Do You Give Your Bitch Raspberry Tablets

oakeydoak1

Hi everyone.

The breeder I got one of my bitches off told me she gives her bitches Raspberry tablets one week to 10 days prior to whelping as it helps everything "loosen up" for hte birth. she says she has had not trouble with any of her bitches whelping since she has used them.

Was wondering if anyone else uses them?

I have only used them once...maaaaany years ago (like about 23 years ago now :rofl:) and I STILL have vivid memories of the green, smelly puppies that arrived. Not meconium green, organic green. And it didn't do a darned thing for the bitch as far as I'm concerned.....each subsequent litter was delivered in the same manner without the benefit of the green overtones! :(

Am I the only one who thought this was about "giving your bitch raspberries?" As in making noises on their tummy? :( All I could think of was that if I was going to give any dog a raspberry it would be my bitch because it's a dangerous practice with a male dog. :love:

Then I opened the thread and got all disappointed when I saw the full title. ;)

I have used Raspberry tablets for 30 years and only had 2 caesers due to pups in the wrong position so wouldn't say the tablets let me down,both girls did deliver again normally.

I start the girls 2 weeks after mating and continue through until 2 weeks after whelping.

Have only had small breeds and my experience has been that they have whelped quickly, had fantastic milk supply right from whelping, post whelping discharge cleared quickly and vulva returned to shape quickly.

Whether this is all coincidence or the tablets do make a difference is debatable.

Happy to keep using them

Am I the only one who thought this was about "giving your bitch raspberries?" As in making noises on their tummy? :( All I could think of was that if I was going to give any dog a raspberry it would be my bitch because it's a dangerous practice with a male dog. :vomit:

Then I opened the thread and got all disappointed when I saw the full title. :rofl:

:love: ;) :rolleyes: :heart::laugh::vomit::vomit:

sorry to dissapoint you!!!