Anyone Got A Snooza Dt1000 Dog Bed?

beenie

Hi all,

I need to get Willow a new bed... her third new dog bed in 4 months :)

Does anyone have one of these?

http://www.snooza.com.au/products/d1000.shtml

Are they really tough?? Willow just rips though 'normal' fabric and plays with the foam filling .... I don't mind spending a bit if it's going to last the distance, less hassle than constantly replacing el cheapo beds from the reject shop haha!

Was also looking at these... http://www.snooza.com.au/products/cuddler.shtml in the lambswool but not sure it'd put up with being chewed and abused :)

Any feedback much appreciated!

Beenie and Willow

I have two. The Staffords like them but Buster the big dog doesn't because it is puffy and makes a noise :) . My dogs don't chew their beds when they're inside the house anyway so can't help with that either sorry.

I have them, yes they are super tough but I don't like them that much, they're noisy because of the type of fabric and the Dane size ones - the covers don't fit on most washing machines, I find they flatten quickly and you have to give them a frequent good kick around.

You'll need a cover on them to quiet them down and prevent hair from sticking to them as they do.

Your dog will destroy the Cuddler.

Edited by sas

I have them. My dogue and ridgeback used to take great delight in grabbing a corner each and ripping up their beds :)

I think I bought them about 18 months ago? Anyways they are still as good as new.

What Sas mentioned above is true, they are noisy and I also found it took my guys probably 3 - 4 days to get used to them because of the noise and also whilst the air inside them settled down. But they love them now.

As an outside bed I love them, I wouldn't have them indoors - way too much noise

I have them, yes they are super tough but I don't like them that much, they're noisy because of the type of fabric and the Dane size ones - the covers don't fit on most washing machines, I find they flatten quickly and you have to give them a frequent good kick around.

You'll need a cover on them to quiet them down and prevent hair from sticking to them as they do.

Agreed, and let the zip open a little to let the air out.

Thanks for the replies!

Hmmmm, I thought they may be noisy.... may have to figure out a way of covering it in something.... It'll live in the laundry as her 'night bed', there's no way she'd dare rip up her bed in the lounge, and she has a kennel outside and has claimed one of the sling chairs from the outdoor table as her own, so plenty of other options for lounging about :) she just gets stuck into the 'night' bed when we're out and she's alone... naughty puppy lol!

Size wise I'd only need a medium at the most, she's only a Wheaten so never gonna need a Dane size :):)

If anyone else has a recommendation for a good strong bed which is not noisy I'm all ears :(

I have 2 of them, agree they are noisy. I use them in my dog trailer. Ive had a rescue sharpei damage one by managing to get her teeth into a tiny opening in the zip. I had left it open a little to make it less noisy. She pulled some of the stuffing out thru the opening but the bed is still usable. I dont think I would buy them again.

I have several of them and they have lasted well (couple of years) until Sol arrived here and he ripped two of them. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. They get less noisy with age. Best beds and only ones I have purchased that have lasted.

We have three, as Juice said and I don't find them too bad in the sticking hair stakes. But then we do have GSDs so I'm used to finding hair everywhere. Mine are the medium ones and they are in the bottom of their crates.

After washing I leave the zip open a bit to let them flatten out but never had any trouble with any of the dogs (mine or fosters) not liking them.

As Juice says, they have survived not only Hunter, the most destructive GSD on the planet, but also several rescue boofas.

IMG_0475.jpg

ETA mine are the original ones. MY newest one is different fabric but that one hasn't really been used yet so I can't say if it makes any difference yet.

Edited by kamuzz

Hi all,

I need to get Willow a new bed... her third new dog bed in 4 months :rofl:

Does anyone have one of these?

http://www.snooza.com.au/products/d1000.shtml

Are they really tough?? Willow just rips though 'normal' fabric and plays with the foam filling .... I don't mind spending a bit if it's going to last the distance, less hassle than constantly replacing el cheapo beds from the reject shop haha!

Was also looking at these... http://www.snooza.com.au/products/cuddler.shtml in the lambswool but not sure it'd put up with being chewed and abused :thumbsup:

Any feedback much appreciated!

Beenie and Willow

If you dog is a chewer, they will eat holes in this bed too, my ridgeback did when she was a puppy. :(

I have one for my boy's kennel. Given that's for outside use, I have no issues with noise of the fabric and nor does my dog. Although to render it a bit more 'cuddlier' and so I don't have to wash the cover so much, I usually put a blanket of some description on top. No issues with it flattening - perhaps that's because it is held on all sides by the kennel walls, so doesn't get a chance. Mine is now about 1.5 years old and is pretty much as good as new. Nothing will every be completely indestructible if it is also to be soft.

Any attempt at chewing a bed was very quickly stopped from the get go and I don't have any problems now. You could try spraying some stop-chew on any new mattress or item you bring in. However, if the habit is particularly ingrained, stop chew products tend not to work as well as they would if the behaviour is only at its very beginning. If you use a bad-taste substance, make sure it is not of the smelly kind as well, given that it is a place you want your dog to be (but just not chew).

Edited by Erny