Sasha's Blend And Joint Guard?

cornell

Has anyone used Sasha's Blend as well as Joint Guard?

We started using Sasha's Blend for our Golden Retriever's stiffness which has definitely improved her mobility and overall sparkle but we would also like to try out Joint Guard to see if we can make her even more comfortable.

I believe that it takes a while to see the improvements from Joint Guard. Is it safe to continue to give her Sasha's Blend until the Joint Guard has kicked in?

Thanks in advance!

I don't see why not. Maybe alternate the two. I've used Joint Guard but not Sasha's Blend. It's hard to work out the exact ingredients in Joint Guard but the main difference seems to be the addition of msm. Could you just add msm as a supplement and still use Sasha's? Just thinking out loud.

You probably could do it - but I don't really see the need, and personally, I wouldn't.

Maybe try giving only half doses only of each until you feel she is ready to change over to Joint Guard fully? It really won't make too much of a difference whichever way you decide to do it though.

I have used both with Chloe, and like both of them - although I now stick with Sasha's Blend. It's more palatable (even though it's a bit stinky for us humans), and I find it is more beneficial for Chloe.

Spottychicks idea is also a good one, just add anything you feel is missing as an additional supplement will also do the trick.

I simply use human chondroiten/glucosamine/MSM tablets and super strength liquid fish oil. A heck of a lot cheaper then the dog products and works just as well

Me too, and these can be used for us human folk also.... :thumbsup:

I have tried joint guard for about 6 months but found the human grade stuff better but that is for my dogs, as we all know different dogs respond accordingly.

i looked into it all recently as my dally has djd.

basically discovered jointguard had msm in.

i did try using the human pure msm, no effect :laugh:

i was also told the human stuff isn't absorbed aswell in dogs?

he is on jointguard, and i have noticed he is a bit better, have the course of injections too, but honestly couldn't see a change :(

jointguard is the most expensive, as it has it all in, the others dont.

i did try using the human pure msm, no effect :laugh:

i was also told the human stuff isn't absorbed aswell in dogs?

Hmmm that's interesting. I thought it was more or less all made from the same stuff. I'm just curious as to who told you that and did they say why?

I first discovered glucosamine and msm years ago before there was any (or I knew of any) made especially for pets and I used Nutralife (I think it was) glucosamine w chondoitrin and msm on my dally who was lame from arthritis. I also changed her diet to raw. She was running around like a young thing in a couple of months. I always thought it was the Nutralife that sorted her arthritis. I'd be interested to know if that's the case or not.

I just bought 1kg chondroiten/glucosamine/MSM - the Nutra Life brand through Vitaminking.com.au delivered for $67 plus fish oil included for the same price (on special at the moment)!!!!! Hope this helps my boy - all the vet injections etc didn't work for him sadly!!!!!! Have been giving him fishoil for the last 12 months which helps alot but on cooler mornings he still cries for quite some time when he first gets up in the morning :confused: .......Thanks guys will give this a go!!!!!

a vet told me human ones didn't work on dogs :confused:

Mmmmm wondering if the vet sells his/her own doggy brand?

I use Naturesway joint food from the supermarket - works just as well as jointguard and about half the price.

Tried sasha's blend, as I was sent a sample, but he got an but upset tummy pretty much straight away.

a vet told me human ones didn't work on dogs :confused:

Mmmmm wondering if the vet sells his/her own doggy brand?

I use Naturesway joint food from the supermarket - works just as well as jointguard and about half the price.

Tried sasha's blend, as I was sent a sample, but he got an but upset tummy pretty much straight away.

Mmmm I wonder...

I have a host of Rott's that say it does work and very well. I've had "growing" pains in young dogs and the human grade products worked wonders then my previous exp with the animal products.

I do believe though feeding/exercise/genetics plays a part not necessarily in that order...