Dog Biscuits

puglvr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well bugger the biscuits make some liver treats.

get a nice fresh liver and boil it, until the bloody stops running and it goes firm. Cool it and then slice into super thin slices.

Pop a bit of oil on and oven tray and wipe it around, place liver on there in single layers and bake.

It will go quite brown when cooked and will be starting to turn crunchy.

You can pop a tiny bit of salt on it, but you don;t need to.

Let it cool on paper towel and then put in an airtight container. If you cook it for long enough and it goes crunchy when cooled, it will keep for ages.

ETA: you only need to oil the tray once lightly and it will be fine for the rest of the batches

Edited by SBT123

Does anyone know where you can buy these online (but in small amounts). I wouldn't mind trying some out but have only seen them in massive boxes and don't want to be lumped with 5kg's of them if Kei decides he doesn't like them :)

The local produce stores all have them in small bags. Maybe just ask if you don't see them out.

I'm in the country - we don't have a local produce store where I am :laugh: Well we did have but they closed down last year :laugh:

Try 4 x 2's or 2x2's .

Not sure if Farrels and Box one still make them but they are basically the same thing, a hard biscuit, just not in the pretty shapes

Does anyone know where you can buy these online (but in small amounts). I wouldn't mind trying some out but have only seen them in massive boxes and don't want to be lumped with 5kg's of them if Kei decides he doesn't like them :(

We use the Kong biscuits. Not for training, only one in the Kong when I go out. Not the cheapest biscuits in the world but they last me a while, I can buy them locally and I am happy with the ingredients (when compared to other brands like Supercoat/Hills/IAMs etc.) The Kong biscuits have no preservatives either.

For training treats we use something much smaller like tiny pieces of cheese, chunkers or even cat biscuits :shrug:

I've got 4 x 2's (Bestcare/Box 1) brand. Got a few boxes of them here - happy to send you a couple so you can try them if you can't find them locally.

They are what I give Riley - get gets one once or twice a week with dinner.

Thanks wagsalot :scared: that's exactly what I'm after. Can you PM me with postage costs for a couple of biscuits to try out? :shrug:

If i feed biscuits as a treat i get 2 x 4s (Box 1 brand). Our local pet food store has them in small bags for $3. My guys love them and the little fella realy has to work to eat his :).

For training treats, you cannot go past Happy Paws :)

Ivy and I start training in just under two weeks and I've ordered a bag of these. Was given a sample bag last time I was in VIC and Ivy went mad over them. Prefect size and not messy on your hands.

I'm sure she will be eating a few of these during the hour period so all natural is a MUST for us :scared:

Hope they arrive in time ..

I use them a lot and they will arrive in time!

I think the longest to me has been 3 workings days or maybe four, not long nayway :( Enjoy!

We have found the Woofbix from Big W to be okay. Just basic but good for a snack. Never remember to pick up the box of 2x4's lol though we used to get them all the time :)

If the dog doesn't like the hardness, soaking them in a little water helps, or we sometimes used pet milk. Oh and don't try to break them in half. OUCH!!