Dog Biscuits

puglvr

Just wanting to know what Dog Biscuits people use. I mean the "treat ones" not normal dry food. We had been buying "Supercoat Baked Bones" in the 5 kg boxes but it seems we cannot get them any more. They were a terrific size for the pugs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit sceptical about aldi-brand schmacko strip type things and liver treats, and my girl loves them - they're very moist which she likes and boy can she sniff em out. I've tried other things but she wont touch it. Those and peanut butter in a kong and she's over the moon (-:

For dog biscuits I like the Supercoat ones, but have been unable to get them for a while. We ended up on Luv Dog Biscuits.

For training treats, you can't go past Smacko's.....excellent.

Do you know what's in those??? They are full of crap, I wouldn't feed those to my dogs.

For dog biscuits I like the Supercoat ones, but have been unable to get them for a while. We ended up on Luv Dog Biscuits.

Do you know what's in those??? They are full of crap, I wouldn't feed those to my dogs.

They were recommended to me by my dogs breeder....so I don't consider them crap.

They were recommended to me by my dogs breeder....so I don't consider them crap.

Check the ingredients. My dogs breeder fed them too. I choose not to. :scared:

Nature's Gift's Chicken Treats - They are $1.99 and I find them in alot of supermarkets in the pet food isle. Jet loves them.

I get them too...when I am being lazy. The beef and liver ones are good too.

I got the beef ones and Jet liked them but then I discovered that real beef gives him the runs :scared: I will try the liver ones next time :eek:

They are made from garbage and are loaded with salt.

Since they are not a food source but a TREAT I wouldn't worry if they are 'rubbish' or not. I eat human biscuits each day but certainly dont have them for a main meal (quite fascinating how much oil seeps out of them when you leave a human plain dry biscuit on a hand towel).

Anyway we use to get the supercoat ones that came in boxes but havent seem them for sometime. Have also used teh ones in the red boxes but they are quite big and cant be bothered breaking them in half eachmorning (we use a biscuit as payment for her getting the paper from the front yard). So now we have been using the new Supercoat ones that come in the plastic bag thingy (more expensive than the others ones though). Am currently using the lite and mature ones but the other variety was fine too.

Since they are not a food source but a TREAT I wouldn't worry if they are 'rubbish' or not. I eat human biscuits each day but certainly dont have them for a main meal (quite fascinating how much oil seeps out of them when you leave a human plain dry biscuit on a hand towel).

Yeah but I care more about what my dogs eat than what I eat. :scared:

I just don't think it's necessary to feed that junk when there are plenty of other healthier (cheap!) alternatives that are just as yummy.

Edited by moosepup