, I basically arrived with 3 St Bernards and a bit of cash (young and stupid). I did have a place to stay, but was moving into my own house the following week with next to nothing to my name.

Thanks to my beautiful girl, Keli, that soon changed. She won Best Exhibit in Show at Rotorua KC Champ show on our first weekend in the country. The prizes were great: a complete crockery set, a set of towels, a stand fan, and saucepans. Great timing!

I just redid my kitchen cupboards and found so many things we've won in the past:

Beautiful glassware

A small oven

Blender

A crockery set (different from above)

Matching serving plates (really decent ones)

Krosno

We've won multiple PP20's, sof crates, a TV, and so on.

Cash. Lots of food!

But, like many, our beautiful sashes are the things we love and remember the most.

I've seen some dog trailers as prizes but never won one!

Great thread!

Sags

Grover won a great cookbook at a show for BPIG once - I've used it heaps.

We've won a couple of crate mats - one of my favourite prizes to be honest.

My most prized possession though is my Advance Jacket from Melbourne Royal - it is worn with much pride :laugh:

Mine is still the jacket I was awarded for Best Of Breed at the Royal Melbourne Show... :laugh:

This Show always attracts the greatest number of entries in our Breed, and I am still very proud to have achieved so highly amongst such a strong entry! A special momento of a very special win for me... :laugh:

I have also found the alarm clock that I won for a Group award extremely useful, the dozens of towels I have won are also well utilised and Breed related items are always a special memory of a win.

But most of all, Cash - what better prize?! :laugh: