Dog Friendly

spiff

NO, I was not implying that all people who own 3 dog's or more are crazy, Although all the people that I know that own 4 dog's are crazy, all one of them. Seeing as I don't know any of you people, so I wasnt referring to any of you. This has been quite good listening to your feedback, and colliehound can use alot of the information too. Chewie you are welcome to bring your whole brood and stay at our place, but to fit in you will have to book all 4 rooms and since it will be school holidays peak rates of $230 per room per night apply, and of course 4night minimum (some conditions apply)

:D ;) :D :rofl: so am I learning to stir the shite pot good fifi

:p yes grasshopper...you are a quick learner !!

be careful young Jedi, too many stirrs of the pot could bite you on the ass :eek:

You may find chewie & her clan on your doorstep tomorrow !!! (and I'm sure she'd be a good guest)

fifi the crazy with more than two dogs !!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO, I was not implying that all people who own 3 dog's or more are crazy, Although all the people that I know that own 4 dog's are crazy, all one of them. Seeing as I don't know any of you people, so I wasnt referring to any of you. This has been quite good listening to your feedback, and colliehound can use alot of the information too. Chewie you are welcome to bring your whole brood and stay at our place, but to fit in you will have to book all 4 rooms and since it will be school holidays peak rates of $230 per room per night apply, and of course 4night minimum (some conditions apply)

;) :D :rofl: :p so am I learning to stir the shite pot good fifi

be careful young Jedi, too many stirrs of the pot could bite you on the ass :D

You may find chewie & her clan on your doorstep tomorrow !!! (and I'm sure she'd be a good guest)

Indeedy,

A fold out couch with a newborn, 2 and 4 year old would be ample.

Newborn in the Emmaljunga pram bassinet, 2 tiny girls on the couch.

Whippet often sleeps on Shepherd and they are dogs so they dont use house furniture.

Thanks for the invite spoof, make sure there's a cold one waiting for me in the fridge.

What a shame I'll miss the opportunity of missing out on meeting all the crazy 3+ dog owners. They are often the bees knees, many of my most fantastic friends will have to miss out. Oh the price? No problem. THE KIDS DONT GO TO SCHOOL YET!!! Whats your linky, cant wait!!

Cheers :eek:

Edited by Chewbacca

be careful young Jedi, too many stirrs of the pot could bite you on the ass :eek:

would that make you triple d fifi

Looks like I'm crazy. :eek:

Oh dear. I'll be forced to stay in my usual haunt when next I'm down Mexico way.. that's the place with the hot and cold dog shower. :p

;) :D :rofl: :p so am I learning to stir the shite pot good fifi

Looks like I'm crazy. :D

Oh dear. I'll be forced to stay in my usual haunt when next I'm down Mexico way.. that's the place with the hot and cold dog shower. :p

You could just dump 2 of them PF? Then you could still stay :eek:

:D :rofl: :p :p so am I learning to stir the shite pot good fifi

Looks like I'm crazy. ;)

Oh dear. I'll be forced to stay in my usual haunt when next I'm down Mexico way.. that's the place with the hot and cold dog shower. :)

You could just dump 2 of them PF? Then you could still stay :eek:

Someone supposedly running a "pet friendly" motel actually suggested that to me once. :p

I asked whether they suggested a similar thing to people travelling with children. Didn't THAT go down well! :D :D

You know, there are plenty of people who have dogs instead of children these days. I just don't get why some people think it's perfectly acceptable to make rude and/or insensitive comments about us when I'm fairly sure if presented with the same number of children in a family, they wouldn't want to be so bloody rude. They might think it, but wouldn't express it, if you know what I mean. :o

We had a number of fantastic holidays in VIC including with the dogs at pet friendly places where the dogs were welcome inside with us and NOT ONCE were the dogs an issue with any of the properties we stayed in. I guess times and perhaps attitudes have changed in just a few short years. That's really sad. :(

you stirred back :eek:

Actually everyone, there is an awsome old weatherboard house in Inverloch (dog friendly everywhere even peak season on many beaches) Excellent backyard, quick stroll to shops and beach. Classy area, cafes parks NO Fez's at all. Will try and look up the name, but we used to stay there with Squid and Elliot, sleeps heaps too.

Very resonable rates. Google Inverloch, its stunning and only 2 hours from Melbourne CBD

I had 7? dogs over for pizza a few weeks back (2 mine). Excellent night, and crazy? Absobloodylutely :eek:

This thread started out really useful. but then the usual suspects came in. Pity.

BTW - my cousin who has 10 kids loves going away with her hubby once a year. Her only stipulation is that there must be no kids around. Apparently that makes her evil and no one should cater to her needs. Pity.

This thread started out really useful. but then the usual suspects came in. Pity.

BTW - my cousin who has 10 kids loves going away with her hubby once a year. Her only stipulation is that there must be no kids around. Apparently that makes her evil and no one should cater to her needs. Pity.

Yeah okay , sorry if I've offended you people. But it's starting to get a bit childish, Good-bye and thank you.

Sadly, they so often do. However, you have been given plenty of good ideas by the people who aren't interested in soley their own concerns, so hopefully that helped.

Spiff if you're still around and apologies if someone else mentioned it - fridge for dog food.

Sounds great. All the best with the new venture.

Ditto.

Yep totally EVIL. I hope she and her hubby manage a holiday this year with no kids within 1000km. :eek:

Spiff if you're still around and apologies if someone else mentioned it - fridge for dog food.

Agreed. I'm another who feeds raw.

We haven't stayed in many dog-friendly places, so have limited advice and opinions.

We stay annually at Giba Gunyah near Bemboka, not far from Bega and Tathra Beach. We love the fact that the flooring is slate, so easy to clean, and the yard is well fenced. Their rule is that dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture, which suits us fine. Our dog is never allowed on the furniture at home, anyway, but judging from the fur left on the couch when we arrive, not every four-legged guest heeds the rules.

Giba Gunyah provide two large stainless steel bowls, which is cheap for them and saves us packing that little bit extra.

We bring a crate for our dog to sleep in -- I've often thought it would be far easier if the cottages (there are two of them) provided a large-size crate that could be disinfected between visitors. It's only a $100 outlay for the owner (per crate), and again it potentially saves the guest from carrying something so large in their car. However not all dogs sleep in crates, some travel in crates in the car anyway, and for those with more than one dog having only one crate available would be a bit of an insult ... what do others think?

I agree that info about off-lead areas and info in the room about groomers, vets, pet supplies etc are very handy. If ticks are in the area, a prominent reminder for out-of-area visitors would be wise.

I've never contemplated the outside tap or hydrobath idea :eek: Our dog is wash 'n' wear. He splashes about in the river to get clean when we go away.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

Yeah okay , sorry if I've offended you people. But it's starting to get a bit childish, Good-bye and thank you.

Sadly, they so often do. However, you have been given plenty of good ideas by the people who aren't interested in soley their own concerns, so hopefully that helped.

Ditto.

Yep totally EVIL. I hope she and her hubby manage a holiday this year with no kids within 1000km. :eek:

Of course its my concern, I am a dog owner and I am always looking at pet friendly accom. I just happpen to have children, and in case many hadnt realised, you cant book them in to a kennel or pay someone to look after them. Its not that easy.

Funny how a major annual dog event has done nothing but encourage me to bring my children, because they are dependents and I am their mother. Funny that.

To me a quiet romantic weekend would be NO ONE at all around, especiallly dogs!! Dogs are a part of our family, and there is nothing better than all of us being able to go out to a place together.