Tug Toys

nikivds

Hi guys,

I have started braiding some tug toys out of 4 strips of polar fleece, let me know what you think.

I'm not sure if I will start selling them as for now I am making them for third place prizes for our tuesday night agility trials at our club. Do you think they are ok as prizes (the allowance we are given for 3rd prize is $1.50).

4329822452_519f76c208.jpg

Nossi and Pepe sure like them :(

4329822546_710aee9ae3_o.jpg

Edited by nikivds

You have no idea how long I hunted for a tug like that! I found some eventually, but the braids are too loose. The doggies can get their teeth caught in them.

Put a bungee handle on it! It makes them, like, ten times more fun.

This is exactly the same as the tug toys I make for my guys, and the last doggy day we went to in Melbourne I made all the dogs one, the dogs and thier owners loved them, I was sick of my lot tug o waring on unsuitable things, (things dont last long with 4 way tugs :() so I tryed them out on my guys and they loved them. I found that I had to do the plaits very tight or they come apart to easily. My lot continue to play with them even after they have come apart. I only plait with 3 strands and I make each stand fairly wide. I think they would be great as prizes, well done!!

What is the name of that style of plaiting called?? I make my own tugs for me and to give to dog friends as prezzies.. and I have no clue with that plait.. I can do a box plait and a regular but not that round one :thumbsup:

Great prize though!! I would love to have that!

Hi guys,

I have started braiding some tug toys out of 4 strips of polar fleece, let me know what you think.

I'm not sure if I will start selling them as for now I am making them for third place prizes for our tuesday night agility trials at our club. Do you think they are ok as prizes (the allowance we are given for 3rd prize is $1.50).

4329822452_519f76c208.jpg

Nossi and Pepe sure like them :thumbsup:

4329822546_710aee9ae3_o.jpg

Look great, I know alot of the agility folk like the 4 strand braid.

Sure, why not sell them, I'm sure people are your club and here will like them, not many people do the 4 strand braid.

Wow thanks everyone!! I brought some to training tonight and everyone was very enthusiastic. :thumbsup:

I like the 4 strand braid because it's tight and lasts a bit longer and it's very very simple, not sure what it's called but I will explain it when I get on my computer (on my iPod atm).

I was thinking of selling them for $5 or something, maybe also make some smaller ones for 2.50

where do you advertise things on dol? If anyone wants one just pm me.Tdieriksx, I'll give you some for free as a donation for the rescue pups, please pm me your address so I can send them :cheer:

Edited by nikivds

Well done. I have made these as well. As a variation for larger dogs you can put a knot in the middle before plaiting and then plait either side of the knot. It holds them together for a little longer.

You can buy handles that are similar to bungee handles from shops that have water ski equipment however they are too expensive to make them economically. I have wondered about buying a cheap leather lead from a $2 shop and cutting off the clip part and plaiting it into the toy to create a handle however I have not got around to it! :thumbsup: