Dog Biscuits

puglvr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iams ones aren't too bad. Supercoat have discontinued theirs at this stage, waiting to hear further from suppliers on whether they will bring them back or not. 4x2's & 2x2's are readily available, they are a good basic biscuit. Black Dog have bone shaped ones that come in different flavours eg charcoal, garlic, beef, liver, vanilla, cheese.

I feed Scooby Snacks from the supermarket! Anyone feed these? All natural and they help out PetRescue too ;)

These were the only thing that the dog had other than the ID food when she was the gastro problem (taking one now and again) and they did not upset her at all compared to everything else that tooks months to tolerate again.

QLD weather may kill it :D

Could u frezze it? or would it go soggy

ETA could i use lambs fry?

Yeah lambs fry. I don't think you;ll have problems with it in the short term ( like a few weeks ) but me thinks QLD weather can grow moulde on just about anything LOL

:D Are u saying im mouldie

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where you can buy these online (but in small amounts). I wouldn't mind trying some out but have only seen them in massive boxes and don't want to be lumped with 5kg's of them if Kei decides he doesn't like them :laugh:

The local produce stores all have them in small bags. Maybe just ask if you don't see them out.

I'm in the country - we don't have a local produce store where I am ;) Well we did have but they closed down last year :(

Try 4 x 2's or 2x2's .

Not sure if Farrels and Box one still make them but they are basically the same thing, a hard biscuit, just not in the pretty shapes

Does anyone know where you can buy these online (but in small amounts). I wouldn't mind trying some out but have only seen them in massive boxes and don't want to be lumped with 5kg's of them if Kei decides he doesn't like them :(

We use the Kong biscuits. Not for training, only one in the Kong when I go out. Not the cheapest biscuits in the world but they last me a while, I can buy them locally and I am happy with the ingredients (when compared to other brands like Supercoat/Hills/IAMs etc.) The Kong biscuits have no preservatives either.

For training treats we use something much smaller like tiny pieces of cheese, chunkers or even cat biscuits :(

I've got 4 x 2's (Bestcare/Box 1) brand. Got a few boxes of them here - happy to send you a couple so you can try them if you can't find them locally.

They are what I give Riley - get gets one once or twice a week with dinner.

Thanks wagsalot :rofl: that's exactly what I'm after. Can you PM me with postage costs for a couple of biscuits to try out? :(

Sorry, only just saw this! Will PM you now